(Topic ID: 298262)

Is the pin title "The Matrix" really worth $75K?

By swampwiz

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7745F7A5-519E-4F13-9F23-A08406D2B34A (resized).png
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

I just read an ad for this at Mr. Pinball Classifieds.

#2 2 years ago

It’s worth whatever someone will pay for it

#3 2 years ago

No it’s selling price is around 15-19k euro

I know as some turned hands last year here in the netherlands where they where build

But yeah they are rare but not 75k re theme rare

#4 2 years ago

Uh no...

#5 2 years ago

It was for sale here on Pinside earlier this year, as a package with some other related items. OP, you might be able to find the archived ad and read the thread.

#6 2 years ago

There are what, 12 of them? And it’s a popular theme, the conversion looks professionally done, and it is rumored to play well. It’s a bit different since it’s a retheme rather than an original production machine, but other ultra-rare games (King Kong, King-Pin) get into pretty rarified pricing, so … anything’s possible?

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from shlt_thunder:

It’s worth whatever someone will pay for it

What?

Its not worth that, even if u think it is, its not. If u do however maybe time to seek professional help and I'm not talking one psychiatrist here either, u need a team.

#8 2 years ago

Yes totally worth it

#9 2 years ago

No!! Just buy a JM for 4k

#10 2 years ago

To answer your thread title: no.

#11 2 years ago

Hey, at least pinsiders get a discount!

7745F7A5-519E-4F13-9F23-A08406D2B34A (resized).png7745F7A5-519E-4F13-9F23-A08406D2B34A (resized).png
    #12 2 years ago

Fuck no, but that topper is sick!!!

#13 2 years ago

I am a person that plays pinball for the enjoyment of it, and I always question what value I can get out of the price. In other words, 75k is roughly equal to 10 stern premiums. I would MUCH rather have the sterns. It would be goofy to think otherwise.

This is the reason I have had the big Lebowski and Pirates of the Caribbean on my wishlist...but I will likely never own either. I don't value them equal to 2 top-end games a piece.

Just like every other hobby and collectible, super high priced games are for people who strictly enjoy saying they have it and others don't. Too much money, showing off, and/or vanity are usually the underlying motivators.

P.S. at the end of the day, we are in an open market system where supply and demand dictate value. People are free to sell or buy at any price they want. If someone lists a game at a ridiculous price and another person buys it, I guess they were a match that was meant to be.

#14 2 years ago

Worth every penny. It’s the Matrix!!

#15 2 years ago

yes buy it quick while its on sale cheap

#16 2 years ago

100K by Christmas

#17 2 years ago

Nope, still a JM

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Nope, still a JM

You could just pay CPR or some other artist a couple of K to retheme a JM. Save yourself oh like $65K or more.

#19 2 years ago

It depends.
    Did you take the red pill or the blue pill?

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

It depends.
    Did you take the red pill or the blue pill?

The seller defo took the pill to stay in wonderland.....

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from 29REO:

You could just pay CPR or some other artist a couple of K to retheme a JM. Save yourself oh like $65K or more.

If I recall, this particular retheme has new code and animations (movie clips). If I am surely mistaken, which I could be as I am away from my home to do a Google search, please tell me.

#22 2 years ago

No Your are right,it has custom code and animations on the p-roc so if anybody would copy that then every JM is a matrix

#23 2 years ago

Compared to JJP POTC, at least the matrix has all the movie assets.... so it's at least worth as much as a POTC CE since there is what, 10 or so in the world?

That'll get some folks going today. ROFL

#24 2 years ago

Of course not! It's at least $95k

#25 2 years ago

Wasn't that fun when I played it a few years ago.

#26 2 years ago

It’s worth it if you have a buyer willing to pay $76k

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Nope, still a JM

This really is the ultimate point.

#28 2 years ago

No, seller probably paid out the ass and now that he realized it’s just a rethemed JM he’s trying to squeeze that lemon for every drop!

Theme is awesome, lightshow is custom and awesome, JM is a pretty good player, all in all it’s probably like 20k? It’s not that unreasonable to do it yourself!

#29 2 years ago

The seller has been trying to sell it for a while at a regularly decreasing price. I think it's going to be a while before he gets low enough for it to sell.

