(Topic ID: 277158)

Is there a decoder ring to make sense of PBRs website?

By d0n

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 228 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DF743C27-22E5-46F9-9BF5-212F820432A9 (resized).jpeg
    24194563-822F-4EAF-B9B0-3AA15FFB76BF.gif
    14nw2f.jpg
    ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmmC+C (resized).jpg
    bcace875afc9485d74face2501417b06 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200916_150344 (resized).jpg
    84BF5126-1E3C-46E9-B0FF-8AD8A1EE8E1E.gif
    4A646F0E-ACA7-4F5E-98F9-767E1D992884.gif
    337C7225-3AF5-43BC-8CD2-EFA29CB7B8A5.gif
    756AA467-2067-4EC8-B153-3C1D30934D0E (resized).jpeg
    5FB23A6A-85DD-4D19-AA50-03B918249BCC (resized).jpeg
    dial (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tenor.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 3 years ago

I’m sure his has been said many times already but here’s how you order from them:

EMAIL ONLY

ask them to set up a customer number.

Once set up, always have the parts guides from PPS handy. They want you to have part numbers when you order.

If it’s a gottlieb game, I just tell them the game, and the parts I need if I don’t have the parts guide or manual. They are good with that.

They send an email back confirming what they have or don’t have, with prices. You confirm, they confirm and mail the stuff to you.

Once you receive, mail a check back to them.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

I gave up on it years ago. It's so damn difficult to order parts that I just call friends who already have an account and ask them to order stuff. Literally the last place I look for anything.

The process you go through to call friends is literally the process to order from PBR. Haha

And it should be the first place you look for gottlieb parts at a minimum. Their prices are better than most places too on the common stuff.

#60 3 years ago

I’ve never once spoken on the phone with them. Emails only. Super easy. You can go back and reply to a previous order to make a new one. It’s so easy. The first order is slow, after that it’s easy. Just as fast if not faster than the other sites.

I can’t remember the last time I’ve visited their website either.

I probably make at least a dozen orders a year from them and spend 500-1000 bucks a year.

If it was an annoyance I wouldnt give them that kind of business.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

everyone keeps saying PBRs prices are great etc etc etc. Sure, they may be a couple bucks cheaper than marco or pinballwizard but I CAN ORDER ONLINE AND PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD OR PAYPAL AND NEVER HAVE TO FIND A PART NUMBER OR TALK TO A GRUMPY AHOLE ON THE PHONE OR SEND A CHECK IN SNAIL MAIL AFTER PARTS ARRIVE!
    I'll pay the couple bucks more every single time thanks.

What’s the point of this thread then? To bitch? Seemed like you were looking for help or trying to see what you we’re missing about their website. Plenty of help here to show you it’s not hard at all to order from them. If you had no intention of ever ordering from them, why post?

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

or maybe because it's been a known problem for years or decades and no one has ever solved it. Ya'll just put up with it. Stupid is as stupid does. People can be stupid. People that order from PBR.

Put the PBRs down and send an email and get your parts in 2 days from PBR.

Have a good weekend.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-decoder-ring-to-make-sense-of-pbrs-website?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.