Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
Is There A Doctor In The House ?

Letter received on Tuesday August 13th 2019.

Tuesday August 13th 2019

Dear Lloyd-

I recently acquired a Doctor Who, and it has a nagging but infrequent and inconsistent problem that’s got me stumped…

Occasionally, when I lock the first ball into the mini playfield, as soon as the next ball is launched, the third ball is ejected into the shooter lane. The previous owner said it happened to him regularly, but I cannot get it to happen consistently, which is causing me fits in trying to diagnose it. All three switches in the trough have been changed for new ones and work 100% of the time in the switch edges test. The connectors at J206 and J208 have been replaced, and the solder on the board re-flowed. The correct number of balls (3) are in the game.

I’m at my wit’s end…

The Doctor’s Doctor

Hello Doctor's Doctor

I'd do the basics. The arm that kicks the ball to the shooter lane, if it's anywhere near close to the last switch, it can hit it going up or down, that could be your problem, bend it over a little.

Or basic switch matrix issue. Switch wired wrong, diode on backwards, a short to switch lugs, leafs, or wiring.

Thank you,

LTG : )

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-doctor-in-the-house- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.