(Topic ID: 233668)

Which game has been bitched about the least on Pinside?

By MK6PIN

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by hank527
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

71597 (resized).jpg
20180930_163155 (resized).jpg
6D288B61-0E8A-4924-9023-4E98A5772E38 (resized).jpeg
582ad9810ab0a43b940f624a24bbef6c4bdac886 (resized).jpg
LLyod (resized).jpg
crockpot_baked_potatoes_foil-772x1030 (resized).jpg
baffleball-lrg (resized).jpg
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Spider-man I remember people bitching about the '3rd Sandman doesn't have a DMD animation!!' Incomplete!

#52 5 years ago

Not quite. I recall ample bitching.

Baked Potato Asteroids

Modes all feel the same

LE pricing jacked to new heights

Playfield art sucks balls

Laser Star Field Projector is a joke

ST Next Gen way better

crockpot_baked_potatoes_foil-772x1030 (resized).jpgcrockpot_baked_potatoes_foil-772x1030 (resized).jpg

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

LOTR is one of my favorite games of all time. But it was not without its issues and complaints. (15+ years is a long time, so people forget)
Stuff I remember reading
-Gimli/eb/Gollum shot is terrible
-Flippers would get too hot and weak
-VUK switches are flaky
-Ring magnet is not reliable
-DTR 2 ball mode quirks, which was changed to 1 ball option. Blowing fuses, double balls stuck.
-Valinor requirement rules are cumbersome making player qualify and play all 3 multiballs repeatedly if DTR for Valinor failed
Again, love the game, but it was griped about a lot.

Don’t forget the photoshop art

#54 5 years ago

The Mafia, it could barely get a page or 2 of gripes. Mostly, no one cared.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

The “Gay 90’s”

Ha, my thoughts exactly..... Actually miss that one, great player..

#56 5 years ago

To get THE TRUTH..."ASK" this guy...
LLyod (resized).jpgLLyod (resized).jpg

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Tron was fairly well received.
The only ferreting and debate I remember with Tron on release was whether people thought the LE add ins were worth the “outrageous” extra $1,100 bucks Stern was asking for the LE over the pro model... “it’s only a little chrome and some drop targets and some lights and a special mode...that stuff costs Stern like $50”...people would say.

The le had a single slot coin door unlike the pro. Alot of people complained about that.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I can’t think of a game someone hasn’t complained about.
AC/DC seemed like it did pretty good dodging major complaints.

are you kidding me? when members saw that Angus face on the pro playfield for the first time, they almost lit Pinside on fire, in revolt!!!

#59 5 years ago

Never heard one bad thing about Big Game.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Iron Maiden was universally loved here.

Yeah until people found out how bad the Newton balls and Sarcophagus lock suck, then all hell broke loose!

#61 5 years ago

Stern's star trek pro? Nobody ever says bad things about that

#62 5 years ago

Back to LOTR . When it was released many people called it Austin Powers 2 due to its similar fan lay out.

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Not quite. I recall ample bitching.
Baked Potato Asteroids
Modes all feel the same
LE pricing jacked to new heights
Playfield art sucks balls
Laser Star Field Projector is a joke
ST Next Gen way better
[quoted image]

Haha! I traded my Tron LE for a STLE+cash nib. Asteroids DID look like baked taters, the code was young and same, same, same. And Stern was beaten up for characters on the pf becoming outdated. ( think TWD where none were used for copyright reasons!). So the art was ‘safe’ and pretty but boring.

Steve did a great job with the flow, but after next update it really popped.

Then I sold it. Wife loved older shows, couldn’t stand the movie reboot.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Thats it! LET'S GOOOOGHHH!
4 Flippers (one that auto flips)
A bash toy that actually does something (unlike most Sterns).
A fun interactive toy with Thing.
Plenty of modes and two multi-balls.
5 Pops and 2 mags
Good call-outs and theatrics with the multi-ball
20,000 of them made due to demand.
The game was (is) a smash hit! Quite a few of my non pinhead friends even ask when I'm going to get one as they remember it fondly. I'm all ears to hear as to why you find it unworthy of being a top rated game. I mean Tron has a spinning disk and all (with a thing that swings back and fourth if you paid an extra grand)
LEGGO!
For least amount of Pinside bitching, LOTR (I could easily be wrong though)

I never said I don't like TAF but it is flawed. It's a rinse and repeat game in every sense of the word. Many people just shoot the ramp and the scoop over and over and over again. The left side of the game is underutilized as well. That dead end shot to a stand up frustrates the hell outta me. This all being said, it is an iconic game and very innovative with its use of mechs. The only time a licensed property was executed in a better fashion was STTNG.

#65 5 years ago

582ad9810ab0a43b940f624a24bbef6c4bdac886 (resized).jpg582ad9810ab0a43b940f624a24bbef6c4bdac886 (resized).jpg

#66 5 years ago

Everyone on Pinside likes flippers, right?

6D288B61-0E8A-4924-9023-4E98A5772E38 (resized).jpeg6D288B61-0E8A-4924-9023-4E98A5772E38 (resized).jpeg
#67 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

End of the day...I have found a hobby that truly fits where I'm at, and grateful for all the choices, differences (yes, they are different), and crazy banter that surrounds these games. We have to be weird to be pinheads, but a lot worse things to be.....most attacked/ bitching - BM66, most under the radar - LOTR, most over-rated - DI.... recent timeless love/ hate - TRONLE.....my story, and I'm sticking w it...

Sorry, couldn't let the DI most over-rated comment stand unchallenged, can't remember a game that had more bitching at first about the theme and has had to earn it's reputation thru solid gameplay, can't see how that can be considered over-rated in way!!

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Sorry, couldn't let the DI most over-rated comment stand unchallenged, can't remember a game that had more bitching at first about the theme and has had to earn it's reputation thru solid gameplay, can't see how that can be considered over-rated in way!!

Fair enough, and this post was just my opinion. But has it really earned its solid reputation as opposed to aquiring a very strong, small fanbase? It does get a fair share of bitching still, so I unjustly added "over-rated" to my comment.

Post came as I was finishing a bottle of MVR, so cannot be held accountable....

#69 5 years ago

You DO realize that as soon as you name a pin that has not been bashed here, it WILL get bashed here. This is Pinside.....

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

You DO realize that as soon as you name a pin that has not been bashed here, it WILL get bashed here. This is Pinside.....

True, but just created another thread for the MOST bashed pin....

#71 5 years ago

An easier topic would be: " Which game was bitched about the most". But, I cant remember any bitching about Iron Maiden or GOTG. I never heard anything god or bad about Deadpool and to me that game sucks like crazy.

#72 5 years ago

Iron Maiden - many hated the music
GOTG - folks complained it copied Metallica too much
Deadpool - no RR callouts, not based on the movie. Well, that was my complaint.

It is in our nature to bash the new releases but we have been blessed with some awesome pins. I feel fortunate in the simple fact that they are still being made.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

An easier topic would be: " Which game was bitched about the most"

Just created it.....this will give a nice comparison on Pinsiders opinions (not really the games themselves, imho)_

#74 5 years ago

Did TSPP stay under the radar pretty well? Can't remember

#75 5 years ago

I bitch because I cant afford them anymore.

#76 5 years ago

1951 Gottlieb Mermaid.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

are you kidding me? when members saw that Angus face on the pro playfield for the first time, they almost lit Pinside on fire, in revolt!!!

Not kidding. People always find something they hate and complain about it. Its pretty good if the best they can do is complain about playfield art on 1 model, and the use of a lower playfield on another.

#78 5 years ago

Punchy The Clown

LTG : )

#79 5 years ago

I’d say Metallica. I bitched a tiny bit when it was released because the code was pretty uninspired. But that was reasonable. Then it turned into a monster.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’d say Metallica. I bitched a tiny bit when it was released because the code was pretty uninspired. But that was reasonable. Then it turned into a monster.

After Crank it up was implemented, there wasn’t anything to complain about. Great game.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

After Crank it up was implemented, there wasn’t anything to complain about. Great game.

hmm....seems to be a good choice, based on how many "A vs B" machine polls it has one....

#82 5 years ago

WNBJM
it is just firkin AWESOME.
beautiful on or off. truly a piece of art and the game play is fun, fun, fun!

20180930_163155 (resized).jpg20180930_163155 (resized).jpg
#83 5 years ago

The only game I can think of is Met.. every other game people find stuff to bitch about..

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

That changed the game. I knew it, and I called it great after that. Eventually I bought one, and I love the game. It’s probably my most played game over the last year. I’ve never been a fan of the band, but the game is almost perfect. It’s the combination of having so many ways to play it. Strategic sniping to light all the inserts on all the shots so you can crank everything, or just bash something until it gives you a multiball. Hats what makes it great... multiple ways to have fun.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

WNBJM
it is just firkin AWESOME.
beautiful on or off. truly a piece of art and the game play is fun, fun, fun!
[quoted image]

Yet to play one, but definitely want to...Not sure if it was attacked, as I didn't keep up w those threads

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yet to play one, but definitely want to...Not sure if it was attacked, as I didn't keep up w those threads

It depends on how you set it up. Mine for instance is at 6.5 deg and all coils for bumpers, flippers, slings are cranked.
Simple and super addictive.

#87 5 years ago

It seems MET is a great example of a "winner" here. I personally don't enjoy the game, but also feel no need to attack it in the threads....why are almost all others fair game?

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

AFMR and MBR, but it's still early for MBR.

I second AFMR, it seems to have been pretty flawlessly received except for a small amount of bitching about the flippers, which I thought were fine so I don't get that one.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Punchy The Clown
LTG : )

People generally forget to make fun of games that they have never seen.

However, sonetimes they lie if they want to make a splash. I actually listened to someone once "analyze" Punchy the Clown until I had to step in and call them out because they clearly talking about the Visual PinMame version.

For what the game offers, Punchy entertains and plays well, even if limited in terms of coding.

Fits nearly anywhere too, unlike SafeCracker with the wings installed, which takes up much more space.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Did TSPP stay under the radar pretty well? Can't remember

Was also released before there was a forum on Pinside. Sterns were generally still considered inferior to what came before at the time of TSPP, but it was the best received Stern I can remember from the pre-LE era (including LOTRs from its original runs).

#91 5 years ago

I would have to say Metallica for the win. It really was well received with fantastic art, layout and decent code on launch. Only issue was coffin lock on Premium/LE that got corrected. Very little to complain about-great game!

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I personally don't enjoy the game, but also feel no need to attack it in the threads

Why would any game make you want to attack it in the threads?

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've yet to figure this out....Happens all the time.

Here again, it feels more like an attack on the Pinsider as opposed to the game itself.

Someone doesn't like a game, finds justification, then berates anyone that does ( globally, rarely one to one, but has happened)

"I can't have, don't want that toy, so no one should"....The threads seem to be getting clogged w it lately

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

71597 (resized).jpg71597 (resized).jpg

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've yet to figure this out....Happens all the time.
Here again, it feels more like an attack on the Pinsider as opposed to the game itself.
Someone doesn't like a game, finds justification, then berates anyone that does ( globally, rarely one to one, but has happened)
"I can't have, don't want that toy, so no one should"....The threads seem to be getting clogged w it lately

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone got them and they’re all shit.

#96 5 years ago

Way of the world, I suppose...

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone got them and they’re all shit.

So which game gets the least "opinions"

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So which game gets the least "opinions"

Haven’t found one yet. Let’s all agree they all suck ass on varying levels.

#99 5 years ago

Funhouse
Humpty Dumpty is never discussed
MM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
$ 18.95
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.95
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-game-that-s-where-been-made-that-very-very-few-outsiders-b/page/2?hl=yellowghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.