Topic poll

“Is "The Wizard of Oz" worth it?”

• YES 258 votes
    57%
  • NO 191 votes
    43%

(449 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

15240673489_b4f8f1f29f_b_(resized).jpg
download_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-02-13_at_11.54.16_PM_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160213_095730_(resized).jpg
20160204_135231_(resized).jpg
886942_10153948162558086_4300615217009786266_o_(resized).jpg
20151223_214324_(resized).jpg
20151223_214338_(resized).jpg
20160123_072357_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
Slash-Wizard-of-Oz-pinball_(resized).jpg

There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 3 years ago

Let me know what you think.
And what model?

#3 3 years ago

I guess the direct print standard models and the limited green version from Automated will be the most sought after due to limited quantities.

#4 3 years ago

I had the ECLE for a coue of years. I liked it a lot and I thought it was worth it.

However, I have to admit I do like the traditional look of the standard. It seems to shine better.

If you're thinking of it, 7.5 volt boards with the buffers. Also check to make sure it is a later build to avoid the issues of the early playfields.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I guess the direct print standard models and the limited green version from Automated will be the most sought after due to limited quantities.

Not necessarily.
I like the Red one the best.

#6 3 years ago

I've had WOZ 2 times. First one was ECLE and traded it out. Opportunity arose to buy a new RR at a good price point recently and jumped on it. There is just so much going on. To me, the game is about trying to stack stuff and when I'm able to do that the game really shines. (Keeping a 2x multiplier going with a munchkin mode and a multiball with 3 different playfields if VERY fun and intense). Not to mention the fact that my 7 year old little girl loves it. That makes it a keeper for me probably for a very long time.

#7 3 years ago

I voted yes and I like the 75th Rudy Red, but the emerald green is beautiful as well. The new code helped getting to more features and enhancing the fun. Yes it's expensive and makes you gulp to buy, however I see other pins listed for sale for the same range of $$$ if not more and I shake my head I don't see how they compare to this pin.

When you get several modes going at once I have not experienced anything like it. Totally awesome.

The title is great game to have in the home and guests love to experience it.

#8 3 years ago

Absolutely. Especially when compared to pins like MM, MB and LE versions of games that run about the same these days. They really just don't compare. WOZ has so much possible to do and playing 3 playfields at once is a real trip.

#9 3 years ago

Yes. (Why am I experiencing an overwhelming sense of deja vu?)

#10 3 years ago

Yes. I love my RR edition and the code in beta (v6.04) makes it even better.

#11 3 years ago

I'm going to close this as a duplicate. It looks like there was a hiccup when posting and now we've got two identical threads going. Continue the discussion here please: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-wizard-of-oz-worth-it-yesno

Edit: Reopening this one and closing the other since it appears that OP redid this one to add the poll. Leaving the link above as cross-reference since there are currently more responses there.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I've had WOZ 2 times. First one was ECLE and traded it out. Opportunity arose to buy a new RR at a good price point recently and jumped on it. There is just so much going on. To me, the game is about trying to stack stuff and when I'm able to do that the game really shines. (Keeping a 2x multiplier going with a munchkin mode and a multiball with 3 different playfields if VERY fun and intense). Not to mention the fact that my 7 year old little girl loves it. That makes it a keeper for me probably for a very long time.

Agreed on the stacking. Once you learn how to do that on this particular game it becomes a wonderful thing and the light show is like nothing you have ever seen. I have been on the fence about selling my rrwoz several times on pinside but after putting in more time on it, i think it will be around for quite a while especially since i got it NIB

#13 3 years ago

Thank you all. Sorry about the double post. I am new to the forum game.

#14 3 years ago

It will be a standard with shaker and glass option. I hope this is the right move.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It will be a standard with shaker and glass option. I hope this is the right move.

You buying new or HUO?

#16 3 years ago

Yes. We've had our standard woz for a little over two years. What a great machine.

It has a ton going on, great player, great code, attractive playfield, unmatched light show, LCD which does show a lot, constant code support by a great programmer and responsive tech support.

I just shopped mine out and in going through the machine there really is a lot of detail that was put into the machine both on top and under the playfield.

Make sure you get one manufactured after oct/nov 2013 as the early ones had problems with playfield quality and light boards.

If you look beyond some of the personalities at jjp, it really is a fun machine.

#17 3 years ago

Do you guys consider 6-11-13 early production run for an EGLE? Do I need to worry about anything special? Machine is HUO.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from thunderchim:

Do you guys consider 6-11-13 early production run for an EGLE? Do I need to worry about anything special? Machine is HUO.

