(Topic ID: 264212)

Is the pinball market about to collapse?

By 27dnast

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 790 posts
  • 216 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-0154 (resized).jpg
    05FCDE5F-CEE1-4A86-B2CE-6589E2E9FA4B (resized).jpeg
    C01F09B4-00B3-460F-9EBA-9DCB020E159D (resized).jpeg
    72E11B90-10A8-42A9-8864-7DA17E6E6304 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200320_125736_979 (resized).jpg
    Stern (resized).jpg
    Spanish_flu_death_chart (resized).png
    D4CFA9AC-F413-4D25-92A0-B084CE002446 (resized).jpeg
    5A8A81E5-C345-4D8B-9647-8D79CAA13D31.gif
    DSCN6705 (resized).JPG
    idiot.jpg
    27DC9CBC-E99F-4DEE-84DA-C3BF0EC5CAD6 (resized).jpeg
    2CA58ADE-0930-408A-96D0-DC660A160DC2 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN6704 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6703 (resized).JPG
    BUTTCOIN (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffro01.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

zero chance it takes a decade to recover....everything will be back to par in 6 months

No way that's true, and if I were you'd I'd seriously take a step back and look at the situation again... Several areas of the country about about to go through a period that will kill potentially thousands of businesses and those ripple effects will take YEARS to recover from, certainly not months. Decade? Yeah that may be a bit long but 6 months is comical... We're still going to be dealing with this 6 months from now much less "back to par".

Jeff

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

we might be dealing with this for a while, but zero chance this takes years to recover.....if you think so completely delusional

The only delusional one here is you... What do you think is going to happen to the economy when millions are laid off? How long did it take to recover from the last recession? Nearly 10 years... Come on... I'm not here to predict exact times but you're completely off your rocker if you think there's zero chance this takes years to recover from.

Jeff

#461 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If you have 10+ (or even 5 - 10) years left to work I would not be cashing out your 401k, that's probably the worst possible thing you can do right now. Your 401k has already taken a big hit at this point and by taking an early withdrawal it will take a 10% penalty hit plus another 25% - 30% in taxes. The stock market will go back up. Yes, it may take 5 years to get back and surpass the recent record peak but when you have 10+ years to retire who cares!

I'll never understand why people panic over their 401K if they're more than 5yrs from 68... Most people in the US retire at that age for social security reasons but if you're retiring earlier or later the same 5yr rule would apply. Under 5yrs? I'd seek the advice of a professional who can perhaps help you guide your money into less volatile assets to limit your short term losses or a combination of moves. Yeah my 401K is down 25% from just a month ago, it sucks, but I just stopped looking and everyone else should as well...

Jeff

#481 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

They don't invent things. They steal them.

That's a staggeringly ignorant thing to say... Yikes...

Jeff

#485 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Single biggest perpetrators of technological theft in the world.

That's not what you said initially, but whatever. China and its people have invented a number of things this world takes for granted on a daily basis but again, whatever. I'm not saying patent theft isn't real and that China doesn't engage in it, all I'm saying here is broad generalizations are the last thing we need right now and it just makes people look the opposite of smart.

Jeff

#583 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I could give two shits if you agree with me or not....its reality dude....face it...u may have already got the virus and never knew it....we may all get this shit or something else...I'm not gonna live my life in a bubble...at some point the President will have to put an end to this bullshit and roll the dice, but were in an election year so if you think its not political your a moron

Just stop, seriously. Yes we all get it, you refuse to grasp the seriousness of the situation and blah, blah, blah... Luckily for those who are most vulnerable, you represent the minority vote on this one. POTUS should listen to what the health experts are saying, and follow their guidance. Period. You can try to inject politics and whatever into this but the reality is the only people who should be making these decisions are those most qualified to do so.

Jeff

#752 4 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I appreciate the concern, but our governor is a moron.

I respectfully disagree. Perfect? Nope, not even close. Professional virtue signaler? Yep, agree there. Moron? No, not even close...

Jeff

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffro01.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-pinball-market-about-to-collapse?tu=jeffro01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.