Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Pin_-_K
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I'm installing a real knocker in my Iron Man that is generated through the ticket dispenser wire in the cab. I need 50V to drive the coil. Are there any 50V wires in the cab that are always on (when the coin door is closed)?

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm installing a real knocker in my Iron Man that is generated through the ticket dispenser wire in the cab. I need 50V to drive the coil. Are there any 50V wires in the cab that are always on (when the coin door is closed)?

I haven't had a chance to poke around in the SPIKE system software. Does it have an option to activate a real knocker signal like SAM system games have?

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I haven't had a chance to poke around in the SPIKE system software. Does it have an option to activate a real knocker signal like SAM system games have?

Not sure about SPIKE. Iron Man is a SAM system. It has a ticket dispenser signal in the cab that I'll use to drive a knocker whenever a credit is issued (high score, match, replay, special). I need 50V for it, though.

Anyone know if there's 50V in the cab?

1 week later
#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Not sure about SPIKE. Iron Man is a SAM system. It has a ticket dispenser signal in the cab that I'll use to drive a knocker whenever a credit is issued (high score, match, replay, special). I need 50V for it, though.
Anyone know if there's 50V in the cab?

These links might help.

If you figure it out maybe you could help me when my Iron man VE arrives.

#5 8 years ago

I would like to try this in the new spike system as well does any buddy know if it is even possible.

#6 8 years ago

No loose 50v in the cabinet in SAM games. You would have to borrow from somewhere.

Andrew

3 months later
#7 8 years ago

Pop Bumpers in SAM/Whitestar are technically 50VDC (actually closer to 70VDC ) and Spike PB are 48VDC.

These are what a few of us MODDER's have used to "borrow" Power from somewhere else - 3-M Quick Taps.

Quick Taps are pretty straight forward & easy to use - only minor downside is they are kind of like IDC Connectors in the context that by design they slice through the insulation but some times they can also slightly slice through a few of the Wires Strands:
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/EMDCI/Home/Products/ProductCatalog/~/3M-Scotchlok-Electrical-T-Tap-Connectors?N=5430181+3294245702&rt=rud

On an 18AWG Wire like the Pop Bumpers use it shouldn't a problem, however on 22AWG or smaller diameter Wires it may be an issue over time. (IMHO).
Pick the largest size Quick Tap that covers the Wire Gauge you are splicing into - i.e. use a Red Quick Tap (18AWG - 14AWG) for the Pop Bumper Wires (18AWG), while a Blue QT (22AWG-18AWG) would work DON'T-DO-IT.

Terry (PBL) uses these in his LOTR Backbox Flasher Kit - had 1 his Kits in our LOTR for over 4 years with no issues.

Kim

#8 8 years ago

On SAM & Whitestar Systems you could also grab it off of Pin 1 of Connector J-6 or J-7 .

Same place you can grab Power (& Grounding) for under Cabinet Flashers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-50v-in-sam-cabinet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.