Topic poll

“Is the new BLACK KNIGHT TOY LAME? POLL”

• Black Knight toy is awesome 407 votes
    66%
  • Black Knight toy is lame 208 votes
    34%

(615 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

t2 (resized).jpg
t1 (resized).jpg
20190630_163043 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20190626-144132 (resized).png
haha (resized).jpg
you-will-lose (resized).jpg
IMG_1298 (resized).JPG
IMG_1297 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20190624-070250_Facebook (resized).jpg
A7AFBE56-9387-484D-9253-22414C501CAC (resized).jpeg
tumblr_mc3bgephnT1rrvjloo1_500 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.43.05 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.44.12 AM (resized).png
C59657A1-6E56-42DF-9813-646BF2925FB7 (resized).jpeg
9BC936F3-EE6C-424A-99E2-1E48C3FF5BD1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ercvacation.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 7 months ago

I'm loving the game. I purchased the premium. We shall see how long it lasts but early indications are that I'm keeping this for a long time. The toy itself is really well done. There are multiple interactions with the ball. Kids walk up and love to see the Knight. On top of the interactions you have the voice of the knight that interacts with you as well. I'm trying to think of a toy that interacts with you more than this one, but can't. Some games have multiple toys that together interact with you more, but for a single toy, I think its done very well. My biggest gripe is that I use the right flipper way more than the left. Whether you think that game is barren or not, this game is just plain fun to play. To each their own. I like it.

#163 7 months ago
Quoted from robotron:

played a bk pro recently. walked away after 3 credits. i find it lack-luster along with munsters pro. waiting for my mbrle patiently and will enjoy that one. seems the new sterns that are getting pumped out fast are mediocre. enjoyed deadpool but the all red playfield makes me dizzy. i liked the williams sounds on the dp btw.
back to bk toy which is ok, its like having a nice boat in the middle of the sahara desert.

Then you most certainly didn't even get your feet wet in this game yet. Your loss. Fyi, I just got my MBr LE two weeks before I got my premium and the bksor premium gets played much more by a long shot. I love both but bksor makes it hard to walk away from the game. I just keep playing more. That's a good thing. To each their own. It's a tough game, which I like. I'm still learning the rules but this game is a keeper for me.

#188 7 months ago
Quoted from anathematize:

subjective opinions are subjective opinions. something like iron maiden just blows it away in terms of exciting gameplay in my mind.
from my experience BK3 pro starts to wear thin after ~50 plays at its current code state.
like i said... i want to give a premium/le a chance before i make any sort of final verdict. plus i'm sure tim will keep making the code deeper so its not like the game is a lost cause or anything.

I'm well over 50 plays on BKSOR premium and....... I still love it.

#242 7 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Here is how the real final verdict will be stamped...how many machines do they sell. Hey there are people today who still like the Ford Pinto so with that being said bute is in the eye of the beholder right? LOL. I talked to a major distributor and he told me Munsters 60 machines sold Black Knight 3. Yes i know Munsters came out first but 60 to 3 I think that says it all Black Knight got slayed.
I hate the back glass, I would have rathered a more photo realism, no give me a mech in the backglass like the old days. The game gives you no value for the money, and is another example of Stern trying to rip off their customers, that goes triple for Beatles.
But I’m only one opinion, just as the people who love the game only get one opinion. But the only opinion that matters is buy the game for 6k to 9lk. Just because you dropped 5 bucks at a pincade that doesn’t count, sales is what matters. Do you love it enough to drop serious coin not. We can all praise the game and slam the game but how many games get sold that is the only verdict that matters.
Once again I’d like to see Stern give 6k to 9k in value otherwise I’d rather go out and find a really nice NBA Fastbreak!

Has anyone confirmed that this is a real person? Seems like a bot to me. The same garbage is repeated over and over. You've stated your opinion and we thank you for that, but one time is enough. Please stop repeating the same crap over and over. It is annoying. I promise you that we heard you the first time. As far as worth of the game, the market will regulate itself. If people don't like it, they won't be willing to pay high prices. My opinion is that it will fall in line with previous Stern games as far as price goes. It is so much fun to play and will probably keep getting better! Your argument is fruitless at this point. How about you just check back in 6 to 12 months and we can see where the aftermarket prices are.

#289 7 months ago
Quoted from erak:

New Stern machines are GARBAGE!!
Too bad some pinsiders are justifying, and accepting that this BS is now normal.
I love how Stern posts that a design flaw fix is an "enhancement" on LE models for BKSOR[quoted image]

The enhancement is not necessary at all. The upper playfield is awesome since you MUST learn to nudge. I guess I can see why they would want it if you have young kids or noobs playing the game that can't or don't know how to nudge. I won't be installing on mine.

#298 6 months ago

Dr Frightner,

If you want to ramble on aimlessly in a black knight toy thread, please start your own thread as you have turned this into your own personal shit show. No one cares about you or your long ass posts. It's become annoying just to see you name pop up because we know that a 10 paragraph post is soon to follow. We get it. You think Stern cheaped out on black knight. The majority of people disagree with you. The majority of people love this game. We sit here and can't stop playing this great game but come here right after and read another Dr Frightner memoir about being a bad pinball player and also about how bad this game is,and why terminator two is worth 4k after it's been powdercoated. Your opinion has been noted. That should be enough. MOVE ALONG.

Tell me about your black knight premium playing experience if you want to keep talking. What's your high score? What is your strategy in the game? Are you trying to stack certain modes? This game is a masterpiece yet here you are talking about the BOM. I haven't read any gameplay experience from you yet. Are you a fan of the custom music. What about the new modes added with the new update. What can still be tweaked in the next code update? That's what I would like to hear about.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
8,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ercvacation.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside