20151223_214324_(resized).jpg
20151223_214338_(resized).jpg
20160123_072357_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
Slash-Wizard-of-Oz-pinball_(resized).jpg
There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

The 'new pins are coming' logic never really plays out. WOZ, AC/DC, Met, B/W pins, even some of the newer Sterns... none are dropping or are only slightly dropping and that just depends on how good the pin is.
It's actually quite impressive that the value holds for recent pins with how many are being released these days.

The market has never seen such an influx in volume as it will this year. Look, we'll just have to wait and see. Nobody really knows for sure. I'm just shocked people even go NIB right now when there are so many amazing pins for half that price and NIB pins ship with half code and kinks to be worked out.

#51 8 years ago

There were many people who absolutely hated the game. Mostly because they never had any real time playing it, just some initial views. But once they got some in depth playing, became believers of how special this game is.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I don't think the op is asking how woz will hold its value. He just wonders if the value is there at such a high price point.

If that's the case... A BIG FAT NO! NOT IF YOU'RE BUYING NEW! INSANITY! Wait for a nice HUO one to pop up for a couple thousand less.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

No doubt, and I've seen LE's change hands for less than $7500 nicely modded!

You are always going to catch those "good deals" where the seller needs money and the buyer just happens to come along at the right time. Those deals don't set the market price for games. I mean i was offered a NIB twd le for 6500 before xmas, the guy needed money, i just didn't have it. Had i made that deal and posted about it though, that would not set the price of them. People would just try to use it and say "oh well i seen one sell for this amount" Lucky steals are all part of the fun but you shouldn't base those few deals on what you may pay. That is like someone lucking up and going to an auction that nobody shows up to, they get lucky and snag a MINT TAF for 3k. Do you think that is going to drop the value of TAF down? NO someone just lucked up and got a good deal

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

The market has never seen such an influx in volume as it will this year. Look, we'll just have to wait and see. Nobody really knows for sure. I'm just shocked people even go NIB right now when there are so many amazing pins for half that price and NIB pins ship with half code and kinks to be worked out.

When i built this house brand new, when my 1 year check came around i had to have the driveway crack fixed, some screws were showing etc. You buy something new because you want it, and you don't have to worry about problems someone else has possibly hidden. It's all in what you want. I bought mustang pro nib, gotle nib, wozrr nib, imve nib, i have paid for smve nib, smaug nib, If nobody bought NIB items then how do you think pinball would stay in business? Stern and jjp would have nobody to sell too

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

You are always going to catch those "good deals" where the seller needs money and the buyer just happens to come along at the right time. Those deals don't set the market price for games. I mean i was offered a NIB twd le for 6500 before xmas, the guy needed money, i just didn't have it. Had i made that deal and posted about it though, that would not set the price of them. People would just try to use it and say "oh well i seen one sell for this amount" Lucky steals are all part of the fun but you shouldn't base those few deals on what you may pay. That is like someone lucking up and going to an auction that nobody shows up to, they get lucky and snag a MINT TAF for 3k. Do you think that is going to drop the value of TAF down? NO someone just lucked up and got a good deal

Sorry dude but that's the market on HUO WOZ's... LE's $7000-$7500 and Standards $6500-$7000 depending if it has some of the extras like invisiglass and shaker. If you're paying more then that's your fault.

A standard with invisiglass and shaker was just listed here for $7000 maybe a couple weeks ago. I assumed it sold...

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes. The light board issue. Mine was from August 2013, and I'm on my third set of light boards (which work perfectly now, btw...thanks, JJP!). Depends on if the lights have been replaced with the latest revision boards or not.

Weird, mine's Oct 2013 and I haven't had a single led board failure. Witch opto went out, that's about it. No playfield issues either, and it has thousands of plays. I did add mylar to the bumper areas.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Let me know what you think.
And what model?

If you have the $$$$ to go NIB go for it dude. You only live once and its no different than any other hobby. I personally don't see the point in some of these souped up 12 ft off the ground trucks i see riding around but its someone's hobby that makes them happy. If it makes you happy and you can afford it none of our opinions matter. Bottom line is its your money, your game if you get it and you have to ultimately make the decision. My vote is if you have it buy it.

#58 8 years ago

When i built this house brand new, when my 1 year check came around i had to have the driveway crack fixed, some screws were showing etc. You buy something new because you want it, and you don't have to worry about problems someone else has possibly hidden. It's all in what you want. I bought mustang pro nib, gotle nib, wozrr nib, imve nib, i have paid for smve nib, smaug nib, If nobody bought NIB items then how do you think pinball would stay in business? Stern and jjp would have nobody to sell too

I don't mean NIB ever, just right now. I wouldn't go NIB on anything for the next 4 months just to see how it all shakes out.

1. Will Hobbit have rewarding shots / not play floaty
2. Will GB have good display, shoot well
3. Will Alien be revealed? Will I want it?
4. Will TBL ship and be as good as it looks?

It sounds like you already have lots of pins and even more on order. Personally I would just wait and see how the questions above get answered. But you're right, it will take guys who go in right away to answer them. Each their own.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Sorry dude but that's the market on HUO WOZ's... LE's $7000-$7500 and Standards $6500-$7000 depending if it has some of the extras like invisiglass and shaker. If you're paying more then that's your fault.
A standard with invisiglass and shaker was just listed here for $7000 maybe a couple weeks ago. I assumed it sold...

Flawed. You are using those few and far between examples that don't dictate the market. I sold a family guy HUO once for 3500 because i desperately needed the money. Would i today? NO

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

As long as you realize you will probably take a big $$$ hit if you decide to sell... good luck!

Depends. At some point JJP will stop making these... there's only a few thousand tops out there right now, and with its well-known theme and all-out BOM, WOZ could become pretty sought-after down the road. I mean, who woulda thought Addams would still sell for 5K in 2015?

#61 8 years ago

#t=0

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I don't mean NIB ever, just right now. I wouldn't go NIB on anything for the next 4 months just to see how it all shakes out.
1. Will Hobbit have rewarding shots / not play floaty
2. Will GB have good display, shoot well
3. Will Alien be revealed? Will I want it?
4. Will TBL ship and be as good as it looks?
It sounds like you already have lots of pins and even more on order. Personally I would just wait and see how the questions above get answered. But you're right, it will take guys who go in right away to answer them. Each their own.

Someone has to buy NEW pins, just like someone has to buy new cars. It's the way of the world dude. Everyone knows when you drive off the lot in a brand new car you lose value but i tell you what i love that smell and feeling everytime i get one. If everyone had this logic you are trying to use then the economy would go down the crapper because nothing new would ever be made. Why would stern stay in business and come up with all these great titles if nobody will buy them new? Why would JJP be making WOZ and TH if nobody was going to buy them? I mean it just makes no sense. Someone has to buy these games or these companies go out of business and then there is no pinball. I mean it seems pretty simple to me. Some people can afford the stuff and some can't. It's for sure not a hobby for those on a tight budget IF you want NEWER titles.

Seriously though if nobody is buying the new titles then what? What happens to stern and jjp? Makes no sense

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Flawed? Trying not to lose a bunch is flawed??

Yea flawed. He wants to play WOZ, and waiting around for the perfect deal isn't playing WOZ. Some people buy games for fun, not investment.

#64 8 years ago

Mines never leaving. So there you go, there already becoming scarce and hard to get.

#65 8 years ago

Someone has to buy NEW pins, just like someone has to buy new cars. It's the way of the world dude. Everyone knows when you drive off the lot in a brand new car you lose value but i tell you what i love that smell and feeling everytime i get one. If everyone had this logic you are trying to use then the economy would go down the crapper because nothing new would ever be made. Why would stern stay in business and come up with all these great titles if nobody will buy them new? Why would JJP be making WOZ and TH if nobody was going to buy them? I mean it just makes no sense. Someone has to buy these games or these companies go out of business and then there is no pinball. I mean it seems pretty simple to me. Some people can afford the stuff and some can't. It's for sure not a hobby for those on a tight budget IF you want NEWER titles.
Seriously though if nobody is buying the new titles then what? What happens to stern and jjp? Makes no sense

Why are any of us even on here right now getting so heated over such an INANE thing? Yes of course people need to buy new stuff. Any other obvious points both of us can make right now?

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

» YouTube video

why so much ROCK AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOL

this would work too right?

#67 8 years ago

How about EVERYONE stop with this thread that's just turning into a personal attack royal rumble and we take our passion elsewhere. I'll summarize this thread.

1. OP asks is WOZ is worth it
2. Consensus is yes
3. OP go get one

Done.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Why are any of us even on here right now getting so heated over such an INANE thing? Yes of course people need to buy new stuff. Any other obvious points both of us can make right now?

