bowling pins (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.27.04 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.27.20 AM (resized).png
310491639_487559906602492_3806860588273051893_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4183 (resized).jpg
Photo-4 (resized).png
31-1977-24 (resized).JPG
IMG_4128 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parsonsaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1284 2 years ago

I just picked up a Flintstones in decent shape and at a good price (for the current pinball state of the world). My question is about the translite frame... the previous owner pointed out that the top of the translite frame frequently comes off when you remove it from the game. I noticed that the sides are also very loose. It appears that tape was used to hold the whole thing together in the past. My question is whether this game has just a single sheet of plexiglass that the translite goes behind, or did it originally have a sheet in front of and behind it? It seems like the 4 sides of the frame fit WAY too loose for it to just be a single sheet.

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Mine is a single piece of plexi also the one i had before was single as well. Maybe your trim is old and needs to be replaced or was replaced with the wrong style.

Yeah I would think that could be the case but I just ordered a replacement set from pinball life with the same part numbers as is in the manual... it fits very loose. The manual DOES specifically mention that the glass was originally tempered glass, so maybe the glass was a little thicker than the plexy? I ordered a sheet of the glass from a local glass place for $30 so we will give that a shot. The plexi on this game was a little scratched up anyway...

#1288 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Yeah I would think that could be the case but I just ordered a replacement set from pinball life with the same part numbers as is in the manual... it fits very loose. The manual DOES specifically mention that the backglass was originally tempered glass, so maybe the glass was a little thicker than the plexy? I ordered a sheet of the glass from a local glass place for $30 so we will give that a shot. The plexi on this game was a little scratched up anyway...

2 weeks later
#1290 2 years ago

(deleted)

#1291 2 years ago

I picked up a Flintstones a few weeks ago that is 100% working. I was just getting ready to start replacing the incadescent bulbs with LEDs (warm white only, no clown puke!) when I noticed that there was a lot of flicker going on with the backbox GI bulbs. It also seems to be happening with all the playfield GI as well. This was only happening after the game had been turned on for a few minutes.

Running through the settings, I noticed that there is a power saver mode that can be disabled. When I disabled that, the game no longer flickers. However, when I first got it, the bulbs did not flicker even with this setting enabled. Is this a connector/header/pin issue, or something flaky with the power? Is there any harm in running the game all the time with power saver disabled?

I'm glad this started happening before I replaced bulbs with LEDs, because I would have had to rip all the LEDs out thinking that they were at fault with the flickering!

1 month later
#1310 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Not that a single person noticed last time. Lol. But it’s finished and ready for the floor.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I noticed! I am working on one myself right now and was making good progress until I shorted something out while replacing bulbs with LEDs and now have the dreaded "Check F114 and F115" error when it starts up... waiting on a fuse to replace the one that I know is actually blown and then will see if there is any other damage.

Where did you find the small houses that you replaced the figures in the back of the cabinet? I like that much better than the LED strip I put under the original plastic figures.

#1315 1 year ago

Would someone please take a pic of the right gate assembly for me. Something seems amiss with the one installed here. The solid metal flap doesn’t extend far enough down to stop the ball, which kicks the spring off every time the ball bounces back through.

Is this the one you mean?

CB8EC801-C114-462F-A694-91CCD8D6988A (resized).jpegCB8EC801-C114-462F-A694-91CCD8D6988A (resized).jpeg
#1317 1 year ago

It is. And it appears that might actually stop a ball and keep it in the upper lanes.
We’ll know to find the correct gate. Not going to be an easy task. Thanks for the pic bud.

Good luck finding the part! I have had pretty good luck with finding parts from vendors in Australia, for some reason. Most of the non-standard parts for this game are not available from the usual USA sellers but I have had good luck with plastics and light boards and other such parts from Australian sellers, and the shipping is not THAT bad...

3 months later
#1323 1 year ago
Quoted from kurlykiwi:

Just got a Flintstones and the family are already hooked! There is a loud crack when turning on and off and i was wondering if this is usual? Also looking at the speaker panel there are 2 different speakers installed. Is this OEM / standard? Thanks
[quoted image]

Mine makes a loud pop when powering on, followed by a "dong" sound when startup completes.

I also had the same non-symnetric speakers but I replaced mine with Flipper Fidelity, which are both the same.

#1327 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Did you need to do any rewiring? Was the sound upgrade worth it? Noticeably better?

The Flipper Fidelity kit comes with its own wiring harnesses, so that part was easy. The sound was definitely better, but not quite in the league of the Pinwoofer kit for modern Stern games. A subwoofer gives the game a lot of punch… I used the Pinnovators kit to hook up a Polk sub.

#1331 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All
I’m after a Fred’s Choice A plastic that goes above the left drop targets.
If anyone knows where I can get one please drop me a line.
Thanks

ebay.com link: itm

I bought one from this guy, I think...

1 week later
#1336 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Balls keep getting stuck in the machine/rock crusher.
I see some games have no rubbers on the center posts up there, others have just sleeves. What’s the right configuration for this? Any other fixes?
I worry no rubbers around those metal posts will just damage the balls over time.

I have sleeves on mine and every so often a ball will stick… but my game always gives the machine a 1/4 or 1/2 turn as sort of a mini ball search and frees the ball. Never had to take the glass off to free a ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 6.95
$ 37.50
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parsonsaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-flintstones-owners-club-if-not-lets-start-it-here?tu=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.