(Topic ID: 277158)

Is there a decoder ring to make sense of PBRs website?

By d0n

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 228 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DF743C27-22E5-46F9-9BF5-212F820432A9 (resized).jpeg
    24194563-822F-4EAF-B9B0-3AA15FFB76BF.gif
    14nw2f.jpg
    ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmmC+C (resized).jpg
    bcace875afc9485d74face2501417b06 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200916_150344 (resized).jpg
    84BF5126-1E3C-46E9-B0FF-8AD8A1EE8E1E.gif
    4A646F0E-ACA7-4F5E-98F9-767E1D992884.gif
    337C7225-3AF5-43BC-8CD2-EFA29CB7B8A5.gif
    756AA467-2067-4EC8-B153-3C1D30934D0E (resized).jpeg
    5FB23A6A-85DD-4D19-AA50-03B918249BCC (resized).jpeg
    dial (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tenor.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#142 3 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

It's just money. Call marco and ask them how tough it was for them to sell me $201 worth of parts today.

It's easy. Marco buys the Gottlieb parts from Steve, marks the price up (no pun intended) and sells them to you. When you buy from Marco, you are still putting money in Steve's pocket.

#143 3 years ago

Personally, I've ordered thousands of dollars in parts from Steve over the years. Look at my collection and you can see why. All I do when my order arrives is pull up my bank website and enter the Invoice number and total price and the bank automatically cuts a check to PBR without the 3-5% that credit cards and Paypal cost. In the end, this system works just as easy as an online shopping cart for me. When you include the automatic 10% discount for orders over $100 along with the lack of built in credit card costs, I have probably saved enough over the years to pay for the Sky Jump that I just bought.

#197 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’m with the op. I don’t think someone should be commended for refusing to improve. That’s not a good quality to have.
    But I also know that we’re in the very small minority, for some reason people think that if PBR stays exactly the same that they will last forever.
    Time is an equal opportunity asset. I try to spend my time working for a better future. But hey, some people think this is the best that will ever be and they don’t need to improve or put in more effort.

Funny how people who don't understand another way of thinking like to believe they are somehow more enlightened, rather than just accepting our differences. With a little tolerance and empathy you might realize that you are in the minority because what you would call "improving" would actually just be change for the sake of change and conformance. Never a good thing. Lots of customers love this service via phone and email, the great prices, massive amount of Gottlieb parts available and would not change a thing. PBR is really well thought out, very simple and a perfectly balanced system - the result of a commitment to improvement and excellence.

As I mentioned before, Steve makes hoards of Gottlieb parts available to Marco to sell on his site. People have a choice of two different styles to buy from. Make your choice and can we please close this thread?

2 months later
    #228 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

ust a heads up, my orders used to take 2-3 days. The Mail is is so backed up my recent PBR order is going on 2 weeks.

My email order last week arrive in 2 days to Florida. Was not a huge order compared to some that I make. Email sent at 11pm Monday, got shipping notice Tuesday, parts arrived Thursday.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-decoder-ring-to-make-sense-of-pbrs-website?tu=john_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.