New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 162774)

Is there a game comparable to Radical! In speed and intensity?

By Chosen_S

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Chosen_S
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

I've been playing Radical! a bunch lately since I fixed it a week ago (it's been down for mods)

It's the fastest most packed game with the most intense soundfx I have played.

Is there anything comparable to it?

image_(resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Bump

#3 4 years ago

That's a good looking game! Lots of ramps and speed like Whitewater. Two very good games!

#4 4 years ago

I only comment on games without purple GI

#5 4 years ago

It sure is pretty Rad. iCal.

It's got a mondo amount of shots, that's for sure.

Probably doesn't get the love it deserves simply because there were only 1300 made, so most have never seen one, let alone played one.

rd

#6 4 years ago

sometimes I don't want to think too hard when I step up to one of my games, I just want to hit flow shots fast over and over, but still be challenged, and I want the music to be fast and pump me up... radical does that for me,

my other games are not quite that way
black knight:frantically hitting targets and trying to save the ball
Tron: timing shots and thinking about the next shot constantly
BOP: hit the ramp
CV: line up multiballs
Radical!: hit loop, hit ramp, shoot straight up the middle, and dance

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Is there anything comparable to it?

Quoted from Chosen_S:

sometimes I don't want to think too hard when I step up to one of my games, I just want to hit flow shots fast over and over, but still be challenged, and I want the music to be fast and pump me up... radical does that for me,

I know exactly what you mean. Consider giving Dr. Dude a hard look, it's the same type of feel (fast with good sounds but not consuming much grey matter).

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I know exactly what you mean. Consider giving Dr. Dude a hard look, it's the same way.

Except way more brutal. The Dude can really kick your ass if you get it wrong ...

rd

#9 4 years ago

I've been playing dude digitally for a while, I sort of feel like there are a lot of straight shots, which for me usually turns into sdtm drains

Any other suggestions to go with dr dude?

#10 4 years ago

WH20, although I can give a lower priced alternative list.

#11 4 years ago

Well, I'd also suggest Water World based your criteria but see you've owned it so you're a better judge than me on that one.

I don't have a lot of time on Elvira and the Part Monsters (other than on my phone) but it might be worth a look as well.

#12 4 years ago

Wwh20 might be a good catch,
Water world was a fun fast game, but I couldn't stomach the callouts or the music, I could have held on to it and done the pinsound board, but I didn't know about it at the time.

Elvira... I'd love to get both her games, but my wife is not as fond of busty women as I am

#13 4 years ago

If you love ramps you can't beat Radical. I enjoy radical but find it somewhat easy. To me IM is the fastest and most intense.

#14 4 years ago

I'll go check out iron man too, I've only put a few games on it, I think it deserves another shot

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Water world was a fun fast game, but I couldn't stomach the callouts or the music, I could have held on to it and done the pinsound board, but I didn't know about it at the time.

Good point on the music, certainly not my favorite. The call outs aren't that bad though.

This idea might be out of left field because of the theme but I find Freddy pretty fast, flowing and easy with good sound effects (again the music is a let down for pumping you up though, it's actually the opposite).

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Consider giving Dr. Dude a hard look, it's the same type of feel (fast with good sounds but not consuming much grey matter).

Oh, I love Doctor Dude!!

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I know exactly what you mean. Consider giving Dr. Dude a hard look, it's the same type of feel (fast with good sounds but not consuming much grey matter).

I don't think Dr. Dude is very similar - Dude is mostly stop and go and its rulesheet reminds me of Creature (complete letters or colors and go for MB).
DemoMan would be my suggestion for a similar feel of flow.

#19 4 years ago

Nothing, I repeat NOTHING can compare to RADICAL.
It has long shots, short shots, multiple ramps, multiple flippers, awesome flow, great art, it is a system 11, integrated back glass and an totally excellent sound Dude - wooooaaaaahhhhh!

#20 4 years ago

Great game,sold mine, would love to find a diamond plate version, parts are scarce.

#21 4 years ago

The only game i've played that shoots at all similarly to Radical is Gottlieb's Gladiators. It has similar looping ramp action with 4 flippers. Like you with your Radical, I love stepping up to my Gladiators with the intent of just making shots and keeping the flow going.

#22 4 years ago

Nice! I'll give gladiators a try, never seen one though

I had a demo man, completely different game than radical

I don't think I will ever even see a diamond plate radical. I'd love to find a nos playfield and cc it though

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 50.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Machine - For Sale
Olive Branch, MS
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Boards
PinSound
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 209.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside