IMG_1297 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20190624-070250_Facebook (resized).jpg
A7AFBE56-9387-484D-9253-22414C501CAC (resized).jpeg
tumblr_mc3bgephnT1rrvjloo1_500 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.43.05 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.44.12 AM (resized).png
C59657A1-6E56-42DF-9813-646BF2925FB7 (resized).jpeg
9BC936F3-EE6C-424A-99E2-1E48C3FF5BD1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

The Black Knight pinball is lame overall.

JACy0dj (resized).jpgJACy0dj (resized).jpg
#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Competition is good for Stern (and thus, good for pinball, and good for us). I guarantee they still wouldn't have LCD screens in their games if not for WOZ.

It is my hope that Black Knight SOR goes down as the last of the "Street Level" Stern games.

Wow, thats absolutley ridiculous.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Stern has conditioned us to accept these barren games. People are literally creaming thier pants over the feather that's on the helmet and The pinball podcasters literally cant shill this game enough. The black knight looks like it came from five below. I'm literally scratching my head how someone can look at the prem/le playfield and say this is worth $7.5-9k

superfreakonomics-horseshit (resized).jpgsuperfreakonomics-horseshit (resized).jpg
#25 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

My main issue with the game is that there's very little else on the pro

Yeah I couldn't be happier, lots of crap means lots of stop and go would have killed the game.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

the constant heavy rock music can become mind numbing

This speaks volumes. Now I get it. Yellow brick road is more ur speed?

#156 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Can someone ANYONE tell me how Black Knight LE is worth the same price as a Wonka LE? Please someone explain that? I'd love to hear it!

I can explain it. Who gives a shit? Is this what think about it? Buy a Scrabble board. Jesus man who cares what is in the game as long as its fun. My BK3 sits next to Maiden and yeah its pretty sparse in comparison but equally as fun so ur paying for fun not this BOM horseshit. I don't know what it cost to get the custom music but that was probably exspensive and well worth it, the game is amazing. Cool theme and great sound, fun and fast, probably my fav Stern.

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

60 Munsters sold, against 3 Black Knight.

So 60 old geezers who can't handle the speed or music of BK3 means its a flop?

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Here some info for you... probably the biggest stern dealer in my area I was chatting with them today.

Not sure where this dealer resides, but I have an idea.
Ad-Singlev03-DelBocaVista01 (resized).pngAd-Singlev03-DelBocaVista01 (resized).png

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Stern needs to start making their games WORTH what they charge or drop the prices. JJP is the Lambo of the industry, Stern can be the corvette and each car is worth a different price. Black Knight is a $4000 game its that simple.

Or what, they are in threat of being dethroned by JJP? for my taste BK3 is just as fun well more so as theme matters than DI and a Pro costs quite a bit less. Might only be worth 4K to you but wheres this army of liked minded thinkers you seem to have as most people I know that buy from all manufacturers love the game.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Here is my problem... Stern has jacked up prices because JJP showed them people would pay more. So JJP tried to give you more for your money, and Stern gives you less but wants the same! How does that work exactly?

JJP had to offer more for the money otherwise whats the point in going into competiton with Stern. Which they haven't even scratched the surface so I'm sorry ur probably a nice fella but the whole JJP being the top dog in terms of BOM and build quality blah blah blah sucks and if it was true after 4 games they would or should be in a much better position.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

IF Stern wants $9000 for a game, then try to make a game worth $9000.

Isn't that 9K relative to the individual? Who decides what makes a pin worth 9K? Is it all BOM?

#194 4 years ago

No its not

Quoted from drfrightner:

All pinball games are FUN right?

no there not

Quoted from drfrightner:

for 9000 the game SUCKS!

To you, why are u so bothered by this? you don't have to buy it. I don't nor will I ever judge a pinball machine based on materials. I said it before I haven't found a JJP game fun enough yet to buy and they are loaded but if I went by ur model then the hell will how much enjoyment it brings you just buy the game with the most crap. Ofcourse Stern would have to step it up if business was failing but thats not the case and its not as if JJP is a threat with this loaded BOM style approach.

Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm asking if Black Knight WORTH 9000? Is it 9000 worth of fun?

To many people yes, is WOZ or JJPOTC or OKterfest worth that much. Not to me so but I don't care if other people buy it. What I see here is a few pinsiders who get irritated that people are enjoying the current Stern pins and its stopping Stern from making games in a way they want, well thats too bad and I much prefer open concept fast pinball, would not have enjoyed SW's half as much had JJP done it and made it a loaded stop and go fest. Stop worrying about how other people spend their money.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I can’t help but notice that half the posts is this thread are in response to one dude.

Well not much else to talk about when a great toy is lame to a few dickheads.

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

then thats good but buying a LE model of this game vs lets say JJPPOTC, i know which one for the $ i would buy. Just saying.

Wow what a suprise.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Or a lame toy is great to a few dickheads.

Ok. I like that.

#219 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Just saying. Big difference is what you get for almost the same price.

In terms of BOM sure but fun? not so much and for me when it comes to a game its all about fun factor. nuff said.

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Are you seriously going to tell me a flat out LIE and say oh yeah they put everything into this game, they went all out, no you can't say that because that just wouldn't be honest.

Yes I am. For my taste its as if they made this pin custom for me. The God of War style animations, Thrash Metal soundtrack simple and fast with a cool theme, thats the honest truth. Couldn't care less if it sells like hotcakes or hardly at all, not even a minor concern that I'll take a loss upon resale and I never consider that when buying a pin. Me, I always tell the truth even when I lie.
tumblr_mc3bgephnT1rrvjloo1_500 (resized).pngtumblr_mc3bgephnT1rrvjloo1_500 (resized).png

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

We can all praise the game and slam the game but how many games get sold that is the only verdict that matters.

Jesus man u are a broken record, a broken record of horseshit. The "final verdict" who cares how many pins sell? do u sell pinball machines? I don't thusly couldn't care less.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Once again I’d like to see Stern give 6k to 9k in value otherwise

They did, to me anyway and thats all that matters. Do you believe JJPOTC or Wonka is a 6K to 9k value? I wouldn't pay 2K for either and not because the materials aren't there but they do nothing for me, theme wise or gameplay wise nothing. I mean I'm gald they were made for those who love them but just because the "value" or apparent value is there means jack squat.

Well I take that back I would buy it for 2K and flip for an 8K profit then buy a DP Pre.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

How did you guess that I’m a bot? Was it the shoes?

No I think its the tedious repeating of the same crap over and over like a well oiled robotic machine. and yeah the shoes.

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Personally, I’ve just gotten a lot better at draining threads, and ignoring users. Both of these have positively impacted my user experiance

Yep, the sub forum checklist which for me now only includes Stern and All for general new release info. The Batch edit which is magical for termination of fluff threads that mean nothing to me and the fav option for quick access to important topics. Much happier, although I was pretty happy before.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I don't even think its a debate!

Yeah it is, I debated and won. U just don't want to hear it as I never heard any response to my points.

Quoted from drfrightner:

I was looking at my Simpsons Pinball Party and wondering did the same company who made that game really make Black Knight?

This speaks volumes sir. I owned TSPP for quite a while and at that same price I'm taking BK3 all day long. Better theme for me, faster and more challenging gameplay, Music and SFX well nuff said. Now my view doesn't apply to urs and "everyone else" where somehow u know what they are thinking but u see thats the whole point, just because u think it does it make it so.

Quoted from drfrightner:

All pinball is fun

This same line again, let me tell ya I've played many EM's that brought no joy at all.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Why can't someone bring back video modes?

Wow, I'm all for video modes but pinball has never exceled in that field. Good video modes ok, what we have been given thus far, not so much.

Quoted from drfrightner:

I'm not a fanboy, I'm never going to ask some pinball designer for an autograph that is just weird.

Well we finally have reached a common ground. Love pinball but I've never been to a show nor have any desire to meet the designers.

Quoted from drfrightner:

why can't any pinball manufacturer do part of the game in the backglass like the old days?

Ahhh because they suck. Good day sir, I said good day.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Dude your seeing things, you couldn't beat me in a debate if your life depended on it.

I would crush you into a fine powder sir.

Quoted from drfrightner:

When you ask up to 9k for the game, and Wonka LE is 9500 how can you honestly without laughing say the BK is worth it? THERE IS JUST NO WAY!

You can't explain it not with a straight face you can't.

