(Topic ID: 264212)

Is the pinball market about to collapse?

By 27dnast

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 790 posts
  • 216 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-0154 (resized).jpg
    05FCDE5F-CEE1-4A86-B2CE-6589E2E9FA4B (resized).jpeg
    C01F09B4-00B3-460F-9EBA-9DCB020E159D (resized).jpeg
    72E11B90-10A8-42A9-8864-7DA17E6E6304 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200320_125736_979 (resized).jpg
    Stern (resized).jpg
    Spanish_flu_death_chart (resized).png
    D4CFA9AC-F413-4D25-92A0-B084CE002446 (resized).jpeg
    5A8A81E5-C345-4D8B-9647-8D79CAA13D31.gif
    DSCN6705 (resized).JPG
    idiot.jpg
    27DC9CBC-E99F-4DEE-84DA-C3BF0EC5CAD6 (resized).jpeg
    2CA58ADE-0930-408A-96D0-DC660A160DC2 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN6704 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6703 (resized).JPG
    BUTTCOIN (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#8 4 years ago

I’d certainly be losing some sleep right now if I were someone selling ridiculously expensive non-essential luxury items.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from athens95:

Do you worry if your house is going up or down in value?

You had me until this line.

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

The real impact will be to the manufactures who can't move product, have reduced cash flow, and can't pay their debt obligations.

I wouldn't want to be a distributor right now either. The margins for them are so low that if you're not moving a large volume of games you're in trouble.

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

Ok, just curious if anyone knows if Stern still has their line going and what is still rolling off of it? If so, are distributors required to buy and stock this stuff for them?

I was thinking about that as well. I remember reading once that distributors have a certain number of LE’s they were practically obligated to order for every release otherwise they may jeopardize their ability to order future LE’s from Stern. I’d hate to have that pressure to stock high cost, low margin items during times like this.

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from spikelou2:

I have to say that this could be the end of the road for jjp ... there on the ropes and this will take them down .. no ones gonna buy a $13,000 machine when they cant make their mortgage payment

My understanding is that JJP has some seriously deep-pocketed investors so I'm fairly certain they will be able to weather the storm that is coming. How do you know they even have a mortgage?

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

It has been a year they need to announce soon less than one a year after nine years can't keep a company running

Has JJP ever actually made any profit? Why should this be any different?

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from PiNDoCToR:

I'm buying both stocks and pinball games so if anybody wants to sell these to me....
    Baffle Ball
    Five Star Final Sr.
    Jacks Open
    Royal Flush
    Target Alpha
    Count-Down
    Alien Poker
    Eight Ball
    Hollywood Heat
    Banzai Run
    Theatre of Magic
    Title Fight
    Cactus Jacks
    Surf N Safari
    Street Fighter
    Cue Ball Wizard

It's so crazy to hear how worried some people are about financial survival and being able to provide for their families.....and then there's this guy.

#297 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats way too logical....highly unlikely Stern will do anything except make more games that people won't buy, and try to force their distribution network to purchase games

This sounds more like the Stern we all know.

#308 4 years ago

The pinball industry always seemed fragile to me in the best of times. This will undoubtedly be a huge blow to manufacturers and distributors alike.

#344 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, right now things still seem fairly stable, all depends on how long this goes on for. I just sold an HUO JJP Pirates LE yesterday at what I believe is still at the higher end of the HUO market. I didn't sell the game out of panic, just wanted to free up some room for another game down the road (or tomorrow lol). Yes, I did wipe down my Escalera, door knobs, and tools with antibacterial wipes plus the buyer and I only elbowed instead of shaking hands!

Wow, thought you'd be one of the last people to let go of their JJPOTC...I'm shocked!

#349 4 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

Pirates seems like an amazing game, but the wizard modes appeared to be a little bit of a let down from what I've seen. Still, such a unique layout and the usual crazy Keith Johnson code marks my decision not to buy a standard when I had the opportunity to do so as one of my big pinball regrets.

I had a deposit on an LE the day after the reveal and canceled months later...I'm really kicking myself over that one.

#352 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I have all my investments in a row now.

I'm sure it's a nice looking portfolio.

#686 4 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I don’t believe one second the market can go down. There won’t even be a slowdown sale. Containment, idleness, internet are some factors encouraging the buyer fever and impulsive purchases.

Wow, hope I can visit your planet one day.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pipes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-pinball-market-about-to-collapse?tu=pipes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.