#30 2 years ago

Has anyone actually watched the Matrix recently? Its a classic yeah but man does it show its age now in terms of the bad slow mo and way too cool for school actors. Even if Stern or JJP makes it I'm not really interested. [Removed] can ask whatever he wants for a re themed JM. Who cares. Personally I'd rather play JM, a great 90's cheesy, bad acted terrible piece of greatness.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Has anyone actually watched the Matrix recently? Its a classic yeah but man does it show its age now in terms of the bad slow mo and way too cool for school actors...

Well it only gets worse with the sequels! Watching that Burly Brawl now, well actually then too, is pretty bad.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well it only gets worse with the sequels! Watching that Burly Brawl now, well actually then too, is pretty bad

So much worse.

#33 2 years ago

No.

#34 2 years ago

Just curious, how were they able to get around licensing? Or was it too small run to worry about that?

#35 2 years ago

They just dodged a bullet, WB never seen it or else there asses where in the matrix also I think... 12/13 are Made . You need to ask Gerard from the Dutch pinball museum he build it with a few friends and pre sold it before building to fund the theme “ so the machines were given” if Warner/roadshow pictures ask something

#36 2 years ago

Hell no!!

#37 2 years ago

His prices are Hail Marys. The game is not worth it, nor is it priced to sell. He knows it.

He's just hoping to find someone truly foolish with pinball money.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Just curious, how were they able to get around licensing? Or was it too small run to worry about that?

I think I read somewhere that they made 12 or whatever it was and then got a C&D letter and stopped making them? Or did they just stop preemptively to avoid getting the inevitable letter?

#39 2 years ago

You're all nuts to pay $15k for an LE in my opinion. $75k to a squillionaire is like a Dollar to us mere mortals. Money is irrelevant to the super rich so someone will pay silly money for this.

Just place an ad in the 'Super Yachts for the Insanely Rich' monthly magazine.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

There are what, 12 of them?

Wow, they made that many of them? Makes you wonder what might have happened with Predator had he just made a handful to sell at top dollar quietly rather than attempting 250 unlicensed games.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Makes you wonder what might have happened with Predator had he just made a handful to sell at top dollar quietly rather than attempting 250 unlicensed games.

Well as lame as I think JM is it's designed by a real pinball maker and isn't bricky bag of shit.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

$75k to a squillionaire is like a Dollar to us mere mortals. Money is irrelevant to the super rich so someone will pay silly money for this.

That is horse manure kind sir. super rich usually means Super Cheap. Yeah when its something they want and its expensive it still has to have value. Ok they can afford a million dollar boat which is worth a million dollars, but a 75K re themed JM to Matrix is only worth 5K maybe 6 max so regardless of wealth no one is buying that pin at that price.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

super rich usually means Super Cheap.

a stupid comment

Quoted from Hazoff:

but a 75K re themed JM to Matrix is only worth 5K maybe 6 max

astute comment

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

That is horse manure kind sir. super rich usually means Super Cheap. Yeah when its something they want and its expensive it still has to have value. Ok they can afford a million dollar boat which is worth a million dollars, but a 75K re themed JM to Matrix is only worth 5K maybe 6 max so regardless of wealth no one is buying that pin at that price.

I’ve been lucky enough to play a few different Matrix machines. If you can get in an atmosphere where you can focus on the game it’s really a special experience.

When I sold my Magic Girl, I was really looking for a Matrix but couldn’t locate one for sale. At that time I was looking to spend about 20k. This was about 2017 but couldn’t attract any sellers for that price. Another reference point is the one brought to Expo sold for about 15k years before then.

Is it worth 75k?
    Not to me but it’s 2021 somebody has some AMC, GMC or Doge coin burning a hole in their pocket.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

a stupid comment

What?
    Sorry I didn't know ur were that wealthy and willing to throw money away on overpriced items just cause u can. Its the smart move, right?

#46 2 years ago

If I had known it would go for this much I would have charged more for the topper..lol

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

What?
    Sorry I didn't know ur were that wealthy and willing to throw money away on overpriced items just cause u can. Its the smart move, right?

Do you know the word "astute?"

Sorry if I hurt your feelings about your ridiculous generalization.

#48 2 years ago

$100K by X-Mass!

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Do you know the word "astute?"

Hazoff’s more of an “ass-toot” kind of guy.

#50 2 years ago

There are few, if any, that think any pin is worth $75k

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.