20151223_214324_(resized).jpg
20151223_214338_(resized).jpg
20160123_072357_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
Slash-Wizard-of-Oz-pinball_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happilymarried05.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I've had WOZ 2 times. First one was ECLE and traded it out. Opportunity arose to buy a new RR at a good price point recently and jumped on it. There is just so much going on. To me, the game is about trying to stack stuff and when I'm able to do that the game really shines. (Keeping a 2x multiplier going with a munchkin mode and a multiball with 3 different playfields if VERY fun and intense). Not to mention the fact that my 7 year old little girl loves it. That makes it a keeper for me probably for a very long time.

Agreed on the stacking. Once you learn how to do that on this particular game it becomes a wonderful thing and the light show is like nothing you have ever seen. I have been on the fence about selling my rrwoz several times on pinside but after putting in more time on it, i think it will be around for quite a while especially since i got it NIB

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

As long as you realize you will probably take a big $$$ hit if you decide to sell... good luck!

why would he take a big money hit? You have a very sour taste for the game to begin with honestly. Every thread about woz thus far you have knocked the game. We get that you don;t like it lol

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

This isn't about me its about him. There's no guarantee he will like it so he should be aware of the costly decision he could be making. I would either put tons of time in it to be sure or buy a nice HUO one...

That i agree with, just not the "losing a ton" for sure not a game for everyone, so put some time in on one if you can. If you can't and take the plunge then just be prepared to lose a few hundred dollars for out of box

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

To the OP, you really have to play it a bunch yourself before making this decision. WOZ is one of the most polarizing games out there. Some love it. Some hate it. I'm in the middle. I've played a WOZ that was so drain happy on the sides that I wanted to smash the thing into a million pieces. Then I played one that was more forgiving and 10x more fun and I loved it.
I would wait to buy a WOZ though. Prices are going to dip once Hobbit and other new pins ship. Unless you want NIB from JJP now, I'd hold out and save yourself a nice chunk of change.

I see this alot, how much do you think prices are going to dip on this game because TH comes out? I mean its a totally different game. Prices didn't drop on twd premium when got premium came out. 2 totally different games. HUO might drop because ppl may want to get TH in their lineup and need the money for that. Overall though there is no reason in the market right now for prices to drop on WOZ because of TH. imho

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

He's talking about buying a NIB standard... he would lose thousands not hundreds. HUO Standards can be had for $6500 with patience.

Your logic is flawed but ok. GLW whatever you decide to do OP. Great game for the right person.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I'm betting all prices will drop because of the volume of new pins hitting the market in 2016. Not just Hobbit forcing WOZ down. GB will force WOZ down. Star Wars will force TWD down. By the end of this year, no used pin will be gaining value ala Tron LE. Maybe RZ since it's so rare. But everything else will be made until my diapers come off.

Lol Tron? So out of all the games made tron is the only game that is going to hold value? Basically by your logic if i want lets say a TWD i should just wait a year or so and the fact that so many other games are going to come out means the old games will lose price? LOL, I usually agree with things you say but this makes no sense.. Why would new games of a different title dictate the price on other great games? That makes no sense at all. By your standards then TZ and CFTBL and other REALLY old titles should be like 1500 dollars

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Kaneda...you should probably wait on getting Star Wars when it comes out, because the prices will eventually drop. But you ought to sell your LOTR right NOW before Hobbit starts shipping, because that's going to devalue your machine. Just sayin'.

Heck by 2018 LOTR will be 500 dollars

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No doubt, and I've seen LE's change hands for less than $7500 nicely modded!

You are always going to catch those "good deals" where the seller needs money and the buyer just happens to come along at the right time. Those deals don't set the market price for games. I mean i was offered a NIB twd le for 6500 before xmas, the guy needed money, i just didn't have it. Had i made that deal and posted about it though, that would not set the price of them. People would just try to use it and say "oh well i seen one sell for this amount" Lucky steals are all part of the fun but you shouldn't base those few deals on what you may pay. That is like someone lucking up and going to an auction that nobody shows up to, they get lucky and snag a MINT TAF for 3k. Do you think that is going to drop the value of TAF down? NO someone just lucked up and got a good deal

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

The market has never seen such an influx in volume as it will this year. Look, we'll just have to wait and see. Nobody really knows for sure. I'm just shocked people even go NIB right now when there are so many amazing pins for half that price and NIB pins ship with half code and kinks to be worked out.

When i built this house brand new, when my 1 year check came around i had to have the driveway crack fixed, some screws were showing etc. You buy something new because you want it, and you don't have to worry about problems someone else has possibly hidden. It's all in what you want. I bought mustang pro nib, gotle nib, wozrr nib, imve nib, i have paid for smve nib, smaug nib, If nobody bought NIB items then how do you think pinball would stay in business? Stern and jjp would have nobody to sell too

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Let me know what you think.
And what model?

If you have the $$$$ to go NIB go for it dude. You only live once and its no different than any other hobby. I personally don't see the point in some of these souped up 12 ft off the ground trucks i see riding around but its someone's hobby that makes them happy. If it makes you happy and you can afford it none of our opinions matter. Bottom line is its your money, your game if you get it and you have to ultimately make the decision. My vote is if you have it buy it.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Sorry dude but that's the market on HUO WOZ's... LE's $7000-$7500 and Standards $6500-$7000 depending if it has some of the extras like invisiglass and shaker. If you're paying more then that's your fault.
A standard with invisiglass and shaker was just listed here for $7000 maybe a couple weeks ago. I assumed it sold...

Flawed. You are using those few and far between examples that don't dictate the market. I sold a family guy HUO once for 3500 because i desperately needed the money. Would i today? NO

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I don't mean NIB ever, just right now. I wouldn't go NIB on anything for the next 4 months just to see how it all shakes out.
1. Will Hobbit have rewarding shots / not play floaty
2. Will GB have good display, shoot well
3. Will Alien be revealed? Will I want it?
4. Will TBL ship and be as good as it looks?
It sounds like you already have lots of pins and even more on order. Personally I would just wait and see how the questions above get answered. But you're right, it will take guys who go in right away to answer them. Each their own.

Someone has to buy NEW pins, just like someone has to buy new cars. It's the way of the world dude. Everyone knows when you drive off the lot in a brand new car you lose value but i tell you what i love that smell and feeling everytime i get one. If everyone had this logic you are trying to use then the economy would go down the crapper because nothing new would ever be made. Why would stern stay in business and come up with all these great titles if nobody will buy them new? Why would JJP be making WOZ and TH if nobody was going to buy them? I mean it just makes no sense. Someone has to buy these games or these companies go out of business and then there is no pinball. I mean it seems pretty simple to me. Some people can afford the stuff and some can't. It's for sure not a hobby for those on a tight budget IF you want NEWER titles.

Seriously though if nobody is buying the new titles then what? What happens to stern and jjp? Makes no sense

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

» YouTube video

why so much ROCK AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOL

this would work too right?

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Why are any of us even on here right now getting so heated over such an INANE thing? Yes of course people need to buy new stuff. Any other obvious points both of us can make right now?

I am far from heated as i said i enjoy chatting with you lol just don't see the logic here because someone has to buy these new games lol

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks again all.. I find the posts very interesting. I will buy a WOZ. I am not so worried about depreciation. As long as the game is fun and hoefully problem free for the most part I am ok with it. In short I am not looking for a appreciating asset. Willing to have a depreciating asset that provides a good time. Good info thanks all.

There ya go, HAVE A BLAST BRO you only get one ride on this roller coaster life

#164 8 years ago

Why is this thread still going? Op is buying one. done

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.50
$ 16.95
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 91.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happilymarried05.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-wizard-of-ozworth-it-yesno?tu=happilymarried05 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.