Topic poll

“Is the new BLACK KNIGHT TOY LAME? POLL”

• Black Knight toy is awesome 407 votes
    66%
  • Black Knight toy is lame 208 votes
    34%

(615 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

t2 (resized).jpg
t1 (resized).jpg
20190630_163043 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20190626-144132 (resized).png
haha (resized).jpg
you-will-lose (resized).jpg
IMG_1298 (resized).JPG
IMG_1297 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20190624-070250_Facebook (resized).jpg
A7AFBE56-9387-484D-9253-22414C501CAC (resized).jpeg
tumblr_mc3bgephnT1rrvjloo1_500 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.43.05 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.44.12 AM (resized).png
C59657A1-6E56-42DF-9813-646BF2925FB7 (resized).jpeg
9BC936F3-EE6C-424A-99E2-1E48C3FF5BD1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 months ago
Quoted from guymontag451:

Just setting this up to grab a consensus for a fellow pinsider who can't seem to stop hating on the new Knight mech all over different threads. I love it. He hates it. He suggested a poll, what better place than here. So what sayeth y'all? Remember, just the main toy/mech here. Rest of the game already has other threads.

I never said I hate it. I’ve said it’s lacking and disappointing given how barren the rest of the game is. And that a majority of the people I have discussed it with have similar feelings.
I have also said that I think the game is fun.

#12 7 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

They should have made this game the second coming of MM, but instead they gave us the cheapest game they could possibly make. If you ask me Stern is going downhill and fast...

And this is why I have posted in several different threads about the matter. I want to be part of a growing voice of pinball enthusiasts to help dissuade Stern from continuing down their current path. If I wasn’t such a big fan of Stern’s I wouldn’t be talking about this.

#13 7 months ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

I don’t get it, Black Knight is one of the only toys which is so interactive with the ball!
Two ball paths can be blocked, the ball can be accelerated or whacked backed towards also by the flail...
I can’t name many games with one toy that has so much influence on the gameplay?!

I disagree that the Black Knight interacts with the ball at all. The standup target in front of the Knight interacts, as well as the completely detached shield and flail. The black Knight just sits there. The flail and the shield in no way feel like they are a part of the Knight himself. Obviously this is my personal opinion.

#14 7 months ago

The BOM on my 3rd place trophy would rival the Black Knight.

27FBA782-2674-423D-9C83-0CB979C65F95 (resized).jpeg
#98 7 months ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I was pretty sure we reached Peak Pinside when people were complaining about flippers. In a pinball game.

IDK, flippers seem pretty important, and if they don’t feel right, I have no problem saying so. It’s the number one reason I will only consider NIB Sterns at this time. Stern makes great snappy flippers, other companies not so much.

#104 7 months ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of the haters on this thread have not spent any appreciable amount of time on the game. These are also the same people who say iron maiden is a bad game because it doesnt have action figures all over it and think a game doesn't need to shoot well if it has Hasbro shit all over the playfield.
The game plays amazing and is fun as hell with an awesome gigantic interactive toy. Put the haterade down and play a few games on it and see for yourself.

I don’t see very many haters here. Just frogs noticing the water getting warmer and warmer lately and starting to jump out of the pot. The frogs that refuse to notice the water heating up, or say they prefer a warmer pot, will continue to defend Stern until they are boiled.
How’s that for an analogy.

#112 7 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Jeez, between this thread, a similar bash thread on Munsters, "

This isn’t a bash thread, it’s more of a standup target in front of a bash thread. People are taking other people’s valid criticisms way too personal. Did none of you read my comments about this Stern BK being fun, and Stern being the only company I would consider for NIB? I am a Stern fan. Just not a fanboi.

And my analogy is awesome. It’s like when dodge came out with the hellcat, but then they said, we can do even better and then came out with the Demon and the rest is history.

#127 7 months ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Now that you point it out the Knights torso doesn’t do much for me.......

Like I said in earlier posts. I would have settled for an extra solenoid (to shake up the knights torso when he is hit/defeated) or servo/motor(to move his head side to side). Certainly even Hazoff and Levi would have welcomed this little extra put into the Knight.

#131 7 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, I would have said “wow that’s dumb” As I watched it fall apart before my eyes and saw the spinning flail hit the ramp and the knight torso.