POTC LE was $9500 again just 500 over BK LE, so we'll say the same price, again how exactly is that right? You didn't explain anything.

What? I did explain it. U go by BOM and resale value, I go by theme and fun factor. If WWonka was 4K as is I wouldn't buy it over an regurlar priced BK3 pro. Now I need you to talk me out of it lets just say. A theme I really like vs one that does nothing for me, gameplay that scratches me right where I itch and gameplay that for me is only great if I'm trying to jump start a vomit. Now I'm glad JJP made it, lots of folk love the theme and no doubt the gameplay so all good. What I surmise is that u think someone who buys anything that doesn't fall into ur justifiable value to dollar ratio is lying to themselves. Anyway lets debate.

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Dude I'm going to get real for you here... you just said you wouldn't buy a Wonka even if it was 4k, now that is just the single dumbest thing I've heard all week and honestly you've said some other really dumb things.

U should read ur own posts more and if we go by up/down votes on comments seems you might be the dumb one fella. Not sure if u noticed but with the exception of a few JJP fanboys not too many pinsiders are agreeing with ur views on this. Point Hazoff.

Quoted from drfrightner:

I would debate you on any topic any time any where ... it would get set up and you wouldn't show.

Oh I'd show, and my outfit for that event would be the stuff of legend. I would wear a hat so large it would be wearing its own hat. Point Hazoff.

Quoted from drfrightner:

and you wouldn't take a Wonka to at the very least to resell?

Yeah I would that wasn't the point, I would sell it for profit. Is the level ur playing on that you think I can't grasp the difficult concept u have put forth that buying an expensive item cheap and selling for big profit is the smart move? Point Hazoff

Quoted from drfrightner:

My point is the game costs $5799 to $9000.00. The question is did Stern put enough into this game that warrants that kind of price? There is only one logical answer NO!

Rinse and repeat, more genius. Because Stern didn't put enough in ur mind into this game the value isn't there and its fact. Let me ask u this what is ur formula for value when it comes to pinball? Point Hazoff

Quoted from drfrightner:

Lastly, I understand you hate JJP that much is clear

Wow, ur making this real easy. I don't hate JJP hope to own one if they make something I like but up till now I haven't been able to get into any of the themes, which is important to me. Does that matter in terms of value? Point Hazoff

Quoted from drfrightner:

BTW, they're right because its not selling like even Munsters... but honestly we'd never know if it would have exploded if they actually tried to create a game as good as MM with that kind of detail. So since you probably cut the costs of the game to the bone CHARGE LESS!

Who gives a shit. Point and match. I can't believe I just used scoring from tennis for this.

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

BUT Please, no one try to give that Doctor Fright one cause he doesn't like it...….

Its the value damn it, can't u see that? I mean its a fact Jack. Put a BKSORLE next to Wonka and its obvious isn't it. Wonka is better cause it has the value. I mean r u out of ur tree sir.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Why do you bother with that pinhead

If it wasn't for pinheads like that this site would lose 90% of its appeal. Its my duty both here and in everyday life to rebutt and destroy the weak minded who tend to know less about the facts of their own side of the arguement they propose than I do and thats where the real fun begins, whether it be pinball or religion or politics, history, space, nature which am I well versed abroad its one of the great joys in life. Let them get away with nothing and they won't, not on my watch. Good times. watch and u will see he will regurgitate the same garbage over and over with nothing more to say, "Value isn't there and thats a fact" brilliant.

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

this thread is painful to read .... a pissing contest wasting Pinside resources

wasting resources? come on. what else is there to discuss, how to change something that can't be changed? Its was over a long time ago in this thread and that would have been a good time to stop reading, its gone in the only direction it could. The whole thread is shit. Is the toy lame, what other possible reason is there for this thread than for us well known jackasses to get into pissing contests? Look, me and you are about to have one. and I've been drinking alot of apple juice today. U will lose, don't worry its boring me now so I let u get back to those valuable resources here on pinside.
you-will-lose (resized).jpgyou-will-lose (resized).jpg

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from erak:

New Stern machines are GARBAGE!!
Too bad some pinsiders are justifying, and accepting that this BS is now normal.

If by garbage u mean damn fun then I'm right with ya.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 130.00
Wanted
11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-new-black-knight-toy-lame-poll?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.