(Topic ID: 264212)

Is the pinball market about to collapse?

By 27dnast

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 790 posts
  • 216 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-0154 (resized).jpg
    05FCDE5F-CEE1-4A86-B2CE-6589E2E9FA4B (resized).jpeg
    C01F09B4-00B3-460F-9EBA-9DCB020E159D (resized).jpeg
    72E11B90-10A8-42A9-8864-7DA17E6E6304 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200320_125736_979 (resized).jpg
    Stern (resized).jpg
    Spanish_flu_death_chart (resized).png
    D4CFA9AC-F413-4D25-92A0-B084CE002446 (resized).jpeg
    5A8A81E5-C345-4D8B-9647-8D79CAA13D31.gif
    DSCN6705 (resized).JPG
    idiot.jpg
    27DC9CBC-E99F-4DEE-84DA-C3BF0EC5CAD6 (resized).jpeg
    2CA58ADE-0930-408A-96D0-DC660A160DC2 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN6704 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6703 (resized).JPG
    BUTTCOIN (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#295 4 years ago
    Quoted from luckymoey:

Seems like it’s the right environment for Stern to offer a 15-20% off sale for a limited time to spark sales, keep their skilled people employed, help distributors weather the storm, and tilt softer demand to weaker competitors. Since most believe this is an extraordinary situation that will ease in a relatively short time, doubt it would undermine their overall marketing/pricing strategy. It would probably get me off the sidelines for a JP2 and/or DP.

I agree 100%! They never have a sale ever. Why not throw is great and loyal customers a bone once in awhile?

#412 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

NIB companies will be fine if they will bring their pricing to a more reasonable scale. It is the near $10k pricing that is hurting them, even without this unprecedented time we are in right now. Make a profit yes, but a good product for a reasonable price will still succeed.

Nobody will be buying pinball machines at any price because people arent going to have a job if this goes on much longer. Also the people that are working will be holding onto their money and wont be buying any luxury items like a pinball machine. Sure there will be a few that would buy but not enough to keep the pinball factories going.

Everyone keeps saying "Stern will be fine". I'm not sure why anyone would think that when they have a big ass factory sitting there that they have to maintain and pay all the neccessary bills on and they arent selling games.

#417 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I just bought one today. I’m sure I’m not the only one

There will not be enough people buying if this continues to keep the doors open trust me. I can guarantee you that people at Stern are shitting their pants right now. There are tons of businesses shitting their pants right now and rightfully so.

#424 4 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

If you work, or can continue to work from home to begin with, it’s technically just another day at the office.
    Why change spending habits if the above holds true for the foreseeable future and pinball is already factored into the annual budget?
    Sure.
    Shopping at the grocery store right now kinda sucks but, hey!
    There’s always the option of supporting your favorite Mom and Pop dining establishments if they offer carry out.
    It might just be the SoCal area in particular Who-Dey but, our local pinball distributor seems to be going like gangbusters since the quarantine has been in effect.
    It’s also no coincidence that three of my single friends (not O-Din...lol) keep begging me daily to stay at my house.
    These people who play pinball regularly/socially (but, don’t own a machine,) are jonesing for a fix.
    Now that their beloved Barcades/Arcades/etc are closed, these normally happy-level-headed-coin-droppers might just get desperate enough to finally pony up for a game of their own.
    Maybe a CL beater? Maybe a NIB JPLE?
    People are known to do crazy stuff when times get like this.
    Kinda like stress eating junk food, but much more satisfying!
    Pinball will continue to thrive in the home environment.
    Hear that Gary?
    One of the three legs of your proverbial stool will be just fine!

Everyone I know almost is sitting on their money and I have friends that are losing their jobs like crazy. No way the stern factory is humming along with no worries right now.

#501 4 years ago
    Quoted from mzhulk:

Most people who own pinball machines have money, if you need to sell than you couldn't afford them in the first place.

Who are you to tell anyone that they shouldn't own a pinball machine or even 10 pinball machines? Sometimes people really love something and they save like crazy so they can get it. Should they be buying games if they have to scratch and claw like that to get the money up? Maybe not but that's their business and nobody elses. Lots of people fall on hard times and have to sell their prized possessions.

#506 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

My daughter was born in '98, so does that make her generation Z? She had no problem driving 50 miles to hang out with her old man last night even though she had to get up at 6 AM to be at her job refurbishing medical equipment. That and straight As four years straight in college.
    I think she pretty well represents that generation.

All millenials are not bad and some are actually quite good but a big majority of them are losers.

#537 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Survival of the fittest. And that also applies to all the vulnerable old farts who spent all this time pissing on the earth, over politics, etc and after the obvious many warning and did nothing to build a game plan should this happen
    So if the laws of nature and survival takes them away for this, it was their own undoing and they brought it upon them self’s
    So Gen Z’rs - keep the party going like it’s 2099!

You're a class act dude and a such a great citizen of this country. You have really showed your true colors. I bet your parents are really proud of you.

#555 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Wow, you've accomplished what I thought was the unaccomplishable. I currently almost wish one specific person on this earth would get Covid-19. It's "almost" because the person is so stupid that they don't know what Covid-19 is or does. Wow!

Hes not the smartest guy in the world that's very obvious. Hes also very disrespectful unfortunately.

#577 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

So serious question: Is take out safe? My concern would be if anyone involved with preparing or packaging the food may be sick and not even know it yet.
    I'd like to order on occasion to support local restaurants and businesses during this difficult time but just don't know what to think right now.

If someone who is preparing your food sneezes or coughs on your sandwich then you're going to eat it. Even if they touch a contaminated surface and then make your sandwich then guess what? You are going to eat those germs!

#579 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

As long as they didn't just wipe their ass, I'm good.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-pinball-market-about-to-collapse?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.