IMHO, I would stay away.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from thunderchim:

Yes. The light board issue. Mine was from August 2013, and I'm on my third set of light boards (which work perfectly now, btw...thanks, JJP!). Depends on if the lights have been replaced with the latest revision boards or not.

#20 3 years ago

I never liked Woz but your opinion may be different. Some love it some dislike it.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You buying new or HUO?

New.

#22 3 years ago

absolutely worth it. mine is Ruby Red. Switched from MMR and couldnt be happier. easily one of the deepest and mechanically complex games ever made. best light show in pinball. incredibly sturdy. clearly a cut above.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You buying new or HUO?

As long as you realize you will probably take a big $$$ hit if you decide to sell... good luck!

#24 3 years ago

For some people, "Yes". For others, "No."

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

As long as you realize you will probably take a big $$$ hit if you decide to sell... good luck!

why would he take a big money hit? You have a very sour taste for the game to begin with honestly. Every thread about woz thus far you have knocked the game. We get that you don;t like it lol

#25 3 years ago

To the OP, you really have to play it a bunch yourself before making this decision. WOZ is one of the most polarizing games out there. Some love it. Some hate it. I'm in the middle. I've played a WOZ that was so drain happy on the sides that I wanted to smash the thing into a million pieces. Then I played one that was more forgiving and 10x more fun and I loved it.

I would wait to buy a WOZ though. Prices are going to dip once Hobbit and other new pins ship. Unless you want NIB from JJP now, I'd hold out and save yourself a nice chunk of change.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

why would he take a big money hit? You have a very sour taste for the game to begin with honestly. Every thread about woz thus far you have knocked the game. We get that you don;t like it lol

This isn't about me its about him. There's no guarantee he will like it so he should be aware of the costly decision he could be making. I would either put tons of time on it to be sure I like it or buy a nice HUO one...

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Not sure I agree with this. Not many ECLEs come up for sale, but I have seen selling prices from 7000 - 8000. Considering many bought at 6500/7000, they are not only holding their value, but are higher than what people paid.

#28 3 years ago

Definitely worth it. It's an awesome game, it pushes the limits of existing solid technology while incorporating new ideas and gadgetry. Not to mention the art, the play fields, and deep ruleset with tons to do. It's a beautiful machine in every way.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I would wait to buy a WOZ though. Prices are going to dip once Hobbit and other new pins ship.

Wanna bet?

#30 3 years ago

75thWOZ if I were to do it.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

This isn't about me its about him. There's no guarantee he will like it so he should be aware of the costly decision he could be making. I would either put tons of time in it to be sure or buy a nice HUO one...

That i agree with, just not the "losing a ton" for sure not a game for everyone, so put some time in on one if you can. If you can't and take the plunge then just be prepared to lose a few hundred dollars for out of box

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Not sure I agree with this. Not many ECLEs come up for sale, but I have seen selling prices from 7000 - 8000. Considering many bought at 6500/7000, they are not only holding their value, but are higher than what people paid.

If he buys new he's going to pay more than $6500-$7500. If you're patient the LE's come up for $7500 and less and the Standards come up for under $7000 and less...

#33 3 years ago

Woz RR is by far most played in my house, and gets more comments about its awesomeness from everyone. It is a high price point, but yes, I don't regret buying IMO the best looking, and my favorite ever. It's worth it

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

To the OP, you really have to play it a bunch yourself before making this decision. WOZ is one of the most polarizing games out there. Some love it. Some hate it. I'm in the middle. I've played a WOZ that was so drain happy on the sides that I wanted to smash the thing into a million pieces. Then I played one that was more forgiving and 10x more fun and I loved it.
I would wait to buy a WOZ though. Prices are going to dip once Hobbit and other new pins ship. Unless you want NIB from JJP now, I'd hold out and save yourself a nice chunk of change.

I see this alot, how much do you think prices are going to dip on this game because TH comes out? I mean its a totally different game. Prices didn't drop on twd premium when got premium came out. 2 totally different games. HUO might drop because ppl may want to get TH in their lineup and need the money for that. Overall though there is no reason in the market right now for prices to drop on WOZ because of TH. imho

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If he buys new he's going to pay more than $6500-$7500. If you're patient the LE's come up for $7500 and less and the Standards come up for under $7000 and less...

Agree. He should be able to get HUO WOZECLE for around 7500. Good price.

#36 3 years ago

That i agree with, just not the "losing a ton" for sure not a game for everyone, so put some time in on one if you can. If you can't and take the plunge then just be prepared to lose a few hundred dollars for out of box

He's talking about buying a NIB standard... he would lose thousands not hundreds. HUO Standards can be had for $6500 with patience.

