(Topic ID: 233668)

Which game has been bitched about the least on Pinside?

By MK6PIN

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by hank527
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

71597 (resized).jpg
20180930_163155 (resized).jpg
6D288B61-0E8A-4924-9023-4E98A5772E38 (resized).jpeg
582ad9810ab0a43b940f624a24bbef6c4bdac886 (resized).jpg
LLyod (resized).jpg
crockpot_baked_potatoes_foil-772x1030 (resized).jpg
baffleball-lrg (resized).jpg

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Ok...fixed....every game seemed to get thrashed on here. Which one gets it the least? (sorry to ramble for the first few responders)

#2 5 years ago

Ive heard nothing but good things about Thunderbirds are Go....

#3 5 years ago

#4 5 years ago

Done from my phone....Think topic fixed now... apologies

I guess it's just getting so predictable is why I bring it up. Understood, opinions matter, hence a forum....however if there is anything more consistent than complaining about something on here, it's getting harder to see.

Almost intolerable behavior to get too excited or enjoy any game too much.....seems odd from a collective, small group, that love (?) the hobby.

Maybe I've had a long week, but really..does every single game have to be dissected to the point of proving it's lack of whatever?

I love pinball.....enjoy some machines better than others. It just seems that complaining about something is the new norm lately.

#5 5 years ago

What was the bitching about SM?

#6 5 years ago

Iron Maiden was universally loved here. I think if you go back in time very few people have bad things to say about AFM or if you wanna go further back Space Shuttle and Eight Ball Deluxe are kinda shining stars. Other that that, all pins suck

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I think the flow was too good and balltimes too long.....

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Iron Maiden was universally loved here. I think if you go back in time very few people have bad things to say about AFM or if you wanna go further back Space Shuttle and Eight Ball Deluxe are kinda shining stars. Other that that, all pins suck

You forget how many people bitched about the music - loads !

#11 5 years ago

Bingo!!!! Think I'm changing the thread title....have a better way to phrase it....

#12 5 years ago

IDK but Munsters has had the least bitching for a new game in a while, so that's progress

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

On release people were not satisfied with the code and were very unhappy with the dots, which were not good.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

IDK but Munsters has had the least bitching for a new game in a while, so that's progress

I would agree..but believe the layout is under fire....and give it another few days. Then after games get out....BAMM!!!

#15 5 years ago

I actually don't have an answer myself....anxious to hear......

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

You forget how many people bitched about the music - loads !

I was thinking gameplay or code. If it's an Iron Maiden pin you know what you are in for with the music. I don't understand the complaining there. It's the band in which the pin is based, don't like it, don't buy it. Really no need to whine about musical preference, it's all subjective and individual.

#17 5 years ago

I'll take a stab though....TAF?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

A pre-Pinside and pre-RGP game so it wouldn’t be responsive to your question.

#19 5 years ago

Tron was fairly well received.

The only ferreting and debate I remember with Tron on release was whether people thought the LE add ins were worth the “outrageous” extra $1,100 bucks Stern was asking for the LE over the pro model... “it’s only a little chrome and some drop targets and some lights and a special mode...that stuff costs Stern like $50”...people would say.

#20 5 years ago

AFMR and MBR, but it's still early for MBR.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The only ferreting and debate I remember with Tron on release was whether people thought the LE add ins were worth the extra “outrageous” extra $1,100 bucks Stern was asking for the LE over the pro model... “it’s only a little chrome and some drop targets and some lights and a special mode...that stuff costs Stern like $50”...people would say.

People do think Tron "isn't deep enough" even though it does an excellent job with that high adrenaline, fast gameplay.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That might be the most flawed top rated game outside Jpop stuff of course.

#23 5 years ago

I want a Tron LE so bad

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any pin with artwork featuring Olivia Wilde in a skin-tight suit is going to be fairly well-received. Is our culture too politically correct for such pin art to be made these days?

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

A pre-Pinside and pre-RGP game so it wouldn’t be responsive to your question.

Ahh...I am in those Club threads, but agreed, couldn't of had the bitchfest prior to release, etc. As it's before Pinside.

As seen above however, it still has its detractors

#26 5 years ago

I can't think of another that escapes the wrath in this era...Does AFMr count? It had major props and a healthy thread until ink and flippers doomed it....Isn't there 1?

#27 5 years ago

When there’s a lot of bitching, there’s usually something to it. To answer the question, who bitches about TAF? Only losers- haha.

#28 5 years ago

Well, other than Tron the game that had the least drama with its debut on Pinside that I remember is Avengers. That game was very well received here on release and people loved the art package, light show, creative layout, a real backglass, metal ramps, and toys...

The drama with Avengers came after the game was shipped and in the owner’s hands for a bit and not before. When owners started dumping it due to ball hang ups another glitches the game is known for today is when the drama with that title came into being...

#29 5 years ago

TNA? Haven’t heard too many bad things.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

TNA? Haven’t heard too many bad things

It had some drama on release for people that just couldn’t get past the single level of play and the lack of controlled returns to the flippers. The style of play was the drama.

Metallica, Tron, and Avengers meet the OPs criteria of no drama after announcement but before shipping. After those three I draw a blank as all games come with complainers and offended people...or so it seems.

#31 5 years ago

Not sure but I do believe that GB did the biggest 180 from loved to unloved from release to delivery since I’ve been around. Everybody (me included) was doing cartwheels when they unveiled that machine.

#32 5 years ago

I barely heard a quief about the rolling stones...

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Not sure but I do believe that GB did the biggest 180 from loved to unloved from release to delivery since I’ve been around. Everybody (me included) was doing cartwheels when they unveiled that machine.

Holy shit was that hilarious.
Pre release: THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER
After playing: FCK I HATE THIS GAME
ZY did slay it though freakin gorgeous machine.

#34 5 years ago

Besides the "Maiden sucks" cucks I remember making a comment about how after the reveal Pinside had a couple weeks of hugs and perfect harmony. It was weird.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from tommyp:

I barely heard a quief about the rolling stones...

Cuz no one bought any.

#36 5 years ago
baffleball-lrg (resized).jpgbaffleball-lrg (resized).jpg
#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Besides the "Maiden sucks" cucks I remember making a comment about how after the reveal Pinside had a couple weeks of hugs and perfect harmony. It was weird.

This was going to be my answer to the actual question before the ADD kicked in. Besides the cucks it’s been smooth sailing and rightly so because Maiden kicks ass.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

That might be the most flawed top rated game outside Jpop stuff of course.

Thats it! LET'S GOOOOGHHH!

4 Flippers (one that auto flips)
A bash toy that actually does something (unlike most Sterns).
A fun interactive toy with Thing.
Plenty of modes and two multi-balls.
5 Pops and 2 mags
Good call-outs and theatrics with the multi-ball
20,000 of them made due to demand.

The game was (is) a smash hit! Quite a few of my non pinhead friends even ask when I'm going to get one as they remember it fondly. I'm all ears to hear as to why you find it unworthy of being a top rated game. I mean Tron has a spinning disk and all (with a thing that swings back and fourth if you paid an extra grand)

LEGGO!

For least amount of Pinside bitching, LOTR (I could easily be wrong though)

#39 5 years ago

I've changed my vote ( no poll...)...To LOTR...Think you're right...Sold mine so didn't get deep in the threads ( couldn't stand it), but possibly the least bashed?

TAF is what it is...Love it....

Side- how long has Pinside been around? I'm sure it's in a thread of Robin's, just curious if someone has the quick answer.

If a long-standing member could chime in on whether it's always been filled with the negatively, or just in cycles? Think I've been on here for around 6-7years, and just seems the tone has changed....( Or maybe just me)?

#40 5 years ago

I know I'm grumpier than I was 6 or 7 years ago......wait...maybe I'm part of the problem!!!!

Nah....just ordered, paid for a MunstersLE and super stoked.....will just have to live w the bitching, as I'm really looking forward to this one....

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I already read lots of bitching about the premium not coming in a second color version. And no ball save. And lower playfields suck. And the theme sucks.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, other than Tron the game that had the least drama with its debut on Pinside that I remember is Avengers. That game was very well received here on release and people loved the art package, light show, creative layout, a real backglass, metal ramps, and toys...
The drama with Avengers came after the game was shipped and in the owner’s hands for a bit and not before. When owners started dumping it due to ball hang ups another glitches the game is known for today is when the drama with that title came into being...

Wasn't Avengers also the game that started LE price escalation though? I think that Hulk and Blue were both $7500 NIB. That rubbed people the wrong way for sure.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I already read lots of bitching about the premium not coming in a second color version. And no ball save. And lower playfields suck. And the theme sucks.

Exactly....

#44 5 years ago

The “Gay 90’s”

#45 5 years ago

I can’t think of a game someone hasn’t complained about.
AC/DC seemed like it did pretty good dodging major complaints.

#46 5 years ago

Who was around for the Target Alpha reveal in 1976?

#47 5 years ago

Hear very little about LOTR, people mention the commitment but that’s not necessarily bitching.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I think this will be a very fun, beautiful game ( and the idea of a mb, lower, minipf w bash toy is just crazy), but 100% convinced it will get slayed on here, regardless...

#49 5 years ago

End of the day...I have found a hobby that truly fits where I'm at, and grateful for all the choices, differences (yes, they are different), and crazy banter that surrounds these games. We have to be weird to be pinheads, but a lot worse things to be.....most attacked/ bitching - BM66, most under the radar - LOTR, most over-rated - DI.... recent timeless love/ hate - TRONLE.....my story, and I'm sticking w it...

#50 5 years ago

LOTR is one of my favorite games of all time. But it was not without its issues and complaints. (15+ years is a long time, so people forget)

Stuff I remember reading

-Gimli/eb/Gollum shot is terrible
-Flippers would get too hot and weak
-VUK switches are flaky
-Ring magnet is not reliable
-DTR 2 ball mode quirks, which was changed to 1 ball option. Blowing fuses, double balls stuck.
-Valinor requirement rules are cumbersome making player qualify and play all 3 multiballs repeatedly if DTR for Valinor failed

Again, love the game, but it was griped about a lot.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-game-that-s-where-been-made-that-very-very-few-outsiders-b/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.