(Topic ID: 264212)

Is the pinball market about to collapse?

By 27dnast

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 790 posts
  • 216 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-0154 (resized).jpg
    05FCDE5F-CEE1-4A86-B2CE-6589E2E9FA4B (resized).jpeg
    C01F09B4-00B3-460F-9EBA-9DCB020E159D (resized).jpeg
    72E11B90-10A8-42A9-8864-7DA17E6E6304 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200320_125736_979 (resized).jpg
    Stern (resized).jpg
    Spanish_flu_death_chart (resized).png
    D4CFA9AC-F413-4D25-92A0-B084CE002446 (resized).jpeg
    5A8A81E5-C345-4D8B-9647-8D79CAA13D31.gif
    DSCN6705 (resized).JPG
    idiot.jpg
    27DC9CBC-E99F-4DEE-84DA-C3BF0EC5CAD6 (resized).jpeg
    2CA58ADE-0930-408A-96D0-DC660A160DC2 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN6704 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6703 (resized).JPG
    BUTTCOIN (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.
    #601 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And the piece de resistance! NimblePin's homemade rice crispy treats.

Damn. You know how to survive an apocalypse.

LTG : )

#602 4 years ago

Man,
    O-din sure can grow some produce!
    The lemon on the left is 6” tall and 15” round!
    Sure, it’s probably mostly rind but, damn that lemon is thicc boy!

D4CFA9AC-F413-4D25-92A0-B084CE002446 (resized).jpegD4CFA9AC-F413-4D25-92A0-B084CE002446 (resized).jpeg
    #603 4 years ago

For one of the first times in my life, it makes me happy to be "non-essential personal".

And yes, I have some BIG lemons.

Quoted from LTG:

Damn. You know how to survive an apocalypse.
    LTG : )

I've been ready for this for decades.

#604 4 years ago

This thread is dumb

#605 4 years ago

It just got dumber.

#606 4 years ago

Ice is that you?

#607 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

As long as they didn't just wipe their ass, I'm good.

And we all thought Hep-A was a big deal until this COVID-19 thing came along....

#608 4 years ago

First casualty. Prices are still up there though

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/93562

#609 4 years ago
    #610 4 years ago

the government can help us all feel better by letting prisoners to walk among us during these uncertain times

#611 4 years ago
    Quoted from smognote:

the government can help us all feel better by letting prisoners to walk among us during these uncertain times

Still in discussions. Wait until next Friday.

#613 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:Deleted post

Yes, they usually appear in the middle of the night when I'm fast asleep to remind me that last minute meme I posted wasn't as funny as I thought it was.

#614 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

My lungs aren't completely healthy so with all due respect, yes I am that paranoid, and no, I'm not going to pretend this is harmless and live my life as if it is business as usual.
    I would recommend you do the same for your family if you're not concerned about your own health.The data coming out of Italy suggests the hospitalization rate for this is much higher than what we were told by China (and it isn't just older, unhealthy people). I trust Italy far more than the Chinese government btw.
    I'm not saying don't do takeout as our already struggling businesses and restaurants need the support.
    I can clean and take precautions with food I buy and cook myself from the store. With prepared takeout, I cant, so I guess I'm unwilling to take the risk at this point. That is an individual decision, however, so I'm glad there are others buying food and supporting restaurants right now.

So we are not eating out... at least not for a few weeks. Remember your Darwin, those who adapt to the new environment are the ones to survive. Those that continue on as they were are the ones that die off.

Maybe things are perfectly ok, and we are over-reacting, but maybe they are not. Either way, our family is going to adapt and live cautiously until we have more information. I would rather be cautious and alive rather than a dead cynic.

#615 4 years ago

They are probably too busy buying up those sweet pinball firesale deals.

#616 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I’ve thought about this to & would like to support the local restaurants. ~140 degrees F will kill it...so, I suppose putting the takeout food in the oven for a bit should render it safe, right? Low enough to just reheat the food, but kill the virus?

I thought about this too.... I am more comfortable with hot food than sandwiches and such. I'll probably stay away from Subway and other similar places until this blows over.

#617 4 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I thought about this too.... I am more comfortable with hot food than sandwiches and such. I'll probably stay away from Subway and other similar places until this blows over.

I’m not dying over Subway lol...but a few hot pizzas or a Thai food might be nice and last a few days.

#618 4 years ago

I'm not sure germs could live on Little Caesars pizza, and they look as busy as ever.

#620 4 years ago
    Quoted from smognote:

Actually, they already have.. Rod Blagojevich is free in Illinois now.

#621 4 years ago
    Quoted from Powdevil:

Actually, they already have.. Rod Blagojevich is free in Illinois now.

I swear I heard/read that they let a bunch out today somewhere, and are trying to get more out. I assume it wasn't the worst of the worst at this point.

#622 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m not dying over Subway lol...but a few hot pizzas or a Thai food might be nice and last a few days.

That's the truth!

Subway is responsible for the sickest I have ever been in my life. I was a grad student and running late for a class, so I stopped by Subway for dinner. The "Sandwich artist" making my sub was clearly sick. He was coughing and had a runny nose. I kept telling myself, "I should NOT EAT THIS ITALIAN SUB" ...but I was hungry and late, so I ate it anyway. For the next week, I ran a fever over 102F and was nearly hospitalized.

Lesson learned.

#623 4 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

That's the truth!
    Subway is responsible for the sickest I have ever been in my life. I was a grad student and running late for a class, so I stopped by Subway for dinner. The "Sandwich artist" making my sub was clearly sick. He was coughing and had a runny nose. I kept telling myself, "I should NOT EAT THIS ITALIAN SUB" ...but I was hungry and late, so I ate it anyway. For the next week, I ran a fever over 102F and was nearly hospitalized.
    Lesson learned.

You would have been fine if you'd nuked it

#624 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I swear I heard/read that they let a bunch out today somewhere, and are trying to get more out. I assume it wasn't the worst of the worst at this point.

Wow, you’re right. They turned them loose in LA.

#625 4 years ago

Non violent offenders, who cares. LAPD is a racket anyway so. Maybe those prisoners release will buy some of the $8K Theater of Magic’s for sale

Pinball collapse still nowhere to be found

#626 4 years ago

Not yet...I just sold an Alien for asking in 2 days flat.

#627 4 years ago

I spoke with a friend of mine tonight that is a distributor for CGC.
    He told me they sold several NIB pins in the last couple of days.
    We talked about it a bit and our take on it is that people want new pins to play while they are staying home.

#628 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

We talked about it a bit and our take on it is that people want new pins to play while they are staying home.

Yes, I know a local distributor, perhaps the same one, that has been very busy especially as of late. How long this lasts is yet to be determined.

#629 4 years ago

I see 766 pinball machines for sale on Pinside. I’ll track these and see how that number goes up or stays the same

#630 4 years ago

Here is a bit of a reality ... most of the people who're buying pinball in the first place are typically over the age of 45. Meaning most of these people are somewhat established in life, they have some money tucked away. What is happening here is going to HIT the paycheck to paycheck people the hardest, so bad in fact it might take years to recover.

Those folks take the biggest hit of anyone. But now that 45 plus crowd are seeing their stocks go down the tubes, their 401 k's slide into oblivion, panic setting in everywhere about what is going to happen not what is happening. Buying pinballs is going to slow to a crawl its just that simple.

Why would anyone buy right now when they don't know what tomorrow is going to bring? If the government prints 1 trillion new dollars, you're going to get inflation like we've never seen before, 8500 dollars today is worth 4500 tomorrow.

The sound thing to do right now is just take a deep breath and see what happens over the next 10 days. I'm hoping everything is going to calm way down.

Honestly what I think you're going to see more of right now is trading ... this machine for that machine or this machine and $500 for that machine.

No one knows until the panic part of this settles down. Its unknown and when you're dealing with unknowns you just wait and see what happens. Pinball will be fine if this panic level drops over the next 14 days.

#631 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Here is a bit of a reality ... most of the people who're buying pinball in the first place are typically over the age of 45. Meaning most of these people are somewhat established in life, they have some money tucked away. What is happening here is going to HIT the paycheck to paycheck people the hardest, so bad in fact it might take years to recover.
    Those folks take the biggest hit of anyone. But now that 45 plus crowd are seeing their stocks go down the tubes, their 401 k's slide into oblivion, panic setting in everywhere about what is going to happen not what is happening. Buying pinballs is going to slow to a crawl its just that simple.
    Why would anyone buy right now when they don't know what tomorrow is going to bring? If the government prints 1 trillion new dollars, you're going to get inflation like we've never seen before, 8500 dollars today is worth 4500 tomorrow.
    The sound thing to do right now is just take a deep breath and see what happens over the next 10 days. I'm hoping everything is going to calm way down.
    Honestly what I think you're going to see more of right now is trading ... this machine for that machine or this machine and $500 for that machine.
    No one knows until the panic part of this settles down. Its unknown and when you're dealing with unknowns you just wait and see what happens. Pinball will be fine if this panic level drops over the next 14 days.

Always so many words and so dramatic. My 401k didn’t slide into oblivion, but it is down 20% on the year. It’ll bounce back. Oh and I just ordered a JP Prem NIB. Horray pinball! Boo lots of scary words

#632 4 years ago

So many people still in denial. Are we going to have the same conversation 10-15 days from now when US hospitals are overrun and companies are laying off employees and closing down by the day?

#633 4 years ago

Plenty of opportunity too. Delivery drivers in high demand, amazon hiring to keep up with demand. It’s not all bad, but it’s not great either. By the end of the Year we’ll be back to normal and the markets will have recovered at least half what they lost.

#634 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

My 401k didn’t slide into oblivion, but it is down 20% on the year. It’ll bounce back. Oh and I just ordered a JP Prem NIB. Horray pinball! Boo lots of scary words

Good for you mister bragger... glad to hear you got to buy yourself a brand new pinball game. You know you could have donated that money to someone who lost their job like a local waitress. I think you totally missed my point because your obviously clueless. Personally I don't think we should have closed restaurants and put so many paycheck to paycheck people out of work but that what has happened. You saying your 401k has only taken a 20% hit oh I guess that is no big deal. Many elderly people live off their 401k, and 20% today how about 40% in two weeks.

Dude face reality no one is going to be buying new pinball games until they know how this ends up. You bragging about it shows what kind of person you are!

I think I did mention that many people have the means to do so, they can weather the storm a bit better, but 60% of Americans right now have no way to buy a pinball game or even a loaf of bread!

Have you seen people losing their minds on facebook? You really think anyone is thinking about buying pinball games? Seriously? I'm 110% trying to be positive, I believe by April 1st hopefully everyone goes back to work, and things can turn around. I am hoping but between now and then the last thing anyone is thinking about is pinball... they're thinking about getting sick, they're thinking about losing their job, they're thinking about what if the world goes nuts! Just read facebook and you'll see 100 million different things people are thinking about it.

And this is why you will NOT see a reveal from stern or anyone else until this ends. DUH!

#635 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

It’s not all bad

You’re right. It’s about 95% bad. +\- 5%.

#636 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Plenty of opportunity too. Delivery drivers in high demand, amazon hiring to keep up with demand. It’s not all bad, but it’s not great either. By the end of the Year we’ll be back to normal and the markets will have recovered at least half what they lost.

Set a reminder to revisit this comment in 3 months........

#637 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Good for you mister bragger... glad to hear you got to buy yourself a brand new pinball game. You know you could have donated that money to someone who lost their job like a local waitress. I think you totally missed my point because your obviously clueless. Personally I don't think we should have closed restaurants and put so many paycheck to paycheck people out of work but that what has happened. You saying your 401k has only taken a 20% hit oh I guess that is no big deal. Many elderly people live off their 401k, and 20% today how about 40% in two weeks.
    Dude face reality no one is going to be buying new pinball games until they know how this ends up. You bragging about it shows what kind of person you are!
    I think I did mention that many people have the means to do so, they can weather the storm a bit better, but 60% of Americans right now have no way to buy a pinball game or even a loaf of bread!
    Have you seen people losing their minds on facebook? You really think anyone is thinking about buying pinball games? Seriously? I'm 110% trying to be positive, I believe by April 1st hopefully everyone goes back to work, and things can turn around. I am hoping but between now and then the last thing anyone is thinking about is pinball... they're thinking about getting sick, they're thinking about losing their job, they're thinking about what if the world goes nuts! Just read facebook and you'll see 100 million different things people are thinking about it.
    And this is why you will NOT see a reveal from stern or anyone else until this ends. DUH!

So many words again. Hurts my head.

#638 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

April 1? That's just flat crazy.

#639 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

So many words again. Hurts my head.

Sorry that you never learned to read because if you could you'd see people in complete panic mod. You would read about how the state of Cali just closed down the entire state, and Ohio is planning the same thing. That is putting people OUT OF WORK! In case you can't read Cali produces a lot of our food so now what? Maybe you could eat some of those pinballs brother.

I have to say it man you're very cruel! I already posted on my facebook page if I get a check from the federal government for 1k, I'm going to donate that to someone who's lost their job not buy a brand NIB game. Seriously you've got issues.

#640 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Sorry that you never learned to read because if you could you'd see people in complete panic mod. You would read about how the state of Cali just closed down the entire state, and Ohio is planning the same thing. That is putting people OUT OF WORK! In case you can't read Cali produces a lot of our food so now what? Maybe you could eat some of those pinballs brother.
    I have to say it man you're very cruel! I already posted on my facebook page if I get a check from the federal government for 1k, I'm going to donate that to someone who's lost their job not buy a brand NIB game. Seriously you've got issues.

Food production is considered an essential service and isn’t shutdown.

#641 4 years ago
    Quoted from okgrak:

April 1? That's just flat crazy.

No its not crazy the country can't sustain this for much longer. I really do think you're going to see people calm down over the next 10 days, and business are going to gradually re-open. I"m not saying all the craziness ends, I'm saying I believe its going to start easing and heading back to a level where people can work. I really do think that I'm being optimistic that things are going to change for the better. I'm not going to sit around and hope for the worst.

#642 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Food production is considered an essential service and isn’t shutdown.

Cali announced a complete state shutdown other than essential services no mention of the farms. But it sounds like for you an essential services is buying NIB pinball games. Clearly you don't care about the people out of a job, because to you its not that bad. Dude you're a cruel cruel person.

#643 4 years ago

I’m in Cali and I’m not staying in. I’m going to get what I need done and then chill out with a beer and pinball. Should I get the Coronavirus, well, I’ll pick up some Coronas and a lime

#644 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Cali announced a complete state shutdown other than essential services no mention of the farms. But it sounds like for you an essential services is buying NIB pinball games. Clearly you don't care about the people out of a job, because to you its not that bad. Dude you're a cruel cruel person.

You don’t think buying a pinball machine helps put food on the distributors table, not to mention the tables of stern employees and all of their supply chain vendors. It’s helping keep the economy alive. Not sure how that makes me a cruel person......

Keep in mind all $7395 of the cost of the NIB goes to people. The distributor, the shipping company, stern, down stream vendors. All the way down the line till $0 is left. It all went to people. Lots of people who would like to keep their jobs. If everyone stops buying NIB all those jobs will be lost.

#645 4 years ago

The entire travel industry is completely shut down. Airlines, Hotels, Airbnb and short term rentals, restaurants, bars, sporting events, venues, all closed. The real estate market has ground to a complete halt, automotive sales are going to drop to zero. Let’s factor in the supply chain and service industry that is servicing these industries..... but the food production industry is strong. Are people going to eat more now that’s the Coronavirus is happening?

#646 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

You don’t think buying a pinball machine helps put food on the distributors table, not to mention the tables of stern employees and all of their supply chain vendors. It’s helping keep the economy alive. Not sure how that makes me a cruel person......

Yeah I bought a machine. I’m staying in business. Not everything is shut down. If you stop supporting business well that’s not going to help

#647 4 years ago
    Quoted from okgrak:

The entire travel industry is completely shut down. Airlines, Hotels, Airbnb and short term rentals, restaurants, bars, sporting events, venues, all closed. The real estate market has ground to a complete halt, automotive sales are going to drop to zero. Let’s factor in the supply chain and service industry that is servicing these industries..... but the food production industry is strong. Are people going to eat more now that’s the Coronavirus is happening?

For better or worse doctors are running the worlds’ economies at the moment.

#648 4 years ago

I too just purchased a jurassic park premium, not all is bad. If you are 45 it's not all bad the stock market is down 20% I can't touch that money until I am 57 anyways by than it will probably be up 100% from it is now and you are buying at a much cheaper rate. The people who got temp laid of are getting free money it's called unemployment. People need to follow precautions and calm down, the world is not ending and pinball will survive, the pinball community is so strong and its bigger than it ever was.

#649 4 years ago
    Quoted from okgrak:

So many people still in denial. Are we going to have the same conversation 10-15 days from now when US hospitals are overrun and companies are laying off employees and closing down by the day?

I work for an air freight charter company, no passengers, strictly cargo, 90% automotive parts. We were told yesterday that due to the work stoppages throughout the industry, we have to take a 5 day unpaid furlough to help out the company. We can spread it out over the next 60 days, so I'm taking 5 3-day weekends for the next 5 weeks.

Wonder if I'm eligible for one of those $1000 checks Mnuchin wants to mail out.

#650 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Things won't be better in 14 days. It is going to take months.

There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-pinball-market-about-to-collapse/page/13?hl=gunnut40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.