bowling pins (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.27.04 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.27.20 AM (resized).png
310491639_487559906602492_3806860588273051893_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4183 (resized).jpg
Photo-4 (resized).png
31-1977-24 (resized).JPG
IMG_4128 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jon9508.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#875 5 years ago

Anyone selling a cartoon translite? Looking to replace my original since it has a few bad places.

#877 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I have one and a playfield decal available. I can get photos tomorrow.

Let me know which one it is. I know there are a few out there.

2 weeks later
#916 5 years ago

Here's what I did. Sunlight 2 SMDs in the gi, and cool whites in the slings. Still need to do a few inserts though. 6 led warm strip lights in the houses and 6 led cool strip back right corner to light up those plastics. And a strip in the dinosaur. From my experience it's cheaper and more customizable just to order stuff individually. I usually buy my stuff from comet. I love the matrix stuff as well.

20181011_203845 (resized).jpg20181011_203845 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#938 5 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Curious about the left ramp on the game. When the gate lifts the ball comes down around the apron above my flippers and falls straight down the middle. This doesn't seem right. how is this supposed to behave? I get a ball save but it's like MB Phantom flip where is never seems to work right. Maybe my game isn't levelled correctly, I need to find a level to get the slope right.
Also, is it normal to have a mode where the music stops and it's a mode where cats are thrown on the display. No idea what to do. When this happens I feel like my game crashed.
puzzled.
Thanks
Ed

Yea I would check the level of the game. Mine was off a little and did the same thing. You can always download a pinball leveling app for your phone. They seem to work ok.

2 years later
#1179 2 years ago

Finally found a flintstones in my area. Does need a little love though. With that being said. Does anyone have any spare plastics. I need both above the drops. Or has anyone tried the repros from ebay?(looks like they are made in Russia). Will be looking for a right ramp aswell.

1 month later
#1182 2 years ago

Finally got it shopped out and mods added. Still need twp plastics though.(above both drop tragets) Don't really want to buy a whole set. Already have more money into this then it most likely worth. I am having a problem with the ball falling off the Apron when it's time to go bowling. I have adjusted it a little, seems to be better but I would like to turn on the ball save for it. Can't seem to find it in the settings. Any know what number it is? I am running L-5 for the rom.

20210916_195755 (resized).jpg20210916_195755 (resized).jpg20210916_195807 (resized).jpg20210916_195807 (resized).jpg
#1184 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

A common issue, but has simple (albeit counter-intuitive) solution - loosen the screws on the upper portion to allow the apron to rise and tilt more toward the back.

Ahh. Didn't think about that. Maybe it's to tight. I will adjusted it tonight. Thanks for the tip.

4 weeks later
#1189 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricbec:

Just had this part show up on the upper playfield a few inches down from the bowling balls, anyone know where it belongs?, I'd say I'm missing the little pin that holds it in now.....
[quoted image]

Pretty sure that part of a mirco switch. Maybe the switch that detects if a ball is in the vuk?

#1193 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricbec:

Vuk?, what do you mean?

I was wrong. It's the enter switch in the machine. Maybe it just popped off.

Screenshot_20211023-083435_Adobe Fill & Sign (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211023-083435_Adobe Fill & Sign (resized).jpg
#1203 2 years ago
Quoted from BigGav:

Hey There,
Happy FS owner here. Hoping to get a bit of tech help please.
Having a flip earlier this evening and noticed after I hit left loop to light "Bronto crane" It's all good then when I go for second shot at Bronto Crane ball passes straight through to DIG.
Seems that top ball diverter is not popping up to stop ball.
Ran a switch test and ball diverter plunger not registering.
Where to from here? I'm not too sure.
ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks heaps
Gav

Make sure the spring isn't broken or hasn't popped off. Hooks on the gate and feeds down trough the playfield to the mech.

#1205 2 years ago
Quoted from BigGav:

Jon9508 THanks for quick response.
Its not the gate. It's the Plunger that shoots up through PF to drop Ball down into volcano.
Hope this makes sense.
Cheers Gav

Ah miss read that. Check the coil. Power on the lugs?make sure it moves freely and not bound or burnt up.

#1209 2 years ago

Sounds like you have power. Might need to test the transistor now. I believe you can ground out the metal tab and it should fire.

#1210 2 years ago

https://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wpc/index2.htm#trans

Maybe this will help put you in the right direction.

#1212 2 years ago

Works on my side. Not sure why.

#1227 2 years ago

I went the Comet matrix route. A couple 6 led clusters led lights in the buildings, 1 6 inch strip in the dodo bird. A long 10 inch one in the Dino. One behind the plastic with the bosses. And one behind the plastic with the kids on the rock machine. With those 5 red bulbs on the rock machine I pulled a couple out and used the strip to light it up. Becareful replacing those bulbs. The bulb socket is only held on by 2 prongs on the board and easily breaks.

1 week later
#1231 2 years ago
Quoted from mraphillips:

Hello friends,
I just purchased my first pinball machine and have started the journey of becoming a pinhead! I am learning a lot about the machine but have a few issues that i need help on. Bear with me if i get the terminology wrong.
1. Ball drop from "machine" ramp. Whenever i shoot a ball up the "machine" ramp the ball drops into the floor of the machine. Not sure where the ball should go after it goes up the ramp, but i have never seen any balls go up to the spinning black circle in the top left corner of the playfield.
2. Lots of dead led bulbs. I have confirmed that many LED's are dead. the brand is "comet 6.3v". Not sure if i should replace them with same manufacturer of different make. Also, what color would you suggest "white, soft white, etc."
thanks
Ash

Kinda confused when you say machine ramp. To get the machine mech you either shoot the brono shoot or the right orbit. The post will pop up and hit the ball into the vuk. That kicks the ball to the machine or the brono.

As far as the bulbs. They usually don't go bad. You can try and flare out the wires on the bulbs.

#1237 2 years ago
Quoted from mraphillips:

Referring to the dropped ball issue. here are some pics. For the VUK, there is a hole that the ball can go through. I am not sure if there should be something blocking this from happening? in addition, when i push on the VUK, all i can see is 1/8 inch of the bar, perhaps part of the VUK broke off?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Correct. You are missing the black vuk top.

Quoted from mraphillips:

Referring to the dropped ball issue. here are some pics. For the VUK, there is a hole that the ball can go through. I am not sure if there should be something blocking this from happening? in addition, when i push on the VUK, all i can see is 1/8 inch of the bar, perhaps part of the VUK broke off?

Your missing the vuk top. That catches the ball.

Screenshot_20211112-190358_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211112-190358_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1238 2 years ago

Might be in the bottom of the cab?

1 month later
#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from mraphillips:

Does the brontosaurus have a light? Mine does not seem to light up, nor can i find one.
Ash

It's a mod you can add. I used a 10 inch Comet matrix light strip to light mine. Pretty easy to do. I think they sell a kit on ebay of your not a dyier.

1 week later
#1270 2 years ago
Quoted from Blamer:

Waiting for the cartoon decal and backglass to be delivered I went on with the modding:
[quoted image]
The led stripe on the right ramp is sound activated and it changes color while playing, I will then also add a controller for led stripes triggered by events.
I got two questions for you guys:
The test report keeps mentioning switch 35 trough 4, but I haven't been able to find it, I also tried looking for it triggering every switch in test mode but I couldn't find it. Do you know where is it exactly located?
Second question, do you know if colorDMD works with the lx-5 ROM?

Yes the color dmd will. That's the rom I am using as well

2 months later
#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from mraphillips:

Good morning!
I am having a problem with the spinner up the Lane C ramp. The spinner spins but it does not produce any points on the scoreboard. The spinner does not appear to be connected to any wires and i can't see anything that is loose. Can someone send me some pics with the wiring so i can see whats missing. Maybe the wires are below the playfield?
Ash

It's not a spinner. It's a one way gate. It pushes the ball over when traveling back down to the flippers. If it wasn't there the ball would go sdtm.

1 week later
#1286 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I just picked up a Flintstones in decent shape and at a good price (for the current pinball state of the world). My question is about the translite frame... the previous owner pointed out that the top of the translite frame frequently comes off when you remove it from the game. I noticed that the sides are also very loose. It appears that tape was used to hold the whole thing together in the past. My question is whether this game has just a single sheet of plexiglass that the translite goes behind, or did it originally have a sheet in front of and behind it? It seems like the 4 sides of the frame fit WAY too loose for it to just be a single sheet.

Mine is a single piece of plexi also the one i had before was single as well. Maybe your trim is old and needs to be replaced or was replaced with the wrong style.

2 months later
#1311 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I noticed! I am working on one myself right now and was making good progress until I shorted something out while replacing bulbs with LEDs and now have the dreaded "Check F114 and F115" error when it starts up... waiting on a fuse to replace the one that I know is actually blown and then will see if there is any other damage.
Where did you find the small houses that you replaced the figures in the back of the cabinet? I like that much better than the LED strip I put under the original plastic figures.

Those houses are McDonald's toys from 1993 or so. Ebay, you should be able to find them pretty easy. From what I remember they arnt that expensive.

4 months later
#1343 1 year ago

Pinball center has a full set. Also a guy on ebay that sells the set aswell. Looks like your not in the states so it should be alot easier for you to order from them. I need the 2 ramp decals from them but it's a pian to get to get something from them here to me.

1 year later
#1392 5 months ago
Quoted from little-italy:

Hey does Pinsound have the cartoon voices for flintstones. Thanks

Nope. No-one never did a sound package for it. Only the oringal sounds.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jon9508.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-flintstones-owners-club-if-not-lets-start-it-here?tu=Jon9508 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.