#37 3 years ago

Yes, I will bet you. You think WOZ prices are going to go up? How much you wanna bet? And what's our benchmark. This isn't like a stock price.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

He's talking about buying a NIB standard... he would lose thousands not hundreds. HUO Standards can be had for $6500 with patience.

Your logic is flawed but ok. GLW whatever you decide to do OP. Great game for the right person.

#39 3 years ago

I see this alot, how much do you think prices are going to dip on this game because TH comes out? I mean its a totally different game. Prices didn't drop on twd premium when got premium came out. 2 totally different games. HUO might drop because ppl may want to get TH in their lineup and need the money for that. Overall though there is no reason in the market right now for prices to drop on WOZ because of TH. imho

I'm betting all prices will drop because of the volume of new pins hitting the market in 2016. Not just Hobbit forcing WOZ down. GB will force WOZ down. Star Wars will force TWD down. By the end of this year, no used pin will be gaining value ala Tron LE. Maybe RZ since it's so rare. But everything else will be made until my diapers come off.

#40 3 years ago

Your logic is flawed but ok. GLW whatever you decide to do OP. Great game for the right person.

Flawed? Trying not to lose a bunch is flawed??

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Yes, I will bet you. You think WOZ prices are going to go up? How much you wanna bet? And what's our benchmark. This isn't like a stock price.

It was a rhetorical question. Every morning I get up, I'm gambling...so I don't bet.

And I never said WOZ prices were going to go up, either. I'm just saying (as HappilyMarried did) that new pins won't adversely affect the price of WOZ or any other pins. You're forgetting that more people than ever are coming into this hobby, there are no more ECLEs being made, and since WOZ is considered an amazing game by many, lots of those people will be wanting to get their hands on one. (Even if it's a standard or RR75.) And once JJP stops making them, prices will REALLY stabilize.

Most pinball machine prices dip after you buy them - they're used, so what do you expect? But I've never seen a new machine release cause other machines' prices to tank.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I'm betting all prices will drop because of the volume of new pins hitting the market in 2016. Not just Hobbit forcing WOZ down. GB will force WOZ down. Star Wars will force TWD down. By the end of this year, no used pin will be gaining value ala Tron LE. Maybe RZ since it's so rare. But everything else will be made until my diapers come off.

Lol Tron? So out of all the games made tron is the only game that is going to hold value? Basically by your logic if i want lets say a TWD i should just wait a year or so and the fact that so many other games are going to come out means the old games will lose price? LOL, I usually agree with things you say but this makes no sense.. Why would new games of a different title dictate the price on other great games? That makes no sense at all. By your standards then TZ and CFTBL and other REALLY old titles should be like 1500 dollars

#43 3 years ago

Jeez, I just checked JJP's site. A NIB Standard with invisaglass and shaker is $9000!!! No way people are actually paying that are they? What a way to burn cash...

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

The 'new pins are coming' logic never really plays out. WOZ, AC/DC, Met, B/W pins, even some of the newer Sterns... none are dropping or are only slightly dropping and that just depends on how good the pin is.

It's actually quite impressive that the value holds for recent pins with how many are being released these days.

#45 3 years ago

Kaneda...you should probably wait on getting Star Wars when it comes out, because the prices will eventually drop. But you ought to sell your LOTR right NOW before Hobbit starts shipping, because that's going to devalue your machine. Just sayin'.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Jeez, I just checked JJP's site. A NIB Standard with invisaglass and shaker is $9000!!! No way people are actually paying that are they? What a way to burn cash...

Makes a used WOZECLE a real steal at 7500!

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Kaneda...you should probably wait on getting Star Wars when it comes out, because the prices will eventually drop. But you ought to sell your LOTR right NOW before Hobbit starts shipping, because that's going to devalue your machine. Just sayin'.

Heck by 2018 LOTR will be 500 dollars

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Makes a used WOZECLE a real steal at 7500!

No doubt, and I've seen LE's change hands for less than $7500 nicely modded!

#49 3 years ago

I don't think the op is asking how woz will hold its value. He just wonders if the value is there at such a high price point. IMO it is. I considered the price of a nib stern le vs woz, and to me woz offered so much more. I don't buy a pin based off of speculation of future value. I buy it based off of my own value I put on it. I wanted woz that much, so I bought it and don't regret it at all. I'm like that with all my pins though, even a $1200 Black hole or whatever. Yes, it will be a major attraction and hit in any collection, and that was worth it to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
8,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside