bowling pins (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.27.04 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.27.20 AM (resized).png
310491639_487559906602492_3806860588273051893_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4183 (resized).jpg
Photo-4 (resized).png
31-1977-24 (resized).JPG
IMG_4128 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1176 2 years ago

In the club!

2021-7-28 Shadow and Flintstones (resized).jpg2021-7-28 Shadow and Flintstones (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1183 2 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

... I am having a problem with the ball falling off the Apron when it's time to go bowling. ...

A common issue, but has simple (albeit counterintuitive) solution - loosen the screws on the upper portion to allow the apron to rise and tilt more toward the back.

4 weeks later
#1197 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricbec:

1st question, does the game have a 2 ball and a 3 ball multiball?......wondering if it is having trouble spitting out the 3rd ball.....not 100% sure yet....

Various multiballs. Up to 3 balls in play depending on which.

https://www.ipdb.org/rulesheets/888/flintsto.htm

Quoted from Ricbec:

Vuk?, what do you mean?

VUK = Vertical Up Kicker

#1199 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricbec:

Vuk?, what do you mean?

VUK = Vertical Up Kicker

Quoted from Ballypinball:

No there are 4 balls installed but not 4 ball multiball

My bad. Post corrected. Thanks.

1 week later
#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

No there are 4 balls installed but not 4 ball multiball

No 4-ball MB on its own, but I had various modes/multiballs stacked yesterday and all four balls were in play.

Didn't last long unfortunately.

1 week later
#1232 2 years ago
Quoted from mraphillips:

1. ... Whenever i shoot a ball up the "machine" ramp the ball drops into the floor of the machine.

1. ... Whenever i shoot a ball up the "machine" ramp the ball drops into the floor of the machine. Not sure where the ball should go after it goes up the ramp, but i have never seen any balls go up to the spinning black circle in the top left corner of the playfield.

If you're referring to the left ramp as the "machine" ramp, this ramp only includes a 180 degree circular turnaround that returns the ball, under the left side buildings, back toward the flippers. Sounds like you may be missing a piece if the ball is actually dropping downward to the main playfield. Routes to the machine ("spinning black circle") are via left and right orbit lanes and are indicated by "machine" labeled playfield inserts that light up on them. Both orbits lead to vertical up kicker (VUK) mech at rear of playfield that kicks the ball up through a chute and out into the "machine" if that insert is lit.

Quoted from mraphillips:

... Lots of dead led bulbs. I have confirmed that many LED's are dead. the brand is "comet 6.3v". Not sure if i should replace them with same manufacturer of different make. Also, what color would you suggest "white, soft white, etc."
thanks
Ash

As Jon9508 mentioned, LED bulbs tend to last a long time so seems suspicious that you have a lot of dead ones. Comet sells quality bulbs too. More likely faulty circuit(s) or sockets.

Sometimes it's just a matter of bending wires outward on bulbs, as also suggested, to improve electrical connection in socket, but again this seems suspect if a lot of bulbs are out.

Brand of bulbs isn't critical, but base type and voltage are. 6 volt w/ 555 wedge base for Flintstones and many others, bayonet bases and/or 12 volts on some other games (depends on manufacturer and when built). Whites are typically available in warm, sunlight, and cool intensities. Choice is subject to personal preference, but Comet has a ton of LED bulb info and suggestions on their website. Suggest you check that out.

#1233 2 years ago

dup

1 week later
#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from mraphillips:

... this was my first repair and i learned so much! ... Now I need to fix a weak flipper.

Congrats on the successful repair - you're on your way to becoming a veteran pinhead!

I just "rebuilt" all three flippers on my Flintstones as they were somewhat weak. Well worth the effort as all are now strong shooting and game is even more fun!

Parts link FWIW:

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-rebuild-kit-williamsbally-081993-101998-spooky-2014-present-jjp-2012-present.html

Need to order "full" set PLUS 2nd right side flipper. Bushings are separate.

#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from mraphillips:

Hello all!
I am working on a minor issue and could use some guidance. Whenever a ball is shot up the right "rescue" ramp then the ball comes down to the apron area and if the gate is up the ball will go down the drain instead of being presented to the left flipper. ...

Assuming I'm understanding your game's issue correctly ...

The ball draining rather than making it around to the opposite flipper (via the apron ramp behind the flippers) is a common issue with a simple (albeit less than obvious) solution. Make sure the (2) apron screws immediatley to the left and right of the flippers aren't tightened so much that they are pulling the top of the apron downward too much. Loosen them as needed and the ball should no longer dump into the drain as it travels behind the flippers on the apron assembly.

1 week later
#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from mraphillips:

Tuna,
new question for you. Why are my pinball bulbs so sensitive? Some go out, i lift up the playfield, then re-seat them and they work ok. After that i put the playfield down gently and some others go out again. Are bulbs super sensitive, or do i need to clean the contacts or do something else?
Ash

Barring any surprises with the bulb voltage you're using, sure seems more like a circuit related issue rather than a multi-bulb quality issue (too coincidental). Suggest you check first for loose/bad connections by following the lighting leads back to their respective connector(s) and then make sure that they are connected correctly.

1 month later
#1276 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

... I wouldn't mind changing the bird man to something different, Ideas?? I can't find a good Betty to put there.

Look no further!

8920549 (resized).jpg8920549 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Anyone has any pics of this

My Flintstones is now located hours away so I can't take any pics, but I'd suggest you be more specific as to what exactly you are looking for pics of. Providing a photo of the area in question on your game would be helpful.

Otherwise - if you haven't already done so, you might want to check out the photos in the image gallery for this thread. Photos in the Flintstones game gallery as well as in archived sales listings may be good resources too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/flintstones/gallery

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&ad_machine_key=187

Good luck!

#1306 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

I don't remember if the ball Launch button on Flintstones stays lit or only when u shoot ?
Thanks all

Ball launch button stays lit. Pic shows my game at my son's house.

If your switch still isn't working, check for circuit continuity if you have a multimeter. Also check to see if any fuses blown and broken wires or loose connections.

20220423_183126 (resized).jpg20220423_183126 (resized).jpg

8 months later
#1353 1 year ago

Offering alternate Flintstones translite for sale:

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
Used, good condition - “Gently used, VERY GOOD condition, alternate adult humor Flintstones translite that I purchased a few years ago and had in my former game for a limited time. $99 price INCLUDES ins...”
2023-01-19
Kitsap, WASHINGTON
99 (OBO)
Archived after: 37 days
Viewed: 434 times

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 6.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-flintstones-owners-club-if-not-lets-start-it-here?tu=tuna_delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.