(Topic ID: 264212)

Is the pinball market about to collapse?

By 27dnast

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 790 posts
  • 216 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-0154 (resized).jpg
    05FCDE5F-CEE1-4A86-B2CE-6589E2E9FA4B (resized).jpeg
    C01F09B4-00B3-460F-9EBA-9DCB020E159D (resized).jpeg
    72E11B90-10A8-42A9-8864-7DA17E6E6304 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200320_125736_979 (resized).jpg
    Stern (resized).jpg
    Spanish_flu_death_chart (resized).png
    D4CFA9AC-F413-4D25-92A0-B084CE002446 (resized).jpeg
    5A8A81E5-C345-4D8B-9647-8D79CAA13D31.gif
    DSCN6705 (resized).JPG
    idiot.jpg
    27DC9CBC-E99F-4DEE-84DA-C3BF0EC5CAD6 (resized).jpeg
    2CA58ADE-0930-408A-96D0-DC660A160DC2 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN6704 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6703 (resized).JPG
    BUTTCOIN (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 16.
    #551 4 years ago

If the CAD & USD dollar collapse, there maybe a alternative currency that can fund our next pins . . .

BUTTCOIN (resized).jpegBUTTCOIN (resized).jpeg
    #552 4 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I’m just glad we still have waves to surf.[quoted image]

Don't know about over there, but in Sydney everything is so freakin' clean since the airport, china, manufacturing, commuters etc have been shut down. Last night the stars were so clear it was like I was way out in the bush 30 years ago - and I live 2km from the centre of Sydney. Today the sky is ridiculously blue. Smells like the bush and ocean instead of fumes.

Anyone see that stuff about dolphins and swans in the canals in Venice?

Starting to think we need to do this for 4 weeks every year.

#553 4 years ago

Just told my Wife NIB is dead and she seemed so happy so i replied all my money will be spent in Thailand when this is over.

#554 4 years ago

Even if it gets delayed, I'm still all in on Rick and Morty. Should help break up some of the monotony.

#555 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Wow, you've accomplished what I thought was the unaccomplishable. I currently almost wish one specific person on this earth would get Covid-19. It's "almost" because the person is so stupid that they don't know what Covid-19 is or does. Wow!

Hes not the smartest guy in the world that's very obvious. Hes also very disrespectful unfortunately.

#556 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You're a class act dude and a such a great citizen of this country. You have really showed your true colors. I bet your parents are really proud of you.

You’re welcome

#557 4 years ago

I was thinking about that last night. I'd rather get a small dose of the virus now since I am stuck at home anyway, than wait until Summer after the world is alive again.

Reality is I probably already got exposed and didn't even know it.

#558 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was thinking about that last night. I'd rather get a small dose of the virus now since I am stuck at home anyway, than wait until Summer after the world is alive again.
    Reality is I probably already got exposed and didn't even know it.

I was thinking the same thing. We actually don’t know how many people already got it and are fine, just like the flu

#559 4 years ago
    Quoted from okgrak:

Someone needs to start a distraction thread where we can go back to endlessly debating inconsequential bullsh*t.

That life is over. Sorry.

#560 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I was thinking the same thing. We actually don’t know how many people already got it and are fine, just like the flu

The amount of Chinese fresh off the boat that come into my work almost assures me I was already exposed.

#561 4 years ago

Nimble's grubhub service has arrived! They call these "street tacos". They must have very small streets in Mexico.

DSCN6703 (resized).JPGDSCN6703 (resized).JPG
    #562 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Nimble's grubhub service has arrived! They call these "street tacos". They must have very small streets in Mexico.[quoted image]

Damn I’m hungry right now. I’m looking for those Rn on Grubhub. Probably go good with a Corona

#563 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

You’re welcome

Nothing to be proud of... I figured your original post was just a tasteless joke.

#565 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Nimble's grubhub service has arrived! They call these "street tacos". They must have very small streets in Mexico.[quoted image]

So serious question: Is take out safe? My concern would be if anyone involved with preparing or packaging the food may be sick and not even know it yet.

I'd like to order on occasion to support local restaurants and businesses during this difficult time but just don't know what to think right now.

#566 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

Go back to School it adds 20%

So my NZ 10k got me 6.5 US. Now my 10K gets me 5.6k US … is that not $900 more? or 9%?

#567 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Thats 100% spot on ... millions may get this virus and never know it....we need to get back to reality and stop with all this non sense...if your old and unhealthy than by all means quarantine yourself....personally I think this is 50% political, 25% health, 25% total bull shit

#568 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has anybody here actually completed a buy/sell deal since the shit went down last week?

My brother did yesterday, sold a Lost World for $1300.

#569 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

So serious question: Is take out safe? My concern would be if anyone involved with preparing or packaging the food may be sick and not even know it yet.
    I'd like to order on occasion to support local restaurants and businesses during this difficult time but just don't know what to think right now.

Are your really that paranoid? How do you know anything u eat doesn't carry the virus....the reality is you don't...just be smart and live your life as you normally would....

#570 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

Sure, the guy who prepared your food could have it, but so could the guy who stocked the grocery store shelves today. All you can do is take reasonable precautions and hope for the best. Unless you can grow your own food, and not need any outside items (clothes, gas, etc) you can come into contact with it.

#571 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats 100% spot on ... millions may get this virus and never know it....we need to get back to reality and stop with all this non sense...if your old and unhealthy than by all means quarantine yourself....personally I think this is 50% political, 25% health, 25% total bull shit

And I think you should stop embarrassing yourself by typing your thoughts.

#572 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And I think you should stop embarrassing yourself by typing your thoughts.

I could give two shits if you agree with me or not....its reality dude....face it...u may have already got the virus and never knew it....we may all get this shit or something else...I'm not gonna live my life in a bubble...at some point the President will have to put an end to this bullshit and roll the dice, but were in an election year so if you think its not political your a moron

#573 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Has anybody here actually completed a buy/sell deal since the shit went down last week?

I have a sale setup for tomorrow. Got a bunch of offers too on my listings. Definitely would have sold for more a couple months ago but the market isn't dead.

Sales and prices will drop, but I also think there will be people finding some great deals. I know there were people in the 2008 recession that snatched up a lot of good machines for cheap.

Also, if you're going to be quarantined at home for the next couple months, it could be a good time to buy a project machine and fix it up. I know I'm using the next couple months to make some home improvements with the time. There's only so many shows I can binge through.

#574 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

So serious question: Is take out safe?

Why are you asking hermit O-Din?
    I’m the one doing the driving! lol

All the places I’ve been to have switched to carry out only and I’m fine with that. Shutting down completely would be not wise.
    All surfaces at Poncho’s Tacos were being cleaned while I stood there waiting and everyone was very attentive, professional and dare I say, “in the moment.”

Food was fresh/great as usual and the best part?
    They were VERY happy to see me...a paying customer!

(No hard fought COVID canned pantry reserves were opened either... )

#575 4 years ago

Safe enough to fill our bellies. Tasty too.

#576 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Are your really that paranoid? How do you know anything u eat doesn't carry the virus....the reality is you don't...just be smart and live your life as you normally would....

My lungs aren't completely healthy so with all due respect, yes I am that paranoid, and no, I'm not going to pretend this is harmless and live my life as if it is business as usual.

I would recommend you do the same for your family if you're not concerned about your own health.The data coming out of Italy suggests the hospitalization rate for this is much higher than what we were told by China (and it isn't just older, unhealthy people). I trust Italy far more than the Chinese government btw.

I'm not saying don't do takeout as our already struggling businesses and restaurants need the support.

I can clean and take precautions with food I buy and cook myself from the store. With prepared takeout, I cant, so I guess I'm unwilling to take the risk at this point. That is an individual decision, however, so I'm glad there are others buying food and supporting restaurants right now.

#577 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

If someone who is preparing your food sneezes or coughs on your sandwich then you're going to eat it. Even if they touch a contaminated surface and then make your sandwich then guess what? You are going to eat those germs!

#578 4 years ago

As long as they didn't just wipe their ass, I'm good.

#579 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

#580 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Those butt wipers exist whether or not Covid 19 threat exists.

#581 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Plus, as much crap and drain pipe runoff we’ve surfed in our collective tenure, I don’t think there’s a naturally occurring virus out there that can compete with what our immune systems have already fought/survived through.

Thankfully, our ocean seems a lot cleaner now than it did in the 80’s. Thanks Surfrider foundation!

#582 4 years ago

All I want to know is what to do with all this free time?

DSCN6704 (resized).JPGDSCN6704 (resized).JPG
    #583 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I could give two shits if you agree with me or not....its reality dude....face it...u may have already got the virus and never knew it....we may all get this shit or something else...I'm not gonna live my life in a bubble...at some point the President will have to put an end to this bullshit and roll the dice, but were in an election year so if you think its not political your a moron

Just stop, seriously. Yes we all get it, you refuse to grasp the seriousness of the situation and blah, blah, blah... Luckily for those who are most vulnerable, you represent the minority vote on this one. POTUS should listen to what the health experts are saying, and follow their guidance. Period. You can try to inject politics and whatever into this but the reality is the only people who should be making these decisions are those most qualified to do so.

Jeff

#584 4 years ago

I see baseball is still in full swing...

2CA58ADE-0930-408A-96D0-DC660A160DC2 (resized).jpeg2CA58ADE-0930-408A-96D0-DC660A160DC2 (resized).jpeg
    #585 4 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I see baseball is still in full swing...

Looks like my hair no longer is.

#586 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've seen it with every generation except the last two. They are too busy trying to figure out how they are going to make it in this world we have left them.

Weed,waves and booze not doing it for them?

#587 4 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I see baseball is still in full swing...[quoted image]

Who's the old dude?

#588 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Looks like my hair no longer is.

Boom!
    Is it the 70’s or whaaaat maaaannn?!?

27DC9CBC-E99F-4DEE-84DA-C3BF0EC5CAD6 (resized).jpeg27DC9CBC-E99F-4DEE-84DA-C3BF0EC5CAD6 (resized).jpeg
    #589 4 years ago

Quoted from o-din:My daughter was born in '98, so does that make her generation Z? She had no problem driving 50 miles to hang out with her old man last night even though she had to get up at 6 AM to be at her job refurbishing medical equipment. That and straight As four years straight in college.
    I think she pretty well represents that generation.

That's rad brother from another mother!

#590 4 years ago

When an upvote isn't enough...
    idiot.jpgidiot.jpg

#591 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

if you think its not political your a moron

It’s you’re, not your.

#592 4 years ago

We aren't immortal. The young ones will get their chance to fuck up the world just like everyone else has. Greed and selfishness isn't a generational thing. Idealism dies as you get older and good old trying to survive kicks in.

#593 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

All I want to know is what to do with all this free time?[quoted image]

for starters you can recycle all those cardboard apple boxes... and get a bigger TV. perhaps a color TV. other than that, not much to do in that room.

#594 4 years ago

And the piece de resistance! NimblePin's homemade rice crispy treats.

DSCN6705 (resized).JPGDSCN6705 (resized).JPG
    #595 4 years ago

Well, I saw an Iron Maiden premium go for 5600, an all time spike system premium low. I saw 2 operators in my area selling pins. JP pro for 4000. BkSOR for 4k. I sold my R&M deposit for cost. The aking price on in hand R&M has dropped from 25k to 13k today. These are all new lows.

#596 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

The aking price on in hand R&M has dropped from 25k to 13k today.

If we are compiling statistics, we can throw this one right off the pile.

#597 4 years ago

$13K for a pinball machine, Oh the humanity!

5A8A81E5-C345-4D8B-9647-8D79CAA13D31.gif5A8A81E5-C345-4D8B-9647-8D79CAA13D31.gif
    #598 4 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

I’ve thought about this to & would like to support the local restaurants. ~140 degrees F will kill it...so, I suppose putting the takeout food in the oven for a bit should render it safe, right? Low enough to just reheat the food, but kill the virus?

#599 4 years ago

Do any of these responses really suprise anyone? There’s people right now who will plop down $10k for a new machine while ignoring a roof leak.

#600 4 years ago

And just like roof leaks, Covad is overrated

There are 790 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 16.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-pinball-market-about-to-collapse/page/12?hl=pinjim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.