(Topic ID: 277158)

Is there a decoder ring to make sense of PBRs website?

By d0n

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 228 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DF743C27-22E5-46F9-9BF5-212F820432A9 (resized).jpeg
    24194563-822F-4EAF-B9B0-3AA15FFB76BF.gif
    14nw2f.jpg
    ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmmC+C (resized).jpg
    bcace875afc9485d74face2501417b06 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200916_150344 (resized).jpg
    84BF5126-1E3C-46E9-B0FF-8AD8A1EE8E1E.gif
    4A646F0E-ACA7-4F5E-98F9-767E1D992884.gif
    337C7225-3AF5-43BC-8CD2-EFA29CB7B8A5.gif
    756AA467-2067-4EC8-B153-3C1D30934D0E (resized).jpeg
    5FB23A6A-85DD-4D19-AA50-03B918249BCC (resized).jpeg
    dial (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tenor.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 3 years ago

Can’t imagine what I’m going to do for Gottlieb or EM parts without PBR.

If you can’t figure out the website or need to be spoon fed to order, go somewhere else. Those in the know stick with Steve and are immensely thankful for all he has done for the hobby.

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

He is a jerk. He's a "real" jerk. LOL I've dealt with him 2 times on the phone and that was enough to make me know he's a jerk. He thinks he's the only game in town so he can be a jerk to customers. Sorry nope. thats not how it works.

Enough. You’ve made your point.

But it should be abundantly to you clear from this thread that your opinion is in the minority and unlikely to change the buying habits of those of us that understand the value Steve and PBR brings to the hobby.

#119 3 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

if you actually READ the entire thread, you'd see that as many people think PBR is bullcrap than love it.

I’ve read the entire thread. It’s clear from your posts and your attitude that you have an agenda and a thin skin. And the juvenile mommie/owner comments show your true colors. We get it; you don’t like Steve. Don’t do business with him. I’m sure he will appreciate it.

1 week later
    #200 3 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I’m going to assume most of your business is handled through remote transactions, and that you don’t have a lot of foot traffic into a storefront

You absolutely do not want to deal with storing a persons 16 digit credit card number. The security and liability involved is to high for the average small business To deal with. You pay a $25 monthly fee to have a professional company handle transactions. Online payments should not be written down and processed manually in 2020

It’s closer to 1%-3%. You don’t want to raise your prices by 5% to support an online Marketplace, but you will sell wholesale to other retailers who add more then 5% and still stay in business. If you’re leaving enough money on the table that the competition can buy from you, sell at a profit, pay all these exorbitant fees, and still stay in business; then you could sell to your retail customers at a retail price and also cover those fees. If you prefer to sell at wholesale prices to everyone and not get that extra profit that’s ok too (I guess).
    Think about auto parts suppliers they sell to a garage for less then they sell to the general public, not only so the garage can resell it for a profit, but also to pay for the parts suppliers store. Not everyone pays garage cost, that’s no way to run a business, retail markup exists for a reason a lot of people are ok with it, and every sale your competitors make from one of your products is less direct profit for you.

Run it to the ground if you want, but get off your high horse and have a look at the landscape. There’s virtually no other industry or retailer that hasn’t improved their business practices in 50 years. (I can’t think of one) Don’t think for a moment your sales are the strongest now because of something amazing you’ve done, it’s the pinball industry as a whole that’s improving. All those beaters and barn finds are coming out of the woodwork and they need parts. You just happen to be the place they need to go.
    There’s a reason I don’t buy Gottlieb anymore. They’re enough other games that are good, where I don’t need to add extra steps in purchasing.
    If we want pinball to not feel like an old boys club then we need to get rid of these silly initiation rituals and rights of passage for new members of the community
    It may be your business to run into the ground, but pinball will be around a lot longer then you will be, and I just hope there’s something prepared for the next generation.

You realize that cottonm4 isn’t Steve and has nothing to do with PBR, right?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-decoder-ring-to-make-sense-of-pbrs-website?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.