bowling pins (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.27.04 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.27.20 AM (resized).png
310491639_487559906602492_3806860588273051893_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4183 (resized).jpg
Photo-4 (resized).png
31-1977-24 (resized).JPG
IMG_4128 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

With all the newfound interest in Flintstones, we might as well have a thread to post pics and ideas in. I know there are some already out there, because I've been looking for ideas for my mom, but let's just condense them into one spot from now on.

Her pin is set to be delivered on Monday. She's already got a little Flintstones car thanks to Turbo, and I'm thinking about getting her the decal overlay for mother's day if I can find one. I'll post pics of hers once it gets here.

Any other ideas, mods, pics to share?

#4 10 years ago

I started and I dont have one yet either, and then it will be at my mom's house. Welcome Alchy!

Spooky, cant wait to see pics!

#20 10 years ago

Just ordered a dino mod and 2 TAF mods for mom's machines for Mother's Day. Woo hoo!

#22 10 years ago

I just sent him a message through eBay so hopefully he'll see it and respond. Thanks Turbo!

#38 10 years ago

Mom's is supposed to be delivered today, so once I can see one in person and poke around on it, I'm sure I'll have questions on how to put some of the cool features in. I like the spotlight on the diner and bowling alley. It really lights up that area.

#46 10 years ago

My phone is blowing up with texts of delivery pics.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#53 10 years ago

They got it in the house and she's playing it. There was damage to the speaker panel when they were getting it ready to ship, so she's trying to figure out what to do about that since there's a scratch on the plastic area in front of the DMD. Anyone know where to find a replacement speaker panel?

#55 10 years ago

The seller tried to buff it out as it was being put on the truck, but it kinda made it worse. She's going to look at it today and see what she can do with it.

#64 10 years ago

Mom just sent me this pic of her "Turbo car." image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#68 10 years ago

Yay! Glad you've got one, even if it's not quite what you thought it would be condition-wise. Mom's already wanting more pin decals because her pins spin and the other side is silver, so we're going to get another set so they are 2-sided.

Does anyone make the cartoon character drop target decals, or was that a custom thing? Her decals need help and I was going to order the regular ones, but she wanted to know about the cartoon ones just in case.

#83 10 years ago

Very cool Spooky. I ordered the stock ones for her, but she'll probably prefer yours. I had to get her a second set if bowling pin decals because hers keep turning backwards and looking silver.

1 week later
#126 10 years ago

Sneljo82- I love the figurines!

OgeistO- The machine is at my mom's house, so I don't have access to test it. If someone doesn't answer this soon, I'll call her tonight and have her check it out.

#132 10 years ago

I got the dino light mod and had the extra piece added for the top left side. When my mom opened it (gave it to her for early Mother's Day along with a lot of pin mods/decals/things) it fell apart. The wiring fell off the dino light strip, probably thanks to the post office also. My dad managed to solder it back on or fix it somehow, so it's back to working again. She's wanting to shop it out and clean it now that I've taken apart (and successfully put back together) 3 of my pins, so I guess we'll install it then.

#145 10 years ago

Congrats on the karma!

1 week later
#165 10 years ago

Phet- I like all the colors, and think purple on the Creech would look cool. I'm going to show my mom this on Sunday since she was thinking about doing more colors on hers, but don't know if she means lights or powdercoat.

#170 10 years ago

So, Sunday was too busy with my sister/baby niece/grandmother running around to do pinball mods, so we're doing them this weekend instead. And ideas on how to keep the targets up so that I can put the new decals on them? And I looked at the bowling pins (hers spin and only have decals on one side, so we're putting them on both) and it looks like a pain to get to that spot. I figure we'll end up tearing it down somewhat for cleaning and decal adding, then will hopefully get the dino/backboard lights added in correctly.

#182 10 years ago

Very cool, thanks Spooky. I will check with my mom tomorrow, but she just put her original decals on so she may not want to change so soon. Wouldnt hurt to have a back-up though.

Does anyone know the proper spot to put the extra light strip that I got with the dino ramp light? My dad got the dino light in, but he isnt sure where the other one to light up the concrete area should be stuck. I am going tomorrow to help her finish up Flintstones and TAF decals, so any advice is appreciated.

#184 10 years ago

Finally got to work on mom's pins. We got the drop decals on from the top somehow, the dino/concrete lights in, and the dino ramp mostly fixed. The ball hits the ramp hard enough to move the plastic over and the ball gets stuck between the dino and the ramp, so we're still working on a way to fix that.
Also got the TAF Thing box decal, Thing ramp decals, and bookcase decals put on. They look really good for us putting them on without taking the machine apart. I can't believe that the playfield on TAF doesn't life out at all, just goes up and down. That made Pinball Magic so much easier to change lights on, since it has an awesome rail (and computer) system.

I see the link above for the alternative Flintstones translite. Ogeisto, did you hear back? I'm wanting to get my mom one (and the playfield decal) for her birthday in August, or Christmas. Her translite has some damage on it so instead of fixing, we'd prefer the other. Oh... her machine shows earnings of over $56,000 so the poor thing is in pretty good shape for being used so much. image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#185 10 years ago

And TAF just because.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#187 10 years ago

So, I took my inflatable stego (that I bought for my JP room) to my parents house because dad has an air compressor. Then forgot about it when I headed home. I just got this picture texted to me.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#192 10 years ago

Mom wants to light up her buildings next since I told her others had done that. Where did you get the buildings for the back right corner? Those look good.

#196 10 years ago

I just got a set of 5 buildings and a Dino for $20 shipped off eBay. Thanks for the info, I am sure we'll get them fixed up cute.

1 week later
#215 10 years ago

Looks really good! I like the spotlights, it really lights things up.

I'm still trying to find the cartoon decal and translite for my mom, so if anyone sees some let me know. I tried the international eBay one and never got a response. She got her McDonalds buildings from me yesterday when they delivered Twin Win, so once I get some pics from her I'll post them. She was going to put a few inside and some on top.

#230 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Thinking of maybe adding a Flintstones so was looking at this thread.
This translite pic was posted and discussed. But what I noticed and believe was not mentioned was how weird the proportions.
Case in point. Look at Fred's right arm reach around Barney and manages to rest his hand on Betty's ass. Hilarious! The artist should head back to art school he probably never went.

Um, first if all that isnt exactly the cartoon version I want for my mom. Lol. Second, pretty sure that is Barney's arm on Wilma's butt.

#233 10 years ago

Is the wife-beating club included?

I think Turbo has that costume actually. He's got the car too. I wonder where you park a Flintstones car. (If I had a Wrangler, it would totally get painted like the Jurassic Park Jeeps. )

#251 10 years ago

Love the added houses. My mom is trying to get paint to fix hers up, then put a couple inside and the rest in a custom topper she's working on.

3 weeks later
#266 10 years ago

Everything I post is correct on my phone and sideways on everything else. I think it is a Mac thing.

Swapped out the whites under the slings and flipper area for orange and purple today on Mom's Flintstones. Sorry in advance for the pics if they are sideways.

1 week later
#282 10 years ago

Went to hang out with my parents before my dad and I went on a pin-shopping road trip, and we got quite a bit done on her Flintstones. I think we are finished for now, except she wants to get a rock base somehow for her village on top. If anyone has good ideas, please let me know.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg // Error: Image 114381 not found //

#283 10 years ago

Village:

#287 10 years ago

We had fun painting the buildings. Someone called me and we told them we were painting happy meal toys as a topper for her pinball machine, and you'd have thought we just said we had 3 arms. Lol. Non-pin people just dont get it.

#289 10 years ago

Paper mache is actually probably the best idea. We were looking for a styrofoam rock we could use, like the model railroad mountains, but nobody has anything but square blocks for flower arrangements. It would probably be easier just to mold whatever she wanted from scratch, then paint it grey. Good idea OgeistO!!

#293 10 years ago

I don't really know what she's wanting, but that's probably a good start. The only problem is that on the website it says it weighs about 50 pounds, and that's going to be a lot of glass cleaning if that falls down on the playfield.

I think she's happy with her village just sitting there now, but I may have to check out the aquarium aisle of PetsMart next time I'm there and see if they have something like that in the fake/lighter variety. Thanks for the idea!!

1 month later
#301 10 years ago

I was over at my mom's house last weekend playing pins, and I didn't even get to play Flintstones. She was busy on it having a "good run" so I left her alone and played Pinball Magic and TAF instead. Out of those 3 that she has, she loves Flintstones the most. My new niece is about 5 months old, and mom is already talking about getting the Flintstones DVD set to watch with the baby once she's bigger, and of course teaching her how to play pinball on the machine.

Turboderf: thanks again for the apron mod! I haven't had a chance to put it on her machine yet, because I can't get her to stop playing it when I'm there. lol

6 months later
#422 10 years ago

Little Shop of Games posted a thread about this yesterday but it got lost before I could get back and link it, so here's the direct link to their Flintstones target decals.

http://www.littleshopofgames.com/Decal/pageF.html#fli

#424 10 years ago

I got mom's Flintstones the Judge Dredd dino light and the add-on strip light for the top of the concrete mixer and really like them, but as an alternative Comet now has plug-in LED strips available. I haven't tried them yet, but will be putting some in my next order to play with them on my Stargate and potentially Flintstones.

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/3smd12vstrip.htm

3 months later
#476 9 years ago
1 month later
#485 9 years ago

My mom has been looking everywhere for a speaker panel and cant find one. Hers was damaged during shipping and actually blurs part of the DMD because of where it messed up. If anyone finds a stockpile, let me know too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blondetall.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-flintstones-owners-club-if-not-lets-start-it-here?tu=blondetall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.