(Topic ID: 307739)

Is the way we sell pinball machines going to change now?

By xtraballpinball

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by woody76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

XBPPLogo (resized).JPG
    #1 2 years ago

New Xtra Ball Pinball Podcast episode with an interesting topic that may change the we we go about selling pinball machines... Check it out! Also, now available on iTunes and Apple Podcasts!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-38zfk-1175eb2

XBPPLogo (resized).JPGXBPPLogo (resized).JPG
    #2 2 years ago

As far as STI pickup window goes, all you have to do is give them your cell phone number and have the driver call when they are about a hour away. I have done this for years and just leave work when they call and by the time I get home from work they are arriving to get game and then I head back to work.

#3 2 years ago

No, I fear change.

#4 2 years ago

So this is about having to report to the IRS any payments over $600. It's unfortunate, as I much prefer an electronic payment app over cash.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from BallyBallerton:

So this is about having to report to the IRS any payments over $600. It's unfortunate, as I much prefer an electronic payment app over cash.

You'll have to be careful with cash app too....My understanding is that they will all be monitored.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

As far as STI pickup window goes, all you have to do is give them your cell phone number and have the driver call when they are about a hour away. I have done this for years and just leave work when they call and by the time I get home from work they are arriving to get game and then I head back to work.

Thanks for the tip!

#7 2 years ago

Nope... been cash on the glass since I got into this hobby. Will stay that way.

#8 2 years ago

If it does get to cash only, wow, we'll see who really wants to buy - cause I sure as hell won't be loading a game up and dropping it off!

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from BallyBallerton:So this is about having to report to the IRS any payments over $600. It's unfortunate, as I much prefer an electronic payment app over cash.

same. Zelle and bank wire is all I have been using lately anyway.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-way-we-sell-pinball-machines-going-to-change-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.