(Topic ID: 277158)

Is there a decoder ring to make sense of PBRs website?

By d0n

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 228 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DF743C27-22E5-46F9-9BF5-212F820432A9 (resized).jpeg
    24194563-822F-4EAF-B9B0-3AA15FFB76BF.gif
    14nw2f.jpg
    ThingsThatMakeYouGoHmmmC+C (resized).jpg
    bcace875afc9485d74face2501417b06 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20200916_150344 (resized).jpg
    84BF5126-1E3C-46E9-B0FF-8AD8A1EE8E1E.gif
    4A646F0E-ACA7-4F5E-98F9-767E1D992884.gif
    337C7225-3AF5-43BC-8CD2-EFA29CB7B8A5.gif
    756AA467-2067-4EC8-B153-3C1D30934D0E (resized).jpeg
    5FB23A6A-85DD-4D19-AA50-03B918249BCC (resized).jpeg
    dial (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    tenor.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DanQverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 3 years ago

You want candid and blunt?

Count me among those who believe it is rarely appropriate to deliberately be a jerk.

Especially with customers!

Being irritated because someone doesn't know as much as you do is counterproductive.

Telling people trying to order that they are wasting your time, really? It's your freaking job. What could be more important than helping a customer get an order figured out? In a hurry to get back to playing Minesweeper?

Is making people feel bad good for repeat business?

And just what is so admirable about being stuck in the last century?

But who am I to complain? If someone is happy satisfied with their old school system, undesirous of progress or improvement, and enjoys belittling people for not being able to find a part or its number on their website, thanks to its haphazardness and incompleteness, more power to them, I guess?

#139 3 years ago

Just to clarify, I was simply playing Devil's Advocate before. I have no problem with Steve running his business the way he wants to. He obviously already gets all the business he wants, so there is no need to change. If he irks a would-be customer here and there, it has not hurt his bottom line enough to warrant making major changes in his website, order system or attitude. At this point modernizing just looks like headaches.

Perk of owning the business! Things would be different if he had a board of directors to answer to. (All they would know is "More! MORE!")

#147 3 years ago

Oh jeez, I just remembered it's been so long since I ordered from PBR that I don't recall my customer number!

And I need some relays! Augh!

I might have to fire up old computers to look through old emails!

Maybe I'll play dumb and act like a new customer. My address has changed anyway...

#149 3 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

I know a few restaurants that only take cash or a check, no cards.

Dumb. Checks bounce, and are easily forged. Stolen credit cards rarely get used at restaurants, thieves want cash or pawnable merch, quick before the card gets cancelled.

If the card user also wants all the pies in the pie case to go, then I'd be suspicious.

#173 3 years ago

Steve is the decoder ring, I like that!

You just need to handle the decoder ring with kid gloves, so it doesn't shock you if you use it wrong!

#185 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Steve is the decoder ring, I like that!
    You just need to handle the decoder ring with kid gloves, so it doesn't shock you if you use it wrong!

You people! I lob you a softball and nothing.

Rings and gloves don't mix!

To wreck the joke with over-examination, okay, simple bands will fit in a glove, but not a clunky decoder ring!
    <slap!> We're not talking about real gloves or rings anyway!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DanQverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-a-decoder-ring-to-make-sense-of-pbrs-website?tu=DanQverymuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.