Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by PinRob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 11 years ago

nope, nada, in fact they charge you more, why... because it's marco!

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

nope, nada, in fact they charge you more, why... because it's marco!

Enter "thispartishard2find" for a 10% surcharge! Seriously though, I love the Marco website and tend to shop there more than anywhere else due to the ease of ordering.

#4 11 years ago

Yeah, it's called any other vendor.

#5 11 years ago

The thing I hate about shopping for pinball items is one place always has everything you need except one item. Then you have to pay the crazy $7.99-15 bucks for shipping from other place for the one $2 item you need that the original place didn't have. Maybe it's just me, but every single time.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Director:

Maybe it's just me, but every single time.

Not just you!

#7 11 years ago

The thing I hate about shopping for pinball items is one place always has everything you need except one item. Then you have to pay the crazy $7.99-15 bucks for shipping from other place for the one $2 item you need that the original place didn't have. Maybe it's just me, but every single time.

lol ive found this to on my search for service parts for my incoming shadow. most things ive found on marco but the only place i can find the metal pinion replacement kit for the mini pf flipper is in oz. Im hoping that when i strip her down its had that upgrade, pretty sure it hasnt tho because that bits not working properly

#8 11 years ago

My last Marco order took three weeks to finally get right after processing delays and receiving wrong parts, and I'm only one state away in NC. They are my absolute last resort now and only use them for rare, hard to find parts. Seriously, I order lots of parts from all the big part suppliers and I can always count on getting my BAA, PL, and MAD orders long, long before Marco even gets things out their own door. This has been the trend now for quite some. I suggest you use a different company if you can.

#9 11 years ago

It's not just you

#10 11 years ago

Then you have to pay the crazy $7.99-15 bucks for shipping from other place for the one $2 item you need that the original place didn't have.

So then you go ahead and order another $100 worth of BS from the second place that you don't really need just so you can get your moneys worth on shipping.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

So then you go ahead and order another $100 worth of BS from the second place that you don't really need just so you can get your moneys worth on shipping.

YES! haha

#12 11 years ago

Marco SUCKS. Don't get me wrong if they are the only place to get something I will get it from them. The way they conduct themselves as a company is terrible and have horrible customer relations. I used to have an account discount with them. They made website changes and eliminated all account discounts and when I called to ask them to reinstate they said no, were not going to offer discounts anymore. I have ordered a ton from them as they were the only place I would buy parts from when they were offering a discount as it was just easier to order everything from one place, now they rarely get my orders. My discount was only 5% and they refused to do anything about it. Even with the 5% they were more expensive but at the time they atleast made an effort to help the customers who purchased from them weekly and sometimes daily. They told me to put together a list of my next order and email it to them to see if they can do any further discounting after they took away the whole 5% they used to give me and their response was a simple no. There are so many other distributors out there that have no benefited from their actions. If you can avoid them and support the other companies, please do

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

Marco SUCKS. Don't get me wrong if they are the only place to get something I will get it from them. The way they conduct themselves as a company is terrible and have horrible customer relations. I used to have an account discount with them. They made website changes and eliminated all account discounts and when I called to ask them to reinstate they said no, were not going to offer discounts anymore. I have ordered a ton from them as they were the only place I would buy parts from when they were offering a discount as it was just easier to order everything from one place, now they rarely get my orders. My discount was only 5% and they refused to do anything about it. Even with the 5% they were more expensive but at the time they atleast made an effort to help the customers who purchased from them weekly and sometimes daily. They told me to put together a list of my next order and email it to them to see if they can do any further discounting after they took away the whole 5% they used to give me and their response was a simple no. There are so many other distributors out there that have no benefited from their actions. If you can avoid them and support the other companies, please do

Their shipping has been really slack for me. I only live one state up and sometimes it takes 5-7 days. K's Arcade in NH got my order to me in 2 days

#14 11 years ago

The only downer I've found with marco so far is the quality of their rubber products seems quite inferior to other suppliers.

#15 11 years ago

Marco eliminated their small time dealer discounts when they switched to the flat rate shipping.

Now just the people who order large amounts consistently get a discount.

#16 11 years ago

LOL! I just received a shipment from Marco this afternoon and it had the wrong part in it. They even print the fancy stickers with a picture of the part and they still got it wrong.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tekman:

it had the wrong part in it

Probably that one part that you made the whole order for too!

#18 11 years ago

I award you no discounts, and may God have mercy on your soul.

-Mark

#19 11 years ago

discount code

Pollo...

#20 11 years ago

Since this seems to have come to a bash thread more than the original question I will add that I have ordered from Marco a number of times without a single problem. It is true they do not offer a discount program but their prices are not across the board higher than everyone else. Any store will have some items cheaper and some higher than others.They have a good selection,easy to use site,quick order processing,etc.. The orders have arrived within 2-3 business days.They also offer a low cost shipping option for small orders ($4.99 1st class mail)
    Ed

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from sixpakmopar:

Since this seems to have come to a bash thread more than the original question I will add that I have ordered from Marco a number of times without a single problem. It is true they do not offer a discount program but their prices are not across the board higher than everyone else. Any store will have some items cheaper and some higher than others.They have a good selection,easy to use site,quick order processing,etc.. The orders have arrived within 2-3 business days.They also offer a low cost shipping option for small orders ($4.99 1st class mail)
    Ed

I have to agree, I've never had a problem and the prices weren't that bad.

Sixpakmopar - my wife and I just took a vacation last summer to Holland MI and its a great place!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-discount-code-for-marcos?hl=mcsquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.