bowling pins (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.27.04 AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2023-06-16 at 6.27.20 AM (resized).png
310491639_487559906602492_3806860588273051893_n (resized).jpg
IMG_4183 (resized).jpg
Photo-4 (resized).png
31-1977-24 (resized).JPG
IMG_4128 (resized).JPG

There are 1,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 29.
#1 10 years ago

With all the newfound interest in Flintstones, we might as well have a thread to post pics and ideas in. I know there are some already out there, because I've been looking for ideas for my mom, but let's just condense them into one spot from now on.

Her pin is set to be delivered on Monday. She's already got a little Flintstones car thanks to Turbo, and I'm thinking about getting her the decal overlay for mother's day if I can find one. I'll post pics of hers once it gets here.

Any other ideas, mods, pics to share?

#2 10 years ago

I'm mounting two additional buildings on the back right of the play field where that crappy movie plastic is. Also, a 3 inch Dino sits above the left drop target bank. Also made old-school cartoon drop target stickers. Photos once I'm done. Thanks for doing this, the pin rocks~SpOoKy

#3 10 years ago

I'm getting mine in 2 days time can I join now?

Although I don't physically have it I legally own it as I have paid for it

#4 10 years ago

I started and I dont have one yet either, and then it will be at my mom's house. Welcome Alchy!

Spooky, cant wait to see pics!

#5 10 years ago

Great idea starting this thread.
Got mine last week.
Such a great looking game.
It's in pieces right now as I'm shopping top/bottom.
Gonna make it shine and play like new!

#6 10 years ago

I kinda feel like a new " brotherhood" has started here. Grew up watching the cartoon and love this pin. Have fun and share notes on what your all doing!~ SpOoKy

#7 10 years ago

Just got my hands awhile ago, its all torn down now, lots of cleaning to do! Cant wait to get it back together. Would love to see some mods others have done.

#8 10 years ago

You are all Flintstone newbies

I got mine 6 years ago....just added the green led strip for the bronto head....looks really good. No other mods on it yet

#9 10 years ago

There is a local collector here that added lots of GI to brighten it up. It looks amazing. Hopefully he will chime in. I love this game, someday I will find one at a reasonable price.

#10 10 years ago

Bronto head led strip? Is there a thread on that? Had mine for a year or so but it is at a buddies house.

#11 10 years ago

Somebody needs to post the two alternative translites

#12 10 years ago

The "dino" led strip is from Europe. Guy did a fantastic job with it. Don't have his info handy but will post his website here tomorrow for the others. I've got the "G" rating alt translite and will post that soon as well. But... the " Dino" LEDs rock! Much respect for that twist!~SoOoKy

#13 10 years ago

I found the artwork, hired and directed a graphic artist to make this translite for me. There has been some confusion in the pinball world afterward as he decided to market them on his own. I do not sell them so please do not ask.

That said, see if you can find Betty and Wilma.

Kim

flinstones_SMALL_for_Web_Page.jpgflinstones_SMALL_for_Web_Page.jpg

#14 10 years ago

Turbos in the house ... i'm a flintstones nut i love this game i have added the dino led strip looks awesome. i put leds in the buildings, leds in the inserts,also put a small strip in the left corner on top of the machine its dark over there , put on some orange flippers Flintstone_Car.jpgFlintstone_Car.jpg Flintstone_Topper_1.pngFlintstone_Topper_1.png

#15 10 years ago

I found the artwork, hired and directed a graphic artist to make this translite for me. There has been some confusion in the pinball world afterward as he decided to market them on his own. I do not sell them so please do not ask.
That said, see if you can find Betty and Wilma.
Kim

heres one in the dark

Flintstone.jpg1.jpgFlintstone.jpg1.jpg

#16 10 years ago

The alt translite is funny, but the quality of the one I've seen in person is sub par. Plus, the lamps are lined up with artwork that is totally different. I don't dig the alt translite at all.

#17 10 years ago

the dino mod from ebay if you order one from him get him to make the small strip for the dark left corner its a nice mod very easy to add on

Dino_Mod.jpgDino_Mod.jpg

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

The "dino" led strip is from Europe. Guy did a fantastic job with it. Don't have his info handy but will post his website here tomorrow for the others. I've got the "G" rating alt translite and will post that soon as well. But... the " Dino" LEDs rock! Much respect for that twist!~SoOoKy

very cool guy

ebay.com link: Flintstones Pinball Dinosaur light mod

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut:

Bronto head led strip? Is there a thread on that? Had mine for a year or so but it is at a buddies house.

Judge-dredds-pinball is his eBay name. He has a ton of mods for different games. The strip took no effort to install and does a good job lighting the back area

#20 10 years ago

Just ordered a dino mod and 2 TAF mods for mom's machines for Mother's Day. Woo hoo!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Just ordered a dino mod and 2 TAF mods for mom's machines for Mother's Day. Woo hoo!

Email him and get the small mod strip added to the dino mod for the left corner on top of the machine you will happy that you did

#22 10 years ago

I just sent him a message through eBay so hopefully he'll see it and respond. Thanks Turbo!

#23 10 years ago

A couple of added toys.

DSCN4163.JPGDSCN4163.JPG

#24 10 years ago

Hi everyone, I don't officially have mine yet it will be here Tuesday. I've played Turbos Flintstone and had to get my own. Took some searching and a little more cash than I wanted to spend but it will be worth it.

#25 10 years ago

Nice Bob! Have fun~SpOoKy

#26 10 years ago

Greetings all! I used to think Whitewater was the most underrated game in Pinball. However now that I have owned The Flintstones for the past 4 months I might be changing that thought! Just a blast to play!!I too updated with Judgedredds Dino light Mod(FYI...buy from that seller in the UK with complete confidence), alternate trans and full Cointaker LEDs which brightened up what can be a very dark play field.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

Turbos in the house ... i'm a Flintstones nut i love this game i have added the dino led strip looks awesome. i put leds in the buildings, leds in the inserts,also put a small strip in the left corner on top of the machine its dark over there , put on some orange flippers

Nice bro!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

Nice Bob! Have fun~Spooky

Hey there Spooky how are you?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Greetings all! I used to think Whitewater was the most underrated game in Pinball. However now that I have owned The Flintstones for the past 4 months I might be changing that thought! Just a blast to play!!I too updated with Judgedredds Dino light Mod(FYI...buy from that seller in the UK with complete confidence), alternate trans and full Cointaker LEDs which brightened up what can be a very dark play field.

Where do you find the alternate translate? Everyplace I go it says "Not For Sale"

#30 10 years ago

I have had my FS for about 5 months and it is a hit at my house. A very fun fast pin. I added a spot light with a led super bright white bulb at the Fred's Choice "A" plastic pointing toward the Bowl-a-Rama sign that brightens up the upper left of the game. It is a must because this area is so dark. I put LED Supers in all inserts and GI'S to also help brighten the whole game. The back box is filled with cool white frosted LED's.The cartoon translite(clean version) is a must as well as the cartoon decal on the playfield in front of the flippers. They can both be bought on e-bay. If there is not one for sale now go to sold items and send the guy a message if you want to buy them. $89-translite and $18 playfield decal. Also painted the legs gold to match the gold on the cabinet. I used Rust-oleum Hammered gold color and it looks great and matches what the original legs looked like. This machine is truly underrated but won't be for long.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

I have had my FS for about 5 months and it is a hit at my house. A very fun fast pin. I added a spot light with a led super bright white bulb at the Fred's Choice "A" plastic pointing toward the Bowl-a-Rama sign that brightens up the upper left of the game. It is a must because this area is so dark. I put LED Supers in all inserts and GI'S to also help brighten the whole game. The back box is filled with cool white frosted LED's.The cartoon translite(clean version) is a must as well as the cartoon decal on the playfield in front of the flippers. They can both be bought on e-bay. If there is not one for sale now go to sold items and send the guy a message if you want to buy them. $89-translite and $18 playfield decal. Also painted the legs gold to match the gold on the cabinet. I used Rust-oleum Hammered gold color and it looks great and matches what the original legs looked like. This machine is truly underrated but won't be for long.

I cant seem to be able to find the flintstones FP decal what does it look like

#32 10 years ago

[email protected] has the playfield sticker

#33 10 years ago

Joe's Diner Sign/ Bowling Alley Spot Light:

DSC02660_zps4d219b48.jpgDSC02660_zps4d219b48.jpg DSC02661_zps5fec28bd.jpgDSC02661_zps5fec28bd.jpg DSC02666_zps6c9cb306.jpgDSC02666_zps6c9cb306.jpg

#34 10 years ago

That looks really good

#35 10 years ago

Green Spotlight on Brontosaurus:

DSC02681_zps307bbbfd.jpgDSC02681_zps307bbbfd.jpg DSC02680_zps3a01cfd1.jpgDSC02680_zps3a01cfd1.jpg DSC02692_zps0db0970a.jpgDSC02692_zps0db0970a.jpg

#36 10 years ago

Lit buildings and EL ramp:

DSC02686_zps1284bca9.jpgDSC02686_zps1284bca9.jpg DSC02684_zps8c74303c.jpgDSC02684_zps8c74303c.jpg

#37 10 years ago

Entire machine:

FS_555-LED.jpgFS_555-LED.jpg

#38 10 years ago

Mom's is supposed to be delivered today, so once I can see one in person and poke around on it, I'm sure I'll have questions on how to put some of the cool features in. I like the spotlight on the diner and bowling alley. It really lights up that area.

#39 10 years ago

How difficult is it to wire in those spotlights?
I've never messed with mods/wiring in a game before.
Wondering if there is a tutorial out there......

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

How difficult is it to wire in those spotlights?
I've never messed with mods/wiring in a game before.
Wondering if there is a tutorial out there......

It's not very hard I usually pull power from an existing GI lamp socket, you can solder it in or use small insulated alligator clips to make it easily removable if you don't like it.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

It's not very hard I usually pull power from an existing GI lamp socket, you can solder it in or use small insulated alligator clips to make it easily removable if you don't like it.

Nice.
I can totally do that with confidence!

#42 10 years ago

This pin isn't mine but it is gorgeous. Note the chrome lockdown , side rails , etc.
Cointaker lighted bumper posts everywhere and LED inserts really brought this pin to life. He also has the "R" rated back glass that has the little Martian character illuminated from behind in green. I never had any interest in this pin until I saw and played his. Now I'm kicking myself for not grabbing one when they were short money. Of course I'm saying that about all the games I like now that I missed the boat on.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Nice.
I can totally do that with confidence!

unplug the game before you solder anything but easy to do and looks great

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Joe's Diner Sign/ Bowling Alley Spot Light:

Is that a repro Joe's sign? It looks different than mine and others I have seen

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Is that a repro Joe's sign? It looks different than mine and others I have seen

Yessir. My original was missing when I got the machine. Seller included the repro. I assume its from Mad Amusements.

#46 10 years ago

My phone is blowing up with texts of delivery pics.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from Turboderf:

unplug the game before you solder anything but easy to do and looks great

Sounds like a plan.
Kicking myself for not ordering a couple spotlights 2 weeks ago when I placed orders with all the different vendors.
Dropping way too much money into this Flintstones and having a blast.

Finishing up rebuilding ALL the mechanics underneath tonight. Only things left are the 4-bank and flippers to rebuild....
Then comes the topside re-assembly.

BTW- had great results putting all the metal guides, the two ramps and all the posts in the dishwasher!
Now I'm thinking about shining up the metal guides a bit.

Can anyone recommend a good buffing attachment to put on my power drill?
Normally I do this stuff by hand but my fingers are killing me.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

Monday Funday.
Surprisingly, Flintstones felt like it weighed a ton!
Maybe even heavier than my Whirlwind (and that game is pretty darn heavy!).

#49 10 years ago

Good thing you dont have snow over there lets MEET THE FLINTSTONES have a

yabba dabba doo time

The-Flintstones.jpgThe-Flintstones.jpg

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

You need bigger wheels and tires to go off-road with a pin
Mine will be here tomorrow, I want to go sit on my mailbox and wait. Ii's driving me crazy only 10 miles from me sitting in a truck

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 6.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 1,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 29.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-flintstones-owners-club-if-not-lets-start-it-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.