I am far from heated as i said i enjoy chatting with you lol just don't see the logic here because someone has to buy these new games lol

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

» YouTube video

It's funny that I knew what video that was even before I clicked it......

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's funny that I knew what video that was even before I clicked it......

There are just so many broken records around here lately.

#71 8 years ago

If you can get past the theme then sure, how one does that is beyond me.

69f0f1702f46120b755eb98105f4e26f_(resized).jpg69f0f1702f46120b755eb98105f4e26f_(resized).jpg

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Depends. At some point JJP will stop making these... there's only a few thousand tops out there right now, and with its well-known theme and all-out BOM, WOZ could become pretty sought-after down the road. I mean, who woulda thought Addams would still sell for 5K in 2015?

Yeah but most of the few thousand of the WoZ's will be home use only unlike TAF. You'd be lucky to find a couple dozen HUO TAF so not a good comparison.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yea flawed. He wants to play WOZ, and waiting around for the perfect deal isn't playing WOZ. Some people buy games for fun, not investment.

I see a enough of these for sale. I don't think it would take that long to find a fair deal. Like I said there was just one on here for $7000 not more than a couple weeks ago. But if he wants to spend a couple grand more than he has to no problem with me!

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yeah but most of the few thousand of the WoZ's will be home use only unlike TAF. You'd be lucky to find a couple dozen HUO TAF so not a good comparison.

I'm not comparing HUO, I'm comparing the games, period. Routed and shopped TAFs approach 5K.. for a game that originally sold for 3.5K or so. If a game is good (and WOZ is very good), demand will be there in the future. Wizard of Oz is a much more loved movie than Addams Family, so it's possible WOZ could become even more desirable down the road once production ceases.

But, the dude should just buy the game he's itching to play.

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I see a enough of these for sale. I don't think it would take that long to find a fair deal. Like I said there was just one on here for $7000 not more than a couple weeks ago. But if he wants to spend a couple grand more than he has to no problem with me!

There's one for 7K on here right now He could buy it, or a NIB one... up to him. New game gets red trim, extra sculpted parts and NIB smell... for some people, that's worth 2K...

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You must have bought the wrong machine....Mine doesn't look like that at all.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

You must have bought the wrong machine....Mine doesn't look like that at all.

I thought so.

#78 8 years ago

I think WOZ is a great game for the money at 65-7500. Above that, it has to be very special to you.

Like Twilight Zone 20 years before, not everyone likes a game that has all that stuff on it. Regardless of claims it can't be both great flow and tons of side games, multi level etc. I had TZ also and let it go. I like variety.

I had one at 6500 and moved on. No big deal. I may get another some day. For now, I can try a bunch of other great stuff for 8-9k.

JJP has made a ton of them and they aren't getting routed much. At some point, prices will drop in HUO machines.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Weird, mine's Oct 2013 and I haven't had a single led board failure. Witch opto went out, that's about it. No playfield issues either, and it has thousands of plays. I did add mylar to the bumper areas.

Mine is Late October 13 build.

A couple of fuses and switch adjustments. That's it

No play field or light board issues

#80 8 years ago

Hi

My game WOZ LE is the best game I have.

Never a problem and always plays 100%

Thanks Jersey Jack for making a true pinball classic

#81 8 years ago

When people aged 2 to 82 come over and play pinball and at the end of the day ask them what game they liked best, 90% of the time they say WOZ.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

69f0f1702f46120b755eb98105f4e26f_(resized).jpg

You must not have children.

#83 8 years ago

I feel like it's the best game I've played, in my limited experience. It is extremely expensive in the UK and europe though.

Hope in a year or two once they have a full production line with 3-4 games going out that they manage to reduce the price a bit.

#84 8 years ago

It's fun, offers a lot of toys and features, and has crazy deep code that is still being cranked out by master pinball programmer Keith Johnson. It's one of the best pinball machines ever made and really stands out in an era when a lot of NIB games are rather sparse in terms of toy / feature offerings.

One reason why the game is so popular in my opinion is because of the games charm and that is something a lot of modern pins lack. Sure all the toys / features are great but its the games charm that is brought out in its incredible artwork, audio, and rules that make WOZ such a fun game that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.

Let me just say it one last damn time for the WOZ haters (lol) 5 magnets, 5 flippers, two mini playfields, 2 mini outlane games, 26" 1080P LCD, stereo sound, motorized monkey mech toy, rollovers, two VUK's, crystal ball toy, motorized witch toy, beaitiful clear coated cabinet and wood apron (ECLE), high quality powder coated rails and armor, invisiglass + shaker motor, spinning house toy, motorized castle door and probably the deepest ruleset ever created for a pinball machine...yeah I'm sure there's more but put it this way, no other pinball machine on the market today can match the amount of stuff / code that JJP crammed into WOZ!

boom_(resized).jpgboom_(resized).jpg

#85 8 years ago

This same question can be asked about any nib pin. Is a nib stern le worth its price, as they to drop in value after opened usually. Sterns aren't cheap either, and are definitely less on the used market typically. To each their own.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

69f0f1702f46120b755eb98105f4e26f_(resized).jpg

Well, the easiest way to "get past the theme" is to not be so sexually insecure that you're afraid a pinball machine might turn you gay.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

You must not have children.

I do have Turtles.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Well, the easiest way to "get past the theme" is to not be so sexually insecure that you're afraid a pinball machine might turn you gay.

Thats a small part of it, and that insecurity appears to apply to you as well, not that theres anything wrong with it.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thats a small part of it, and that insecurity appears to apply to you as well, not that theres anything wrong with it.

What?

#90 8 years ago

I don't know, it was a joke, who cares? As long as you like the pin then thats what matters.

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Mine is Oct 29 13 build and also no playfield or lightboard problems. I think it was mid to late October they switched from the 5v boards to the 7 volt. This was before they added the buffer though but still I have had no light board issues... would like to have the ones with the buffer but if these work not worried about it. Other than a spring adjustment on the left castle door nothing at all has gone wrong. No loose flipper mechs or anything. Great game well built! Into the third year of ownership that's pretty impressive IMHO

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

One reason why the game is so popular in my opinion is because of the games charm and that is something a lot of modern pins lack. Sure all the toys / features are great but its the games charm that is brought out in its incredible artwork, audio, and rules that make WOZ such a fun game that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.

Honestly, this is the worst part of the game for me. I don't care for the movie, I don't like the dings and dongs; the quotes all serve their purpose but rarely make me crack a smile. I'd MUCH rather hear Metallica music, thunderous explosions and "fry that motherf*cker" style quotes. WOZ succeeds for me *despite* its theme, and that's saying a lot.

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Is that what causes it? *glares at machines accusingly*

Anyway, see above. Sorry to break the stereotype.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

There are a multitude of valid arguments used to defend WOZ. But this one is ridiculous. It reminds me of when guys accuse women who aren't attracted to them of being lesbians. Oh, and I personally think WOZ is a fine game and theme, lest my sexuality be questioned.

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

It reminds me of when guys accuse women who aren't attracted to them of being lesbians.

They're not?

#96 8 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

There are a multitude of valid arguments used to defend WOZ. But this one is ridiculous. It reminds me of when guys accuse women who aren't attracted to them of being lesbians. Oh, and I personally think WOZ is a fine game and theme, lest my sexuality be questioned.

Most jokes are meant to be ridiculous, fyi. Including the lesbian one.

#97 8 years ago

Thanks again all.. I find the posts very interesting. I will buy a WOZ. I am not so worried about depreciation. As long as the game is fun and hoefully problem free for the most part I am ok with it. In short I am not looking for a appreciating asset. Willing to have a depreciating asset that provides a good time. Good info thanks all.

#98 8 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Let me know what you think.
And what model?

I bought a standard...added in the Back Alley Creation castle/tornado. Looks great...had considered a RR, but I actually prefer the silver wire forms (great light reflection during the game) and wouldn't think twice about doing it again.

In answer to your question... absolutely 100% resounding yes. The game is awesome. As someone said above, it's a true pinball classic... absolutely killer game...IMO, the best game I've ever played.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks again all.. I find the posts very interesting. I will buy a WOZ. I am not so worried about depreciation. As long as the game is fun and hoefully problem free for the most part I am ok with it. In short I am not looking for a appreciating asset. Willing to have a depreciating asset that provides a good time. Good info thanks all.

That is a great mindset! Having fun is what pinball is all about. Some people get way too caught up in how much their pins are worth, if they are going up or down in value and I think that actually makes the hobby less fun for them. It would suck if all of my pins one day were worth half what they are today but if that happens, oh well, I get a lot of enjoyment out of them and that is the most important thing. I don't look at my pins as investments, that's what my 401k is for, haha.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-wizard-of-ozworth-it-yesno/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.