bowling pins (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.27.04 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.27.20 AM (resized).png
310491639_487559906602492_3806860588273051893_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4183 (resized).jpg
Photo-4 (resized).png
31-1977-24 (resized).JPG
IMG_4128 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 0geist0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 11 years ago

Hi everyone, I don't officially have mine yet it will be here Tuesday. I've played Turbos Flintstone and had to get my own. Took some searching and a little more cash than I wanted to spend but it will be worth it.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

Nice Bob! Have fun~Spooky

Hey there Spooky how are you?

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Greetings all! I used to think Whitewater was the most underrated game in Pinball. However now that I have owned The Flintstones for the past 4 months I might be changing that thought! Just a blast to play!!I too updated with Judgedredds Dino light Mod(FYI...buy from that seller in the UK with complete confidence), alternate trans and full Cointaker LEDs which brightened up what can be a very dark play field.

Where do you find the alternate translate? Everyplace I go it says "Not For Sale"

#34 11 years ago

That looks really good

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

How difficult is it to wire in those spotlights?
I've never messed with mods/wiring in a game before.
Wondering if there is a tutorial out there......

It's not very hard I usually pull power from an existing GI lamp socket, you can solder it in or use small insulated alligator clips to make it easily removable if you don't like it.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

My phone is blowing up with texts of delivery pics.

You need bigger wheels and tires to go off-road with a pin
Mine will be here tomorrow, I want to go sit on my mailbox and wait. Ii's driving me crazy only 10 miles from me sitting in a truck

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I paid for mine and then had to wait 6 weeks for delivery. Man did that suck.

Wow what a long wait, I bought mine Thursday in N.J. Be here tomorrow

#54 11 years ago

If it's not too bad of a scratch, you might be able to polish it off with Novus, 3,2, 1

#56 11 years ago

Bummer, I'll keep an eye out for one and let you know.
Bob

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

The seller tried to buff it out as it was being put on the truck, but it kinda made it worse. She's going to look at it today and see what she can do with it.

I don't suppose this would work
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-10056
One other thing you could do is what we do to plastic headlights at the body shop. Wet sand it with 1500/2000 grit sand paper and then have it clearcoated at a body shop

#61 11 years ago

Don't see anything on Ebay

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Your right. I will keep an eye out and email the seller. Get back to you, ASAP.

thanks

#65 11 years ago

Turbo is a great guy, he will try to help you with anything

#67 11 years ago

LOL, I'm a little disappointed with one side of the cab, it has a bunch of holes in it like a sign was screwed to it, but all in all it's nice. Started up with no errors, couple of cracked plastics, and rusty balls but no big deal. I ordered the ball launch button, granite plastic and bowling pin targets and decals. YABBA DABBA DOO!!!!!

#70 11 years ago

Nobody else wanted to play, I can only play by myself so long. I forgot to order spot lights too, and Terry is out of white 3 in 1 leds

#77 11 years ago

Hey Spooky, those sound cool, if you make some I'll take two sets. One for me and a set for my buddy Turbo. I'll be more than happy to send some $ your way.
Bob

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

I'm going to take a sheet of the drop target decals to office max or kinkos this coming week and see if they can make copys onto peel n' stick. If so then I hope to be able to send whoever needs them for their pin. Will let ya' guys know how it goes.~Spooky

I will cover the cost of two sets, just let me know how to pay. You are the man Spooky

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

It's done!
After approximately 50 hours of hardcore shopping (top and bottom) my Flintstones is ready to roll!
Didn't finish until a little after midnight last night so tonight will be the inaugural ball.
Will post pics soon.
Hope everyone had a fun weekend.

Can't wait to see it

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

This is what OgeistO did this weekend lite mod joes diner & bowling alley in blue ... i guess i'm going have to do it also

I'm thinking I need three more spot lights, two for the houses and one for the right rear, to light up the plastics

#92 11 years ago

I thought about taking the back board of the playfield off, removing the plastic and cut an oblong hole in it and lighting the plastics from behind

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Well the Machine's plastic SHOULD already be backlit:

Then, if you point a spotlight at the backboard, it lights up pretty well:

the other side is what I'm talking about up by the lane guides

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

When someone has a minute, can you check your Flintstones and tell me where the underside apron lights are mounted. Are they both right next to each other directly under the Flintstones logo?
And are they both 906 flashers?
Thanks all!

One flasher and one GI I have a 3 in 1 LED in the GI and both are together under the logo, I'm thinking of adding more lights under there

#98 11 years ago

I honestly don't know, but I've never heard of using a 906 for GI.

#101 11 years ago

906 bulbs are 12 volt, so no you don't want them in GI, as it runs at 6.5 volt

#110 11 years ago

How cool would that be as a golf cart???

#113 11 years ago

Got a favor to ask you guys. Can someone go into their test menu and see if there is a knocker test in solenoids? Should be test #7 mine doesn't show one and I can't get my knocker to work, and it's driving me buggie.

Thanks
Bob

#117 11 years ago
Quoted from alchy999:

Found the part responsible looks like it is oneof the screws come off or loose at the back. Means taking off the ramp to get to it

that is supposed to be riveted on, most likely someone drilled out the rivets to chance the bowling pins, and replaced them with nuts and bolts so just get new nuts and bolts and put it back together.

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

Got a favor to ask you guys. Can someone go into their test menu and see if there is a knocker test in solenoids? Should be test #7 mine doesn't show one and I can't get my knocker to work, and it's driving me buggie.
Thanks
Bob

Bumpity bump bump

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from sneljo82:

@ blondetall, thanks!
@OgeistO, I checked the knocker in solenoidtest and it's indeed nr 7. Mine works fine.... I know that some operators changed the software on pinballmachines in a way that some things can't be'changed. I had a Super mario from gottlieb which couldn't be changed to 5 balls. After changing the software to a new eprom i was able to change it. Try a new eprom eith the latest software in your Flintstones.

what game rom are you running? LX4 or LX5

#133 10 years ago

I haven't done the Dino mod or the rockcrusher I have been adding spot lights. five so far.

flintstones_001.JPGflintstones_001.JPG

#135 10 years ago

Just connecting them to the GI light sockets under the playfield, everything is LED so as to not overload the circuit. Oh and there is 3 in 1 LEDs in the pop bumpers so Dino does light up pretty well.

#136 10 years ago

Here's the Dino ramp.

flintstones_dino_001.JPGflintstones_dino_001.JPG

#138 10 years ago

There is also a spot light up there, shining on the back board and the Dino's back half

#139 10 years ago

Now I have to figure something out on how to light up the left side under the shops

#147 10 years ago

I hate to beat a dead horse but, back to my cabinet knocker. I just installed the newest rom, LX5 and still no solenoid test for it. It's listed as solenoid test 3 7 in the manual but it goes from # 6 to # 8 I really want to figure this out any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I'm also running LX5 and the knocker fires in the T.4 Solenoid Test mode.
There doesn't seem to be a number attached to it but its a part of the sequence when you run it.

Thanks I'll try that, that's not where it's supposed to be but who knows

#154 10 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I'm also running LX5 and the knocker fires in the T.4 Solenoid Test mode.
There doesn't seem to be a number attached to it but its a part of the sequence when you run it.

Thanks I'll try that, that's not where it's supposed to be but who knows

#155 10 years ago

Ok I found the problem, it was so simple I feel really dumb. It was turned off with dip switch settings

#159 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

I added 3 lights under the PF on the left side under the buildings looks great

Looks great, that ramp area is very dark

#167 10 years ago

Where did you get the cartoon translite?

#173 10 years ago

I have a problem with my right flipper sticking on mine, haven't figured it out yet, I've changed the plunger and link, coil sleeve, coil stop, that usually corrects this. Any ideas?

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

hows the spring and do you play in the flipper

spring is fine and I have plenty of play in the flipper (Fred set it up) it was double sprung when I got it and that made the coils get hot

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

your flipper brushing may be gummed up.
when i rebuild a flipper i always change these.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=270

the one thing I haven't changed is the bushing I have new ones here

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Finally got to work on mom's pins. We got the drop decals on from the top somehow, the dino/concrete lights in, and the dino ramp mostly fixed. The ball hits the ramp hard enough to move the plastic over and the ball gets stuck between the dino and the ramp, so we're still working on a way to fix that.
Also got the TAF Thing box decal, Thing ramp decals, and bookcase decals put on. They look really good for us putting them on without taking the machine apart. I can't believe that the playfield on TAF doesn't life out at all, just goes up and down. That made Pinball Magic so much easier to change lights on, since it has an awesome rail (and computer) system.
I see the link above for the alternative Flintstones translite. Ogeisto, did you hear back? I'm wanting to get my mom one (and the playfield decal) for her birthday in August, or Christmas. Her translite has some damage on it so instead of fixing, we'd prefer the other. Oh... her machine shows earnings of over $56,000 so the poor thing is in pretty good shape for being used so much.

I cut the slot in the plastic dino bigger and that fixed the stuck ball problem about 99% of the time

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Mom wants to light up her buildings next since I told her others had done that. Where did you get the buildings for the back right corner? Those look good.

I would like to know that as well, looks much better that that plastic with some guys on it

#198 10 years ago

Waddaya think? yes or no? Fred, Barney, Pebbles, Bam Bam, and Dino keep the where they are or move them

flintstones_people_002.JPGflintstones_people_002.JPG

#199 10 years ago

Also got the missing buildings mod coming, got it off ebay for $10 w/ shipping

#201 10 years ago

glued them in and found a place for the car

#202 10 years ago

flint_people_2_001.JPGflint_people_2_001.JPG

#203 10 years ago

next

flint_people_2_003.JPGflint_people_2_003.JPG

#204 10 years ago

next

flint_people_2_004.JPGflint_people_2_004.JPG

#205 10 years ago

Wilma has to have a car too...lol

#208 10 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

Hey y'all, .... might have another run of laminated Fred/Barney drop target decals coming in a few weeks. Fingers crossed. ~Spooky

same here Spooky count me in for a set

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

The three spotlights.
1 pointing at joes diner.
1 under joes pointing at bowling.
1 under dino pointing at the back plastic.

Never thought about putting one under the dino, nice touch

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Looks really good! I like the spotlights, it really lights things up.
I'm still trying to find the cartoon decal and translite for my mom, so if anyone sees some let me know. I tried the international eBay one and never got a response. She got her McDonalds buildings from me yesterday when they delivered Twin Win, so once I get some pics from her I'll post them. She was going to put a few inside and some on top.

From what I have been told, the guy that made the alt. translite and playfield decal, has been told by the powers that be, to stop. If you find them I and Turboderf are both looking

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

Yep, you can get a complete set for about $15 shipped, but, alas, two of the buildings work well in this " missing buildings" mod.' Freds house 'and the 'Rock Donalds' are painted in orange and greys. I also hand painted the buildings in aryclic neon paints, then.... drilled out a one inch slot in the bottom of each building. Then.... I broke off the top of that crappy plastic, while retaining
the metal tabs, that I pushed up back into the buildings and cemented them into place. After that I placed a 3- led light into a stern type of spotlight from Pinball Life and wired that through the ramp into the common GI lights below the play field. Much like I did in the bowling alley area. Different colors give off different looks with the buildings. Any who, either I was insane when I did this or drunk, but for less then $25 it all came out nicely. Any questions... send me a PM and I'll walk ya thru it! Again....less then $25 if ya do it right.`SpOoKy

Went out this morning looking for neon paint, all the craft store (Michaels) all they had was washable kids paint in neon. Where did you get yours Spooky?

#224 10 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

Yep, you can get a complete set for about $15 shipped, but, alas, two of the buildings work well in this " missing buildings" mod.' Freds house 'and the 'Rock Donalds' are painted in orange and greys. I also hand painted the buildings in aryclic neon paints, then.... drilled out a one inch slot in the bottom of each building. Then.... I broke off the top of that crappy plastic, while retaining
the metal tabs, that I pushed up back into the buildings and cemented them into place. After that I placed a 3- led light into a stern type of spotlight from Pinball Life and wired that through the ramp into the common GI lights below the play field. Much like I did in the bowling alley area. Different colors give off different looks with the buildings. Any who, either I was insane when I did this or drunk, but for less then $25 it all came out nicely. Any questions... send me a PM and I'll walk ya thru it! Again....less then $25 if ya do it right.`SpOoKy

#231 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Thinking of maybe adding a Flintstones so was looking at this thread.
This translite pic was posted and discussed. But what I noticed and believe was not mentioned was how weird the proportions.
Case in point. Look at Fred's right arm reach around Barney and manages to rest his hand on Betty's ass. Hilarious! The artist should head back to art school he probably never went.

First, that is the translite I want most, second is the other cartoon one, third who cares who's hand is on her ass, it's funny

#234 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Hey OgeistO,
You might as well go all out then!
Here's a costume you might want to order!

Make you a deal you send it I'll wear it while playing and have Turbo take a pic

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

Hey, has anyone had any reply from 'Colorado' and the alt- play field overlay or translight? Ogeist? Anyone? That would blow if he was now down. Also... once I get back in the laminated drop target decals, only thing I ask is a Pin side donation of $5.00. No selling here folks! ( hint hint)~Spooky

I heard from him once telling me to call he wanted to know how I got his name so I dropped a couple names on him and called but never heard back

#245 10 years ago

First off let me apologize for my sucky camera, I did a little work today

flintstones_3_led_strips_004.JPGflintstones_3_led_strips_004.JPG

#246 10 years ago

-

flintstones_3_led_strips_001.JPGflintstones_3_led_strips_001.JPG

#247 10 years ago

-

flintstones_3_led_strips_005.JPGflintstones_3_led_strips_005.JPG

#248 10 years ago

-

flintstones_3_led_strips_006.JPGflintstones_3_led_strips_006.JPG

#249 10 years ago

-

Flintstones_house_mod_001.JPGFlintstones_house_mod_001.JPG

#250 10 years ago

-

Flintstones_house_mod_002.JPGFlintstones_house_mod_002.JPG

#253 10 years ago

Thanks, I think it came out pretty good, I made a new platform for the house mod so it's totally a reversible add-on

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Love the added houses. My mom is trying to get paint to fix hers up, then put a couple inside and the rest in a custom topper she's working on.

Walmart has a pretty good selection of neon paints

#257 10 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Looks good bro!

Something tells me I should know who you are.

3 weeks later
#264 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

can someone turn the pics ... my neck is killing me trying to check them out

download them and do it yourself

#271 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Everything I post is correct on my phone and sideways on everything else. I think it is a Mac thing.
Swapped out the whites under the slings and flipper area for orange and purple today on Mom's Flintstones. Sorry in advance for the pics if they are sideways.

I have 3 in 1 orange led's in my out lanes also, I think they look really good

#274 10 years ago

I like that, I'm going to have to go through all the stuff I got with mine

#277 10 years ago

I went through the box of stuff I got with mine and found this.

Found_Flintstones_Tranlite_002.JPGFound_Flintstones_Tranlite_002.JPG

Post edited by 0geist0 : screwed up pic

#278 10 years ago

And this, much, much better.

Found_Flintstones_Tranlite_004.JPGFound_Flintstones_Tranlite_004.JPG

#279 10 years ago

Hope this one is a better pic

Found_Flintstones_Tranlite_002.JPGFound_Flintstones_Tranlite_002.JPG

#288 10 years ago

That looks great I really like the village topper, you did a good job on that. What about old fashioned paper mache for a big bolder, and then just paint? Looks like you have the talent.

#290 10 years ago

had an idea for your rocks for the topper.
http://www.naturesrock.com/aquarium-rock/

#291 10 years ago

something like this?

aquarium_rocks.pngaquarium_rocks.png

#294 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

that looks like last weeks pizza

I like last week pizza for breakfast

1 month later
#299 10 years ago

It's a great pin, lots to do and shoot at. Turboderf, has an apron mod that keeps the ball from falling off of it when it rolls across it. Send him a PM

#304 10 years ago

Turbo's the man. I have one of his very early prototypes and it works perfect

3 weeks later
#310 10 years ago

I might be able to dig one up as well, I found mine in a box of pinball parts I bought, still rolled up in the original paper and tube, brand new. Pm me if interested
Bob SOLD

1 month later
#317 10 years ago

I'm running LX5 and every once in awhile the ball will launch itself. I don't know if it's a bug or just a glitch in the machine

1 week later
#321 10 years ago
Quoted from JatoOspry:

Is there a guide somewhere that shows how to replace the pins?

I'll tell you right now that the Pins are one PITA. If ever I was going to do it again, I would grind the rivets off that top plate change the pins and replace the rivets with aircraft bolts and teflon nuts

1 month later
#326 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

How has the decal held up since install? I have the same one and am worried about it's condition over time. It's located in a high traffic area in a multi ball machine, so.... ???

I put mylar over my decal, I was worried about the same thing

2 weeks later
#339 10 years ago

Mine is fine, but I cut it a little short on one side, did my friends and it is still looking like new

1 week later
#350 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Looking for the plastic that sits above/behind the drop targets "BED". Anyone? Also looking for full bowling pin assembly.

http://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=557

1 week later
#357 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

How about some pics? I had no idea covers for the switches were made.

here ya go
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9646

#366 10 years ago

Good Luck getting "That" White Water

#369 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I just joined the club. I don't really know the rules yet or what to shoot for. I'd like to get the alternate translite though.

I have the Adult X rated translite I "Might"PG 13 Translite 001.JPGPG 13 Translite 001.JPG be willing to sell

3 weeks later
#384 10 years ago

Thinking about selling mine, I have all three translites, cartoon playfield decal, installed house mod, figures installed, spotlights installed to light up the play field. House mod and figures are totally reversible. Very nice cab, some scratches on the head, very nice playfield. $3100, or trade. Can send pics.

#411 10 years ago

Those look familiar

1 week later
#431 10 years ago

I got three white LED light strips from Art (old pin guy) this week end and lit up my apron. What do you think?
Flintstones Light Strips 001.JPGFlintstones Light Strips 001.JPG

#438 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Can you give me a link to those cards via PM? I am sans cards.

PM sent

3 weeks later
#451 10 years ago

You can get the characters fro Toys R Us

2 months later
#463 9 years ago

Mine look exactly like that.

1 week later
#479 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

OK fixed it, I took the advice in this thread and filed the guides down to get a smooth ball transition https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flipper-alignment-question
See how the bloke playing in the PAPA video I posted before can trap the ball after it comes around the apron? well I could not do that before when my ball would hop, but now I can, also makes other shots more predictable and accurate.
It's a vast improvement to gameplay, 0geist0 you should consider it.

I don't have a problem catching and trapping balls on mine

1 month later
#484 9 years ago

Mine is back up for sale, plenty of mods, all reversible, all three translites, cartoon playfield decal, house mod, spotlights added to light up the playfield.
I'll take $3000 for it, send me you email address for pics,

1 month later
#507 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Guys and gals: the bulb behind the Bowl R Rama sign above the bowling targets: what bulb goes in here? I can't seem to find this on the manual. I think it's a 906.
Anyone with some insight here?

Yep, it's a 906 flasher

#511 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Just got done shopping this thing. Pretty straight forward.
Only gripe I have w it is that uturn. Seems like it's poorly designed.
Anyone else find it not smooth?

Turboderf made a mod for the apron U turn. Might want to give him a shout. Hard to see but here is a pic of it installed.

Flintstones Light Strips 001.JPGFlintstones Light Strips 001.JPG
#513 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

No. I'm talking about the uturn up at the super jackpot switch.

Oh ok that U turn on mine is fine

1 year later
#623 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I got a chance to play Flinstones at expo this year, it's a very cool game!

It's a very fun and under rated pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 6.95
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 0geist0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-flintstones-owners-club-if-not-lets-start-it-here?tu=0geist0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.