bowling pins (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.27.04 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.27.20 AM (resized).png
310491639_487559906602492_3806860588273051893_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4183 (resized).jpg
Photo-4 (resized).png
31-1977-24 (resized).JPG
IMG_4128 (resized).JPG
There are 1,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 29.
#551 9 years ago

Like on Congo I didn't like the look of the Flintstones Laneguides. A selfmade Decal look much better. What do you think? I attach the jpg for download.

P1030068.JPGP1030068.JPG
P1030069.JPGP1030069.JPG
P1030071.JPGP1030071.JPG

P1030073.JPGP1030073.JPG

Flintstones Lanedeco.jpgFlintstones Lanedeco.jpg
#552 9 years ago

At least I illuminate the Dino and the Houses and change the Translite. The Joe's Diner Plastic was removed to get a better look at the Dino and the Bumper area:

P1030157.JPGP1030157.JPG 20140923_115939.jpg20140923_115939.jpg 20140923_115906-952.jpg20140923_115906-952.jpg 20140923_120052.jpg20140923_120052.jpg
#553 9 years ago

Very nice mods

#554 9 years ago

Bravo!

May I ask where you sourced the bowling pin retainer and The Machine parts you used?

Thanks

#555 9 years ago
Quoted from phlegmer:

Bravo!
May I ask where you sourced the bowling pin retainer and The Machine parts you used?
Thanks

He custom made them

#556 9 years ago

I've enjoyed this thread. I'm not much of a mod person, but I am all for people doing whatever it is they can do to enjoy their pins, so I won't hate.

I've always liked Flintstones, and when I had the opportunity to grab one at a fair price a few years ago, I did.

So, mine has been in my restoration queue, but I recently decided to give operating a try with mine at a friends location, rather than continue to store it. I'm in the process of fixing up one of the dirtiest Flintstones I've ever seen.

I bought the alternate adult translite, but that won't fly in this location, and I bought the overlay decal, but I am worried about how it will wear, so I'm going to leave it with a stock playfield and translite, at least while it's on location.

Flintstones originally shipped with gold legs. I don't have a good set of used gold legs, and the only brass ones on the market today are close to $200, so I'm either going to go with black or chrome. Any thoughts on which might look better?

I'm not big on mods, but I am considering doing LEDs on this game, purely so it will catch peoples eyes better. I know I could powdercoat this or that, and do a bunch of mods, but for the most part, those are out of scope at this time.

I'm going to rebuild everything in the game and clean the living daylights out of it.

I see someone has made a mod to keep the ball from falling off the apron. Sounds like a good idea.

Anything else I should consider?

#557 9 years ago

John, easy pin to shop. Really straight forward. ramps come off easily. Also rock crusher is simple to remove.

I have black legs on mine. I like the way they flow with the black cab.

#558 9 years ago
Quoted from MCV:

Like on Congo I didn't like the look of the Flintstones Laneguides. A selfmade Decal look much better. What do you think? I attach the jpg for download.

P1030068.JPG 361 KB

P1030069.JPG 321 KB

P1030071.JPG 142 KB

P1030072.JPG 391 KB

P1030073.JPG 409 KB

Flintstones Lanedeco.jpg 159 KB

Awesome! Looks much better!

#559 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Flintstones originally shipped with gold legs. I don't have a good set of used gold legs, and the only brass ones on the market today are close to $200, so I'm either going to go with black or chrome. Any thoughts on which might look better?

A friend of mine uses black legs. It looks fairly good.

Quoted from johnwartjr:

I see someone has made a mod to keep the ball from falling off the apron. Sounds like a good idea.

Flintstones is very sensitive about the playfield pitch. After increasing the angle a little bit on my machine approximately one of 100 balls drops of the apron.

Quoted from johnwartjr:

Anything else I should consider?

Take care of the apron. The clear parts in the diverter areas tend to break easily. In Germany the apron is the most expensive part for Flintstones.

Quoted from bigd1979:

He custom made them

That's right. The bowling parts are laser cut.

#560 9 years ago
Quoted from MCV:

The turning part of the machine was not working well. I add a simple metal part to strenght this area:

P1030056.JPG 142 KB

P1030057.JPG 142 KB

P1030058.JPG 153 KB

P1030059.JPG 198 KB

I don't beleive there's supposed to be any rubbers on The Machine's center posts. Take a look at the original game brochure ... no rubbers there.

#561 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I don't beleive there's supposed to be any rubbers on The Machine's center posts. Take a look at the original game brochure ... no rubbers there.

Interesting everyone ive ever seen has rubber but u r right. I guess thats y it stays up there very long sometimes.

#562 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I'm in the process of fixing up one of the dirtiest Flintstones I've ever seen.

Yeah! Keep us updated with those dirty pics!

#563 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

I've taken a closer look to the manual. You are absolutely right. I bought it with rubber and i have never seen a FS without rubber rings in that area. What about the noise when the balls are hitting the two post directly when the machine is running?

Quoted from bigd1979:

I guess thats y it stays up there very long sometimes.

The balls last some seconds up there but it never seems too long for me.

1 week later
#564 9 years ago

So, while I've been chained to my computer this weekend, I've been looking at parts for Flintstones.

If you're using LEDs, did you do a LED kit, or ala carte?

If a kit, whose kit? Did you end up happy with the kit, or did you do a fair amount of customizing after the kit?

Did you do LED flashers, or regular flashers?

I'm looking for a low maintenance solution that won't require as frequent bulb maintenance on route, and I also wouldn't mind catching peoples eyes.

#565 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

o, while I've been chained to my computer this weekend, I've been looking at parts for Flintstones.

If you're using LEDs, did you do a LED kit, or ala carte?

If a kit, whose kit? Did you end up happy with the kit, or did you do a fair amount of customizing after the kit?

Did you do LED flashers, or regular flashers?

I'm looking for a low maintenance solution that won't require as frequent bulb maintenance on route, and I also wouldn't mind catching peoples eyes.</blockquote
I colour matched all the inserts and used LED's from Pinball Life. I also did all flashers with LED's. I left all the GI with incandescent but used a few yellows.

#566 9 years ago

So, going through parts, I came up with a question

On the rock crusher assy, does anyone have any really good pics?

The original rock crusher in the game had a metal plate that attached to the output shaft of the gearbox, with a rubber disc on top of it.

I bought some parts from IPB, and got a plastic piece that looks like it would replace the metal piece with the rubber disc on top.

Has anyone else seen/done this? Is this a change made between early and late machines? or ?

IMG_5610.JPGIMG_5610.JPG IMG_5612.JPGIMG_5612.JPG
#567 9 years ago

I'm in the club ! My son and I did a 9 hour round trip this morning to Pittsburgh to pick it up and delivered Xenon to her new (old) owner along the way.

IMG_2610.JPGIMG_2610.JPG IMG_2611.JPGIMG_2611.JPG
#568 9 years ago

I went with a friend of mine to pick his Flinstones up this morning.

1 month later
#569 9 years ago

A few questions:

1. what alt translies are available in 2015?
2. where can the alt PF sticker be found?
3. what about the purple flipper frame sticker?
4. what other mods are cool? -- looking for a comprehensive list of options

-mof

#570 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

A few questions:
1. what alt translies are available in 2015?
2. where can the alt PF sticker be found?
3. what about the purple flipper frame sticker?
4. what other mods are cool? -- looking for a comprehensive list of options
-mof

4. I have a Micro Display Mod for Flintstones: http://sparkypinball.com/the-flintstone-mdm

Flint1.jpegFlint1.jpeg

1 week later
#571 9 years ago

Been searching the forums with no luck for a small problem I'm having and wondered if anyone else came across it? When you engage the Bronto Crane, then shoot the left orbit, the ball carries on through to the DIG lanes. I believe the same thing is happening for the left Time option on Shoot for the Machine but not the best at starting that mode. The diverter does not engage but it appears the switch is working in the orbit lane. When I test both the switch and the diverter in test mode, they work fine.

I'm going to try changing out the switch with a new one after work but it doesn't appear to be the problem.

#572 9 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

Been searching the forums with no luck for a small problem I'm having and wondered if anyone else came across it? When you engage the Bronto Crane, then shoot the left orbit, the ball carries on through to the DIG lanes. I believe the same thing is happening for the left Time option on Shoot for the Machine but not the best at starting that mode. The diverter does not engage but it appears the switch is working in the orbit lane. When I test both the switch and the diverter in test mode, they work fine.
I'm going to try changing out the switch with a new one after work but it doesn't appear to be the problem.

Just digging a little further, changed out with a new switch and tested again. It's registering points as you activate the switch when Bronto Crane mode or Time is activated but still won't activate the diverter. I guess I'll test Q78 and see what I get.

#573 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Anyone know who carries this part? Marco is out of stock.

image-527.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I recently ordered both the retainer and frame here ... great folks

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=bowling

#574 9 years ago
Quoted from phlegmer:

Bravo!
Thanks

See my post above for info

Link below to ordering

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=bowling

2 weeks later
#575 8 years ago

Finally light modded my buildings! Thought I would share all I learned FWIW.

First buy at least 6 of these
Fs1.pngFs1.png

Here is an image of the bulb socket. You'll need to straighten that mount, then bend it opposite of the way it is now so that it will now mount from the outside (see pics, you will understand. ...buy 8 of them and practice on 2)
Fs2.jpgFs2.jpg

Here is an image that shows the basic process. Use a 5/8th spade bit to drill the holes
I did not drill the holes into the mounting areas but rather to the sides
Thread your wire first, and I used 22 gauge wire on one side and 18 on other. The 22 was waaay easier and sufficient for LED load.
Notice, on the house on the right I drilled small holes to funnel the wire just under the metal mounting tabs.
Not sure if important but I wanted to keep those wires out of the way of he LED bulb (no shadows)

Fs3.jpgFs3.jpg

Close up of mounted bulb and holder. I used frosted yellow LED bulbs

Fs4.jpgFs4.jpg

Here is the left house, ran these wires down open hole where ramp switch slides into house

Fs5.jpgFs5.jpg

Here is the right house finished and mounted. Note these are replacement houses I bought from Marco a few years ago and the mounting holes did not line up. No worries. If 2 line up, you are good

Fs6.jpgFs6.jpg

Right building again, close up of wire exit at end of building

Fs7.jpgFs7.jpg

Close up of where I ran wire for right building

Fs7a.jpgFs7a.jpg

Bottom of playfield where I ran wire for right building. Hole was already there

Fs7b.jpgFs7b.jpg

Image of where I ran cable for left building. Note to you GI modders. It was easy to add an additional GI LED at the same hole. This is the hole that the switch wire under the left building runs through. I added the purple LED you see in the pic as long as I had the ramp off. And, of course, this is where I ran my power to the left building too.

Fs7c.jpgFs7c.jpg

Left building done

Fs8.jpgFs8.jpg

Right side done

Fs9.jpgFs9.jpg

Entire playfield

Fs10.jpgFs10.jpg

#576 8 years ago

Looks great! Thanks for the detailed photos.

3 weeks later
#577 8 years ago

Yes, thanks for posting that

1 week later
#578 8 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

It's fixed!!!!
Turns out it was the 3-bank drop target optos. There were cracks developing in the solder traces and opto switches from years of play.
I ordered a new one from Tony at Great Lakes and installed it last night.
No more phantom switch firings!
And i was VERY surprised at the quality of the new opto board.
It's 100% stronger/more efficient than the original.
Now that the game is playing perfectly and I've added LEDs and mods where i wanted I will add some shopping/restoration photos to this post along with a list of all the new things I added/replaced.
Only things I haven't added just yet are the spotlights. I have them but still pondering if/where I should put them.

I know,an old post but it helped me. I was having a similar issue and reflowed every solder point on that board, fixed the issue. Thanks!

2 months later
#579 8 years ago

Hey everyone, I just received my Flintstones 2 days ago, I traded my Judge Dred for it. I am very pleased with the game. It came with the leds already in the playfield. I plan on getting the bronto mod and I have already ordered the 5 McDonalds cars off of eBay that I want to make into a topper.
I have enjoyed all the articles and pictures on this post, I am sure they will all be helpful in the future.
Thanks.

#580 8 years ago

Congrats! Post pics!

Flints is a cool pin. Very lighthearted. Love the sweeping of the drops.

2 weeks later
#581 8 years ago

Hey everyone, I just finished building the topper and wiring up the houses. Now I have to install it on top and finish the wiring.100_2935.jpg100_2935.jpg100_2938.jpg100_2938.jpg

#582 8 years ago
Quoted from tubbee:

Hey everyone, I just finished building the topper and wiring up the houses. Now I have to install it on top and finish the wiring.100_2935.jpg 100_2938.jpg

Nice job! Post some pics once mounted

#583 8 years ago

Does anyone sell the playfield overlay for Flintstones with the classic cartoon characters?
BGresto has the R translights (bonded to glass), with the artwork cleaned up considerably (compared to the original alt translight.) They also fixed barney's arm....

#584 8 years ago

I have had my Flinstones for about 6 years now, its a keeper. I cant get rid of the dot though. When you check it, it says it has a problem with the left upper flipper, WELL...it does not have a left upper flipper? and one day I need to get my pins fixed. it looks like a real pain to repair. I have the new pins, just need to get er done! and one day soon I want to light up my houses too! As for as the translate goes I have the replacement and the characters on the playfield too. Hey TURBO...wanna come over and fix my pins!!! lol

#585 8 years ago
Quoted from pindan3:

I have had my Flinstones for about 6 years now, its a keeper. I cant get rid of the dot though. When you check it, it says it has a problem with the left upper flipper, WELL...it does not have a left upper flipper? and one day I need to get my pins fixed. it looks like a real pain to repair. I have the new pins, just need to get er done! and one day soon I want to light up my houses too! As for as the translate goes I have the replacement and the characters on the playfield too. Hey TURBO...wanna come over and fix my pins!!! lol

I had that issue with my wcs94. Trying to recall how I fixed it. It's a common issue with bally/Williams pins.
Google it. It's not a hard fix. I think it had to do with the flipper board inside the cab. It was easy though.

#586 8 years ago
Quoted from pindan3:

I agree with Blackbeard. Most likely a flipper opto board problem (mounted inside the cabinet on the flipper button). Even though your game only has 3 flippers, each opto board still can control 2 flippers. The opto that controls the upper left flipper is either dirty or failed. I would start by cleaning it and reseating the connector. Followed by reflowing the opto or replacing it. Or ignoring the annoying dings.

3 weeks later
#587 8 years ago

Hey guys new to pinball world and we just bought a Flintstones machine ($2,300.00 hope we got a good deal). It has two issues that i'm aware of.

1. Bank of 3 drop targets is sticking wont always reset.(an issue i'm confident i can fix this weekend).

2. None of the flashers are working.. I've done the flasher test and all light test and i get nothing on Sequence 1 or Flashers. Is there a fuse specific to those that i could look for first. I've read the manual, but unfortunately i can fix things with moving parts not so much on tracing electrical.

any tips hints or idea would be amazing.
20150910_062206.jpg20150910_062206.jpg20150910_062244.jpg20150910_062244.jpg

#588 8 years ago

Welcome to the club. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal.

There are a lot of great tips for troubleshooting all flashers out here in this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flashers-dont-work-on-road-show Your answer most likely is in there.

Other great resources are Clay's pinballninja website. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-ninja-web-site-sale and the Pinball repair wiki. http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/

Good luck.

#590 8 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

There are a lot of great tips for troubleshooting all flashers out here in this thread. h Your answer most likely is in there.
Other great resources are Clay's pinballninja website. repair wiki.
Good luck.

Thanks.. Read through the whole thread i have some ideas and starting points... i didn't realize that there were fuse posts? i was only looking at the glass fuses i'm use to seeing..

Could be a long weekend of poking around.

#591 8 years ago

can someone take a picture of the aux board in the upper right corner behind the top glass... i think i'm missing it from my system..

Quoted from DeeGor:

There are a lot of great tips for troubleshooting all flashers out here in this thread.

"RS has a little "aux" board that controls the flashers. It a little board in the upper right area of the backbox. Check the connections, maybe it's something as simple as reseating some connectors."

I have nothing up in that corner plus some wire management straps with nothing in them...

I also found a connector in the middle of the bottom side of the play field not attached to anything..

And then this y-addapter was in a ziplock back in the bottom of the cab with some light bulbs..

any ideas?

20150911_202939.jpg20150911_202939.jpg
20150911_203418.jpg20150911_203418.jpg
20150911_203438.jpg20150911_203438.jpg

#592 8 years ago
Quoted from persichini:

can someone take a picture of the aux board in the upper right corner behind the top glass... i think i'm missing it from my system..

"RS has a little "aux" board that controls the flashers. It a little board in the upper right area of the backbox. Check the connections, maybe it's something as simple as reseating some connectors."
I have nothing up in that corner plus some wire management straps with nothing in them...
I also found a connector in the middle of the bottom side of the play field not attached to anything..
And then this y-addapter was in a ziplock back in the bottom of the cab with some light bulbs..
any ideas?
20150911_202939.jpg
20150911_203418.jpg
20150911_203438.jpg

Sorry took so long. I shot a pic tonight of my Flintstones and did not see any board in that area

20150915_231916.jpg20150915_231916.jpg

1 week later
#593 8 years ago

Hi Everyone. I purchased a beat up flintstones about 2 months ago that looked like it sat inside an industrial complex while dry wall installation was happening I ended up getting a great deal on it though. After spending a month completely tearing the machine down, putting in new LEDs, alt translight and playfield sticker, new bowling pins, and new 4 unit drop target mechanism, the machine is finally playable and looks pretty good to.

However, I have an issue with my 4 bank drop target assembly. For whatever reason, the drop target for "R" keeps slipping out of the plate that resets the banks. I have tried everything to correct this: put in new drop target, put in new spring, even replaced the plate with a brand new one. The problem is that the coil plunger can rotate inside the sleeve, and it rotates so that the tooth that the drop target catches on moves out of the way, which then causes the target to drop down below it, and it never comes back up again, until I open the machine up and reseat it back on the tongue. I have tried millions of adjustments to how the plate is tightened up against the plunger, but still no luck.

Has anyone ever encountered this, and what did you do to fix it?

#594 8 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Hi Everyone. I purchased a beat up Flintstones about 2 months ago that looked like it sat inside an industrial complex while dry wall installation was happening I ended up getting a great deal on it though. After spending a month completely tearing the machine down, putting in new LEDs, alt translight and playfield sticker, new bowling pins, and new 4 unit drop target mechanism, the machine is finally playable and looks pretty good to.
However, I have an issue with my 4 bank drop target assembly. For whatever reason, the drop target for "R" keeps slipping out of the plate that resets the banks. I have tried everything to correct this: put in new drop target, put in new spring, even replaced the plate with a brand new one. The problem is that the coil plunger can rotate inside the sleeve, and it rotates so that the tooth that the drop target catches on moves out of the way, which then causes the target to drop down below it, and it never comes back up again, until I open the machine up and reseat it back on the tongue. I have tried millions of adjustments to how the plate is tightened up against the plunger, but still no luck.
Has anyone ever encountered this, and what did you do to fix it?

i found that on mine the reset plat that pushes the target back up was set too high on the reset screws.. i backed the screws out a little problem solved..

#595 8 years ago

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a very nice Flinstones, if you know anybody that wants to sell, shoot me a pm.
Thanks!

#596 8 years ago

Blackbeard has a nice one. It's in the marketplace.

1 week later
#597 8 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Blackbeard has a nice one. It's in the marketplace.

What is up with the price though? The last price check thread says that it is a 2-2100 dollar game, but the last few have been 2900+? What gives?

#598 8 years ago

I've seen a few beaters for 2k but it's a 2500+ pin for anything nice.

It's a somewhat rare pin with a cool ramp system called smart ramp. It's actually really fun. I wish there was a rom revision to make the ramp shots random instead of fixed.

Regardless of the fun gameplay, it's a gorgeous looking pin with leds.

Mine is super clean and recently shopped with a lot of new parts like rubs and starposts etc. flippers. New bowling pins too. More than I can remember.
My pf is gorgeous too. Zero wear anywhere.
Just need the room in the game room and I'm a known system 11 junkie.

If youre interested dung I can send you close ups etc. ?

#599 8 years ago

I haven't seen a nice looking Flintstones like Blackbeard's in a long time. I recently purchased mine for 2600 and it needed a bit of work. Prices may be different where you are, but they really suck up here in the northwest.

#600 8 years ago

Thought I'd post an update on some work I've just finished on my FS. I added the beautiful Pinballbulbs.com LED strip kits. One for the Apron and one for the rear just under the back box. I've already lit the buildings, and added full led set, spotlights, cartoon decal, bronto light strip, and a few more mods but this is just awesome. For those doing it, be aware that when you add the Apron strip, you will need to tuck it just barely (about 25‰ of the led) up under the metal support bracket that is under the translucent portion of the Apron (this is unique to FS) Great mod!

Quick add to this post. When measuring the Apron strip for placement it can be a little tricky to get the total led strip distributed evenly from left to right. This is due to the center area (ball drain) where the metal guide is curved back toward the player. Check for yourself but I found it to be even if I started the strip on the left side even with the screw that attaches the front of the plastic Apron to the stainless left ball guide. When you get to the right side (after sticking the strip on and following the curves and turns) you should end up roughly ending at the same screw but on the right ball guide.

20151003_224736.jpg20151003_224736.jpg

Studio_20151004_214406.jpgStudio_20151004_214406.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 37.50
$ 9.95
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 6.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 1,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-flintstones-owners-club-if-not-lets-start-it-here/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.