(Topic ID: 264212)

Is the pinball market about to collapse?

By 27dnast

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 790 posts
  • 216 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-0154 (resized).jpg
    05FCDE5F-CEE1-4A86-B2CE-6589E2E9FA4B (resized).jpeg
    C01F09B4-00B3-460F-9EBA-9DCB020E159D (resized).jpeg
    72E11B90-10A8-42A9-8864-7DA17E6E6304 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200320_125736_979 (resized).jpg
    Stern (resized).jpg
    Spanish_flu_death_chart (resized).png
    D4CFA9AC-F413-4D25-92A0-B084CE002446 (resized).jpeg
    5A8A81E5-C345-4D8B-9647-8D79CAA13D31.gif
    DSCN6705 (resized).JPG
    idiot.jpg
    27DC9CBC-E99F-4DEE-84DA-C3BF0EC5CAD6 (resized).jpeg
    2CA58ADE-0930-408A-96D0-DC660A160DC2 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN6704 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6703 (resized).JPG
    BUTTCOIN (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#380 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

It's going to hurt the pinball market. If you look at my post history I have been Rick and Morty's biggest cheerleader. I just put my spot up because if I got the call today that mine was ready I'd hesitate before writing the check. I still love pinball and am still keeping my machines, but I need to keep my powder dry and an additional $6,000 outflow just isn't in the cards right now. This is coming from someone with a very stable job.

Times must be tuff since you had to list your spot for only about a 2k profit.
    Sheesh.

#390 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just sold it to a local pinsider who has hooked me up before for the price of the deposit.

Good man.

#627 4 years ago

I spoke with a friend of mine tonight that is a distributor for CGC.
    He told me they sold several NIB pins in the last couple of days.
    We talked about it a bit and our take on it is that people want new pins to play while they are staying home.

#778 4 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Sorry, but I have to step in here with all this talk of Italy and US. Yes, America has more TOTAL older people than Italy, and yes, America has more TOTAL people of all ages than Italy; however, that is neither here nor there, since America also has much more land area and it's people are much more spread out.
    To talk numbers, Italy has 518 people per square mile. The US only has 87 people per square mile. Italy has about 23% of it's population aged 65+, while the US has about 15% of it's population 65+. Roughly.
    So basically, in any given square mile of the country, Italy has more people packed closer together, and more of them are older. Also, in a lot of European cultures, like in Italy, it is (or was until now) quite common for people to greet each other with kiss on the cheek. If you've got family or close friends in Europe, you know this.
    So given the significant disparities between the US and Italy, it IS like Apples an Oranges to make direct comparisons between Italy and US when it comes to contagion spreading and mortality. Certainly Italy provides a sad warning of what CAN happen, but it would be somewhat foolish to expect our outbreak results to follow theirs. It is simply a fact that a contagion like COVID-19 will have a harder time spreading as quickly in most of the US, than it will in Italy.
    I hope I made sense here! (Also, these numbers are easily found with a basic google-search, so I haven't bothered including the links, but if you desire, go ahead!)

That logic doesn’t boad well for people living in major cities.
    New York City - 26,403 per square mile.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-pinball-market-about-to-collapse?tu=coindork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.