(Topic ID: 264212)

Is the pinball market about to collapse?

By 27dnast

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 790 posts
  • 216 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-0154 (resized).jpg
    05FCDE5F-CEE1-4A86-B2CE-6589E2E9FA4B (resized).jpeg
    C01F09B4-00B3-460F-9EBA-9DCB020E159D (resized).jpeg
    72E11B90-10A8-42A9-8864-7DA17E6E6304 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200320_125736_979 (resized).jpg
    Stern (resized).jpg
    Spanish_flu_death_chart (resized).png
    D4CFA9AC-F413-4D25-92A0-B084CE002446 (resized).jpeg
    5A8A81E5-C345-4D8B-9647-8D79CAA13D31.gif
    DSCN6705 (resized).JPG
    idiot.jpg
    27DC9CBC-E99F-4DEE-84DA-C3BF0EC5CAD6 (resized).jpeg
    2CA58ADE-0930-408A-96D0-DC660A160DC2 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN6704 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6703 (resized).JPG
    BUTTCOIN (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphX.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#409 4 years ago

Pinball market?

I’m more worried about the stock market, world economy, and societal collapse.

#415 4 years ago
    Quoted from MysticPinball:

I feel the same, particularly on the higher end, where potential loss increases in scale with the value of an item. Losing 25% value on a $2000 pinball is much easier to swallow that losing 25% on a $10k pinball. Apply as a multiple based on the size of your collection and do the math. Same goes for classic and exotic cars etc. It's a risky gamble, time will tell, speculation is all we have at the moment. Collective acts of self preservation will dictate what happens to the pinball market as this unfolds.

My take: don’t count on any kind of “return” from pinball. Invest in it what you can with full assumption that you’re getting what you pay for, no more.

Any resale down the road is a bonus, not a guarantee.

#683 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

There have been multiple break ins of bars/restaurants here since the businesses went dark. Like literally the first night of the shutdown these pieces of shit were out on the prowl, furthering the pain and stress of business owners facing an uncertain future. Makes me sick.

That is really bad to hear. It hasn't even been a month of shutdown and things already going Mad Max on us.

#692 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes but a pandemic doesn't last forever, cases will start decreasing at some point just as with every past pandemic.

Have you lived through anything like this in the US? I haven't.

#697 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

You have, though. H1N1 was more widespread and had a lot more caasualties (to date). It just did not garner the same Media Attention at the time.
    And, people still get H1N1...just not to the same degree as when it appeared.
    A lot of people here have lived through more than that. That one is just one of the most recent examples, but a lot of the older gen here lived through the Polio scare as well.
    This too will pass.

H1N1 mortality rate was 0.02%.
    CoronaVirus is 2%.

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-pandemic-vs-swine-flu.html

#730 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

Italy had 627 deaths today and around 500 each of the past 3-4 days. The death rate there is tracking between 6-8%. Many are dying who may have otherwise been treatable if not for overrun hospitals and their healthcare system on the verge of collapse.
    If California's governor is correct and 60% of that state's population gets this within the next 6-7 months, at least 250,000-500,000 will die in that state alone.
    What data do you have that suggests the US and countries like Italy should just be carrying on business as usual?

This. Italy is a 10-14 day preview of what's coming here.

#737 4 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I'm about ready to kill for a fuggin pizza right now. I didn't realize how much I ate out until now. But there is just no chance I'm going out to buy prepared food someone else cooked, touched, and packaged. It's just not worth the risk right now.

As a person who only cooks with his Amex, I am right there with you. It's a tough change but I think of the cash I am saving.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphX.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-pinball-market-about-to-collapse?tu=zaphX and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.