(Topic ID: 277158)

Is there a decoder ring to make sense of PBRs website?

By d0n

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 228 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DF743C27-22E5-46F9-9BF5-212F820432A9 (resized).jpeg
    24194563-822F-4EAF-B9B0-3AA15FFB76BF.gif
    14nw2f.jpg
    ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmmC+C (resized).jpg
    bcace875afc9485d74face2501417b06 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200916_150344 (resized).jpg
    84BF5126-1E3C-46E9-B0FF-8AD8A1EE8E1E.gif
    4A646F0E-ACA7-4F5E-98F9-767E1D992884.gif
    337C7225-3AF5-43BC-8CD2-EFA29CB7B8A5.gif
    756AA467-2067-4EC8-B153-3C1D30934D0E (resized).jpeg
    5FB23A6A-85DD-4D19-AA50-03B918249BCC (resized).jpeg
    dial (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tenor.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

How do you find anything on that crazy site? "Game specific parts" link shows maybe 10 older games? You can't order or buy anything on the site and you can't easily find anything. What's the site for?
    It's 2020. We're moving towards a cashless, online buying experience yet they still want customers to send a check or pay COD? Does the post office even do COD anymore? COD?! Has any online business even offered COD in the last 20 years?
    I want to buy parts but damn, that's a lot of hoops to jump through.

Quoted from Pahuffman:

I gave up on it years ago. It's so damn difficult to order parts that I just call friends who already have an account and ask them to order stuff. Literally the last place I look for anything.

Hope you enjoy that huge Marco Markup for all the stuff he buys from PBR and just resells for newbs who are too lazy or timid to call or send an email.

You absolutely pay through the nose for that slick website and easy to navigate UI.

Steve is the man and you get so much shit for CHEAP. The prices are insanely low. I can’t imagine how he does it.

Also I happened to order on the same day exactly a year apart and calculated that Steve receives about 10 THOUSAND orders per year, so I think you’re the minority here.

Sure it’s a pain in the ass to make a list of shit you want and then find the part numbers, but you do your work, and you’re rewarded with cheap prices by quite literally the only person left on earth who actually MAKES most the parts.

Remember that Steve actually bought the Gottlieb factory and moved everything to NY so that’s how he makes all the original stuff you need and why he STILL has NOS things after almost 30 years.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Terry at PBL makes a ton of his parts. Legs, bars, etc.. He has invested a ton in presses and tooling.

Yes, that is true. Terry and PBL has made a lot of the hardware available. I bought the lockdown for my Orbitor 1 from him. PBL is great, especially in cases like that. But if we’re talking Gottlieb specific, PBR makes them exclusively and he makes a few other manufacturer's parts as well.

I don’t know what else PBL offers, but kudos to them. It’s definitely not at the level Steve has, yet!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-decoder-ring-to-make-sense-of-pbrs-website?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.