(Topic ID: 264212)

Is the pinball market about to collapse?

By 27dnast

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 790 posts
  • 216 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-0154 (resized).jpg
    05FCDE5F-CEE1-4A86-B2CE-6589E2E9FA4B (resized).jpeg
    C01F09B4-00B3-460F-9EBA-9DCB020E159D (resized).jpeg
    72E11B90-10A8-42A9-8864-7DA17E6E6304 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200320_125736_979 (resized).jpg
    Stern (resized).jpg
    Spanish_flu_death_chart (resized).png
    D4CFA9AC-F413-4D25-92A0-B084CE002446 (resized).jpeg
    5A8A81E5-C345-4D8B-9647-8D79CAA13D31.gif
    DSCN6705 (resized).JPG
    idiot.jpg
    27DC9CBC-E99F-4DEE-84DA-C3BF0EC5CAD6 (resized).jpeg
    2CA58ADE-0930-408A-96D0-DC660A160DC2 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN6704 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6703 (resized).JPG
    BUTTCOIN (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

I'm trying to stop them - they want to go out for dinner, play golf, everything they normally do, but they're now more adamant as if to prove they're still young.
    Maybe just my parents have issues.

Maybe your parents have got it right and the rest of the people have it wrong. My father is 91 and he still wants to do everything. It is not the world owes them a living, more like they appreciate what they have and want to enjoy it as much as possible. I am starting to agree with them.

My Dad said that it is his responsibility to look after himself. He has bought masks and wears them when he goes out. My Dad is a legend. He survived WW2, then a civil war, then fought in Korea. He helped in Vietnam. People push him out of the way in the shops to get to toilet paper before him. Thank god we have sorted that for the next few days.

More people have died so far in 2020 from the common flu than corona virus.

If Pinball crashes it will be straight back up like everything else. People need to stop wishing doom and gloom.

#403 4 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Bolted to the floor means nothing when the floor collapses.
    noob-a-tron is 100% correct - NIB game prices were already at "that's ridiculous" price levels before this. They'll really be unobtanium now - $16k TMNT LE anyone?

We would still buy as long as we can sell a machine first. We have been like that for a few years. I think some games will still hold their value, some games will not. You have to take the good with the bad and we have had it very good for a long time. My wife and I want to enjoy the hobby for as long as we can.

Munsters is not a good example. A LE was always going to be a tough sell in Australia. 60 came in and everybody that wanted one got a new one and the game has not been out very long. Simple supply and demand. That is always the risk when you buy a new game that no one has played. We know that and I am sure you do too. We have one and I love it.

#534 4 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I’m just glad we still have waves to surf.[quoted image]

I do not think anyone can take that away from us.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballaddicted.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-pinball-market-about-to-collapse?tu=pinballaddicted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.