You don't think Stern has the capacity to figure out how to make it work? Shut off power to the mace while the other solenoid or servo is working? Would the Knight moving his head side to side interfere with the flail? With that kind of thinking, it's a wonder that you would want any type of feature in a pinball machine of any complexity at all. And that's o.k. What you need is video pinball my friend.

#132 7 months ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

or a geroge Forman grill.

Ah yes. That Frenchman was a hell of a boxer as well as an innovator with his grill.

#134 7 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Oh, I'm sure Stern could make it work. But at what cost? You have already added a switch to shut off power to the mace/flail, a servo has been added, or a solenoid has been added. Perhaps both. This will require extra wiring and extra work on the assembly line. It will probably turn into a warranty headache because people will be bitching about "my knight is broken. The head won't move".
The part that adds to game play is the flail; That part works. It adds to the game. How is a knight moving his head side-to-side going to add to game play. A knight like you are wanting is just expensive eye candy.

I think the head moving adds to the experience. The solenoid to shake him and with the removal of his standup target thus making him a true bash toy would add immensely to the gameplay. Honestly, the flail doesn't really add a whole lot in practice. I would have scrapped it in its current form. The constant spinning is what makes it seem to be not part of the Black Knight toy. And the mass of the pinball hitting it really takes the momentum out of the flail so you rarely get a hard shot back at you. I would have used a solenoid to operate a mace instead.

And I think the extra cost would have been worth it.

#153 7 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I know what the problem with the knight is. Instead is that lame stand up target in front of the knight, Stern should have outfitted the knight with a codpiece.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codpiece
[quoted image]

That would be effing awesome. Kind of like Johnny Cage from Mortal Combat doing his ball punch. If Only Stern could get the guy that did the Mortal Combat voiceovers to do the Black Knight voice overs.

#166 7 months ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Did op create the LAMEST POLL EVER?

You should create a poll for that.

#185 7 months ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

easy retheme as 'the red barren'.[quoted image]

I see what you did there.

#186 7 months ago

I did manage to play an LE for the first time the other night and got a handful of games on it. I didn’t expect to like it more than the Pro because in all of the Stern LE’s that have an extra playfield I prefer the pro model.

Not in this case. The upper playfield adds a lot to the game. It was really cool stacking the two multiballs. I must have had 6 or 7 balls going at once. Having more to shoot for in the LE also made me notice the shortcomings of the Knight toy less. Also, the flail on that particular LE seemed to work better than the one on the pro I’ve.played.
E8934C7A-3882-4F1D-9EA8-2772FC8EF1E8 (resized).jpeg

#196 7 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Can I ask a question here seriously... aren't all pinball games fun? Its just a question?

Have you played Thunderbirds?

As for are these games worth it?
That's subjective. The NIB Stern games I felt were worth it to me were TSPP for $3700 shipped and TWD premium for mid $6k shipped so I bought them. I don't think any of the recent Sterns have been worth it to me given the price increases coupled with the fact that I would now have to pay an extra $700 in taxes. Hopefully in the future there wil be some Sterns that I find worth it. In the meantime, I will support the operators by playing them on location every chance I get because they are worth a dollar a game.

#208 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well not much else to talk about when a great toy is lame to a few dickheads.

Or a lame toy is great to a few dickheads.

#226 7 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Subjectivity factors in, but lets be real. Some opinions are just plain dumb and wrong.
Here are some examples:

"Shaq Atrack is the greatest pin ever"

Yes it is. Shaq Attack even won a poll. You can't argue with polls.

1 week later
#263 7 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

And there is always the possibility that Stern has already looked into it and saw things that made it not a good candidate for a play field.

Yeah, like cost. It is pretty obvious that the bean counters have complete authority at Stern.

#281 7 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Please let's get real; This is a clown puked nightmare you're trying to sell on your website for 5K. I have no idea why you think you know anything aboot pricing.
Dipshit.[quoted image]

Oh snap.

#285 7 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

You must be kidding people say we want more toys Stern gives you the Black Night yet hear we are Pinside is a bitch fest.

Exactly. They gave us a lame toy, as they have been want to do lately. Really like the LE gameplay, but I voted lame in the poll.

#353 6 months ago

GOT is booorrrrrr
Iiiiinnnnnggggggg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside