bowling pins (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.27.04 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.27.20 AM (resized).png
310491639_487559906602492_3806860588273051893_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4183 (resized).jpg
Photo-4 (resized).png
31-1977-24 (resized).JPG
IMG_4128 (resized).JPG

There are 1,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 29.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Great job bud I restore pins and after my IJ I am doing my Flintstones too

I appreciate it , I actually did my indy first lol. both great games.
thanks

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

I appreciate it , I actually did my indy first lol. both great games.
thanks

Yes both games are really fun games all around but Indy comes first lol I already have the Flintstones cab ready for decals when Indy is done and again really great job u did on your Flintstones

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

just finished my restoration, what do you guys think
thanks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, tremendous job. May i ask where you purchased the new playfield and cabinet art?

Ash

#1254 2 years ago

Hello all!

I am working on a minor issue and could use some guidance. Whenever a ball is shot up the right "rescue" ramp then the ball comes down to the apron area and if the gate is up the ball will go down the drain instead of being presented to the left flipper.

I think the ball either has too much or too little momentum, but its worth noting that i do not have the issue with the left "rescue" ramp. I ordered an inclinometer to measure the tables incline and will get the tool tonight.

In addition, i noticed there is a peg that determines the angle of the return ramp and thus the velocity of the ball. For mine, i noticed the peg is pushing up on the ramp to make an apex midway down the ramp. The apex is very slight but noticeable. Please see pics and let me know if your shows a distinct apex at that point too

thanks again!!!

right-rescue-ramp1-edited (resized).JPGright-rescue-ramp1-edited (resized).JPGright-rescue-ramp2-edited (resized).jpgright-rescue-ramp2-edited (resized).jpg
#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from mraphillips:

Wow, tremendous job. May i ask where you purchased the new playfield and cabinet art?
Ash

Thank you, a labor of love for sure. The playfield is touched up and a new decal over the center then clear-coated. the cab decals and playfield decal came from Australia

#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from mraphillips:

Hello all!
I am working on a minor issue and could use some guidance. Whenever a ball is shot up the right "rescue" ramp then the ball comes down to the apron area and if the gate is up the ball will go down the drain instead of being presented to the left flipper. ...

Assuming I'm understanding your game's issue correctly ...

The ball draining rather than making it around to the opposite flipper (via the apron ramp behind the flippers) is a common issue with a simple (albeit less than obvious) solution. Make sure the (2) apron screws immediatley to the left and right of the flippers aren't tightened so much that they are pulling the top of the apron downward too much. Loosen them as needed and the ball should no longer dump into the drain as it travels behind the flippers on the apron assembly.

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from mraphillips:

Hello all!
I am working on a minor issue and could use some guidance. Whenever a ball is shot up the right "rescue" ramp then the ball comes down to the apron area and if the gate is up the ball will go down the drain instead of being presented to the left flipper.
I think the ball either has too much or too little momentum, but its worth noting that i do not have the issue with the left "rescue" ramp. I ordered an inclinometer to measure the tables incline and will get the tool tonight.
In addition, i noticed there is a peg that determines the angle of the return ramp and thus the velocity of the ball. For mine, i noticed the peg is pushing up on the ramp to make an apex midway down the ramp. The apex is very slight but noticeable. Please see pics and let me know if your shows a distinct apex at that point too
thanks again!!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

My does the same thing but just the odd time and if it does it gives me a free ball ,I think that's what it should do

#1258 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The ball draining rather than making it around to the opposite flipper (via the apron ramp behind the flippers) is a common issue with a simple (albeit less than obvious) solution. Make sure the (2) apron screws immediatley to the left and right of the flippers aren't tightened so much that they are pulling the top of the apron downward too much. Loosen them as needed and the ball should no longer dump into the drain as it travels behind the flippers on the apron assembly.

Tuna,

Fantastic advice!!! I was able to fix the problem by leveling my playfield. I set the table to 6.5 degrees and also discovered that the playfield around the flippers was uneven. One side was slightly higher than the other. Once i made them equal, the ball now makes it to the left flipper every time.

Although i did not adjust the apron height, its clear to me that a very minor adjustment in that area can make a huge difference, so i really appreciate your wisdom on this issue.

Ash

#1259 2 years ago

My does the same thing but just the odd time and if it does it gives me a free ball ,I think that's what it should do

William,

Once in awhile i would get a free ball too. Please see my previous post, it now works properly.

#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

Thank you, a labor of love for sure. The playfield is touched up and a new decal over the center then clear-coated. the cab decals and playfield decal came from Australia

Where in Australia?

1 week later
#1261 2 years ago

Tuna,

new question for you. Why are my pinball bulbs so sensitive? Some go out, i lift up the playfield, then re-seat them and they work ok. After that i put the playfield down gently and some others go out again. Are bulbs super sensitive, or do i need to clean the contacts or do something else?

Ash

#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from mraphillips:

Tuna,
new question for you. Why are my pinball bulbs so sensitive? Some go out, i lift up the playfield, then re-seat them and they work ok. After that i put the playfield down gently and some others go out again. Are bulbs super sensitive, or do i need to clean the contacts or do something else?
Ash

Barring any surprises with the bulb voltage you're using, sure seems more like a circuit related issue rather than a multi-bulb quality issue (too coincidental). Suggest you check first for loose/bad connections by following the lighting leads back to their respective connector(s) and then make sure that they are connected correctly.

1 week later
#1263 2 years ago

I finally joined the club! Always loved this pin.
Already fixed a couple of things (left flipper not working) and now on to mod it. Time to make it the cartoon version

20211216_175729 (resized).jpg20211216_175729 (resized).jpg
#1264 2 years ago
Quoted from Blamer:

I finally joined the club! Always loved this pin.
Already fixed a couple of things (left flipper not working) and now on to mod it. Time to make it the cartoon version[quoted image]

Welcome great pin all around ,I am restoring my right now

#1265 2 years ago

Is it possible to redraw the DMD animations so it's the cartoon version with color dmd or any other format?

1 week later
#1266 2 years ago

Having a blast with my machine. Couple of open questions for the group:

1. My bronto rubber is super sticky. Is that normal? i need to wash my hands after handling it. I also notice that the steel bronto frame is sticky too.

2. Does dino move? I noticed my dictosaurus does, but not my dino.

Merry Christmas and God bless us, everyone!

Ash

#1267 2 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

IIRC you need to send it through the tunnel from the upper flipper twice. (First time goes back into the pops second time diverter sends it to Bronto) The green “Bronto Crane” triangle light should light after you make the first shot into tunnel.

Does the brontosaurus have a light? Mine does not seem to light up, nor can i find one.

Ash

#1268 2 years ago
Quoted from mraphillips:

Does the brontosaurus have a light? Mine does not seem to light up, nor can i find one.
Ash

It's a mod you can add. I used a 10 inch Comet matrix light strip to light mine. Pretty easy to do. I think they sell a kit on ebay of your not a dyier.

1 week later
#1269 2 years ago

Waiting for the cartoon decal and backglass to be delivered I went on with the modding:
20220106_211512.jpg20220106_211512.jpg
The led stripe on the right ramp is sound activated and it changes color while playing, I will then also add a controller for led stripes triggered by events.

I got two questions for you guys:
The test report keeps mentioning switch 35 trough 4, but I haven't been able to find it, I also tried looking for it triggering every switch in test mode but I couldn't find it. Do you know where is it exactly located?
Second question, do you know if colorDMD works with the lx-5 ROM?

Added over 2 years ago:

EDIT: the switch error was because it wasn't recognizing the fourth ball

#1270 2 years ago
Quoted from Blamer:

Waiting for the cartoon decal and backglass to be delivered I went on with the modding:
[quoted image]
The led stripe on the right ramp is sound activated and it changes color while playing, I will then also add a controller for led stripes triggered by events.
I got two questions for you guys:
The test report keeps mentioning switch 35 trough 4, but I haven't been able to find it, I also tried looking for it triggering every switch in test mode but I couldn't find it. Do you know where is it exactly located?
Second question, do you know if colorDMD works with the lx-5 ROM?

Yes the color dmd will. That's the rom I am using as well

#1271 2 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Yes the color dmd will. That's the rom I am using as well

Thanks, do you suggest using the LCD or the LED version?

Added over 2 years ago:

EDIT: ordered a PIN2DMD

1 week later
#1272 2 years ago

Is there anyone who could create a decal of Fred, Barney, Wilma and Betty for this plastic in the back right corner? I'd be willing to purchase it.

Screenshot_20220120-011616_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220120-011616_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1273 2 years ago
Quoted from mraphillips:William,
Once in awhile i would get a free ball too. Please see my previous post, it now works properly.

Great thanks bud

#1274 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrtattooz:

Is there anyone who could create a decal of Fred, Barney, Wilma and Betty for this plastic in the back right corner? I'd be willing to purchase it.
[quoted image]

Are you looking for a cartoon version? Does anyone make cartoon version plastics? That would be awesome if someone does!

#1275 2 years ago

Here some tweeks of my FS. I wanted the ugly metal inlanes to be like the wall between the Flintstones and the rubbles. But white/grey didn't look correct. Not sure I'm sold on this. Moved the Eat at joes, to the back to prevent from hiding Dino, And remove the guys. Added a few boulders, one hiding a spotlight on Dino and bowling alley. Changed pop bumper caps to red. Lit up buildings. A couple palm trees. I wouldn't mind changing the bird man to something different, Ideas?? I can't find a good Betty to put there.

20220123_192816 (resized).jpg20220123_192816 (resized).jpg20220123_193000 (resized).jpg20220123_193000 (resized).jpgflintstones-the-flintstones-7558489-302-225 (2) (resized).jpgflintstones-the-flintstones-7558489-302-225 (2) (resized).jpg
#1276 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

... I wouldn't mind changing the bird man to something different, Ideas?? I can't find a good Betty to put there.

Look no further!

8920549 (resized).jpg8920549 (resized).jpg

#1277 2 years ago

Wow! Really dig it! Moving Joe's Diner really opens up the playfield! It's would be cool to 3d print mini geysers/volcanoes for the pop bumper covers... have 'em have an orange to cauldron and a few rivers of glowing lava flowing down.

#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

Here some tweeks of my FS. I wanted the ugly metal inlanes to be like the wall between the Flintstones and the rubbles. But white/grey didn't look correct. Not sure I'm sold on this. Moved the Eat at joes, to the back to prevent from hiding Dino, And remove the guys. Added a few boulders, one hiding a spotlight on Dino and bowling alley. Changed pop bumper caps to red. Lit up buildings. A couple palm trees. I wouldn't mind changing the bird man to something different, Ideas?? I can't find a good Betty to put there.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What games boulders are these? I have some from a wh2o I replaced but they’re probably too big. That Playfield looks super awesome!

#1279 2 years ago

Thanks, I made the boulders out of expanding foam. Then painted.

IMG_20220122_172936_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20220122_172936_01 (resized).jpg
#1280 2 years ago

Almost done!

Waiting for Fred, Barney, Dino, etc to be delivered I finished installing the controlled led lights.
Lights have a normal and a triggered state, for each of them you can choose between a lot of effects. The two triggered channels of the controller can be activated by flashers, coils or switches. I used the jackpot and the superjackpot switches.
Leds are on the left ramp (leds are very close one another), on the right ramp (a longer stripe with less dense leds) and as a ring in the middle bumper

A short video, you can see the triggered effect on jackpot:

1 month later
#1281 2 years ago

Good morning!

I am having a problem with the spinner up the Lane C ramp. The spinner spins but it does not produce any points on the scoreboard. The spinner does not appear to be connected to any wires and i can't see anything that is loose. Can someone send me some pics with the wiring so i can see whats missing. Maybe the wires are below the playfield?

Ash

lane-c-spinner-1 (resized).JPGlane-c-spinner-1 (resized).JPGlane-c-spinner-2 (resized).JPGlane-c-spinner-2 (resized).JPG
#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from mraphillips:

Good morning!
I am having a problem with the spinner up the Lane C ramp. The spinner spins but it does not produce any points on the scoreboard. The spinner does not appear to be connected to any wires and i can't see anything that is loose. Can someone send me some pics with the wiring so i can see whats missing. Maybe the wires are below the playfield?
Ash

It's not a spinner. It's a one way gate. It pushes the ball over when traveling back down to the flippers. If it wasn't there the ball would go sdtm.

#1283 2 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

It's not a spinner. It's a one way gate. It pushes the ball over when traveling back down to the flippers. If it wasn't there the ball would go sdtm.

Wow, thanks for the clarification. That makes a lot of sense to me.

#1284 2 years ago

I just picked up a Flintstones in decent shape and at a good price (for the current pinball state of the world). My question is about the translite frame... the previous owner pointed out that the top of the translite frame frequently comes off when you remove it from the game. I noticed that the sides are also very loose. It appears that tape was used to hold the whole thing together in the past. My question is whether this game has just a single sheet of plexiglass that the translite goes behind, or did it originally have a sheet in front of and behind it? It seems like the 4 sides of the frame fit WAY too loose for it to just be a single sheet.

#1285 2 years ago

Hi All,

New Flinstones owner asking for your help.
I bought this project pinball and was wondering if anyone can help me out.
I couldn't find where this cable suppose to be on the playfield.
All help appriciated.

CDF15DB0-0135-4E33-9E05-2C845AADD45E (resized).jpgCDF15DB0-0135-4E33-9E05-2C845AADD45E (resized).jpg
#1286 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I just picked up a Flintstones in decent shape and at a good price (for the current pinball state of the world). My question is about the translite frame... the previous owner pointed out that the top of the translite frame frequently comes off when you remove it from the game. I noticed that the sides are also very loose. It appears that tape was used to hold the whole thing together in the past. My question is whether this game has just a single sheet of plexiglass that the translite goes behind, or did it originally have a sheet in front of and behind it? It seems like the 4 sides of the frame fit WAY too loose for it to just be a single sheet.

Mine is a single piece of plexi also the one i had before was single as well. Maybe your trim is old and needs to be replaced or was replaced with the wrong style.

#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Mine is a single piece of plexi also the one i had before was single as well. Maybe your trim is old and needs to be replaced or was replaced with the wrong style.

Yeah I would think that could be the case but I just ordered a replacement set from pinball life with the same part numbers as is in the manual... it fits very loose. The manual DOES specifically mention that the glass was originally tempered glass, so maybe the glass was a little thicker than the plexy? I ordered a sheet of the glass from a local glass place for $30 so we will give that a shot. The plexi on this game was a little scratched up anyway...

#1288 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Yeah I would think that could be the case but I just ordered a replacement set from pinball life with the same part numbers as is in the manual... it fits very loose. The manual DOES specifically mention that the backglass was originally tempered glass, so maybe the glass was a little thicker than the plexy? I ordered a sheet of the glass from a local glass place for $30 so we will give that a shot. The plexi on this game was a little scratched up anyway...

2 weeks later
#1289 1 year ago

Hi! I have last one repro sets left in stock for Flintstones. Free express courier shipping will provided for this order. Let me know who interested.

s-l1600-1 (resized).pngs-l1600-1 (resized).png

#1290 1 year ago

(deleted)

#1291 1 year ago

I picked up a Flintstones a few weeks ago that is 100% working. I was just getting ready to start replacing the incadescent bulbs with LEDs (warm white only, no clown puke!) when I noticed that there was a lot of flicker going on with the backbox GI bulbs. It also seems to be happening with all the playfield GI as well. This was only happening after the game had been turned on for a few minutes.

Running through the settings, I noticed that there is a power saver mode that can be disabled. When I disabled that, the game no longer flickers. However, when I first got it, the bulbs did not flicker even with this setting enabled. Is this a connector/header/pin issue, or something flaky with the power? Is there any harm in running the game all the time with power saver disabled?

I'm glad this started happening before I replaced bulbs with LEDs, because I would have had to rip all the LEDs out thinking that they were at fault with the flickering!

1 week later
#1292 1 year ago

hi all can anyone help me i am puting back together my flintstones and where u pull out the Pf from and sit it down on the front cab my are not line up at all is this right ?if anyone has pics of this would be great

thanks all

#1293 1 year ago

hi all can anyone help me i am puting back together my flintstones and where u pull out the Pf from and sit it down on the front cab my are not line up at all is this right ?if anyone has pics of this would be great
thanks all

Anyone has any pics of this

#1294 1 year ago

Anyone has any pics of this

My Flintstones is now located hours away so I can't take any pics, but I'd suggest you be more specific as to what exactly you are looking for pics of. Providing a photo of the area in question on your game would be helpful.

Otherwise - if you haven't already done so, you might want to check out the photos in the image gallery for this thread. Photos in the Flintstones game gallery as well as in archived sales listings may be good resources too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/flintstones/gallery

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&ad_machine_key=187

Good luck!

#1295 1 year ago

My Flintstones is now located hours away so I can't take any pics, but I'd suggest you be more specific as to what exactly you are looking for pics of. Providing a photo of the area in question on your game would be helpful.
Otherwise - if you haven't already done so, you might want to check out the photos in the image gallery for this thread. Photos in the Flintstones game gallery as well as in archived sales listings may be good resources too.
Good luck!

Will do that does show what I don't have in the right place

Thanks so much for the help

#1296 1 year ago

Good luck!

I am looking for pics under the Playfield where the Flippers are in that area looking too see my PF rest brackets are right where they bolt on too under the PF ,my are not right could anyone take a pic under there for me would be a great help thanks all

#1297 1 year ago

Hope these help

i-93j7rSj-X2 (resized).jpgi-93j7rSj-X2 (resized).jpgi-KLgs7mm-X2 (resized).jpgi-KLgs7mm-X2 (resized).jpg
#1298 1 year ago
Quoted from Tim_Hanian:

Hope these help

yes thank u so much ,that's how my are too so I guess they don't line up like most machines do ? I was wondering when I rest the PF down they don't line up too rest on the lock bar receiver? Is this right

#1299 1 year ago

Yeah, they don't line up, so you just have to pull the playfield out a little bit farther to rest evenly on the supports.

#1300 1 year ago
Quoted from Tim_Hanian:

Yeah, they don't line up, so you just have to pull the playfield out a little bit farther to rest evenly on the supports.

Ok I wasn't sure before I took it apart lol and I want too thank u so much for the help .

Happy flipping bud

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 1,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-flintstones-owners-club-if-not-lets-start-it-here/page/26?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.