(Topic ID: 264212)

Is the pinball market about to collapse?

By 27dnast

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 790 posts
  • 216 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-0154 (resized).jpg
    05FCDE5F-CEE1-4A86-B2CE-6589E2E9FA4B (resized).jpeg
    C01F09B4-00B3-460F-9EBA-9DCB020E159D (resized).jpeg
    72E11B90-10A8-42A9-8864-7DA17E6E6304 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200320_125736_979 (resized).jpg
    Stern (resized).jpg
    Spanish_flu_death_chart (resized).png
    D4CFA9AC-F413-4D25-92A0-B084CE002446 (resized).jpeg
    5A8A81E5-C345-4D8B-9647-8D79CAA13D31.gif
    DSCN6705 (resized).JPG
    idiot.jpg
    27DC9CBC-E99F-4DEE-84DA-C3BF0EC5CAD6 (resized).jpeg
    2CA58ADE-0930-408A-96D0-DC660A160DC2 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN6704 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6703 (resized).JPG
    BUTTCOIN (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#427 4 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

If you work, or can continue to work from home to begin with, it’s technically just another day at the office.
    Why change spending habits if the above holds true for the foreseeable future and pinball is already factored into the annual budget?
    Sure.
    Shopping at the grocery store right now kinda sucks but, hey!
    There’s always the option of supporting your favorite Mom and Pop dining establishments if they offer carry out.
    It might just be the SoCal area in particular Who-Dey but, our local pinball distributor seems to be going like gangbusters since the quarantine has been in effect.
    It’s also no coincidence that three of my single friends (not O-Din...lol) keep begging me daily to stay at my house.
    These people who play pinball regularly/socially (but, don’t own a machine,) are jonesing for a fix.
    Now that their beloved Barcades/Arcades/etc are closed, these normally happy-level-headed-coin-droppers might just get desperate enough to finally pony up for a game of their own.
    Maybe a CL beater? Maybe a NIB JPLE?
    Folks do some crazy irrational stuff when times get like this.
    Kinda like stress eating junk food, but much more satisfying!
    Pinball will continue to thrive in the home environment.
    Hear that Gary?
    One of the three legs of your proverbial stool will be just fine!

There will for sure be people who are able to keep shopping, they will however not keep helping the price from dropping.
    Why?

When prices are dropping, smart people able to Buy, will wait, because the prices will keep dropping.
    It's not unrealistic to see a 50% or more drop if people are layed of or worried.

#462 4 years ago
    Quoted from Don44:

I work at a YMCA camp and all of our groups are cancelling and I fear there will not be a summer camp this year which is about half of our business. I don't think I will be needed there much longer so I will probably lose my job, at least temporarily. Many will be in the same boat and the US is definitely going to be in a recession for at least a year so this will drive down pin prices but the pinball market will not collapse. Everything will get back to normal but it may take a year or more.
    As far as the virus goes, I do think about 100 million Americans will get it and at a 2% mortality rate, 2 million will die. I am a food service worker and I have been taking the virus very seriously but I see many people not taking this seriously enough. I tried to establish some serious protocols at work and I was told by my supervisor I was being overly concerned. I wound up caving on some of the protocols but had to stand my ground on others. I hope I am wrong about 2 million people dying but I have never seen anything escalate this quickly in my life and I think there is a reason for this.

I hope it passes as fast and gentle as possible. To be frank, there are probebly biochemists all over the world working Day and night for a vaccin. Lets hope they come thru.
    Stay safe people and there will hopefully be lots of work available when this is over.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-pinball-market-about-to-collapse?tu=Dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.