IMG_1297 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20190624-070250_Facebook (resized).jpg
A7AFBE56-9387-484D-9253-22414C501CAC (resized).jpeg
tumblr_mc3bgephnT1rrvjloo1_500 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.43.05 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.44.12 AM (resized).png
C59657A1-6E56-42DF-9813-646BF2925FB7 (resized).jpeg
9BC936F3-EE6C-424A-99E2-1E48C3FF5BD1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And this is why I have posted in several different threads about the matter. I want to be part of a growing voice of pinball enthusiasts to help dissuade Stern from continuing down their current path. If I wasn’t such a big fan of Stern’s I wouldn’t be talking about this.

Fascinating!

Can you give me a summary? Thanks!

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I don't dislike it, but lets be real here... it's a lit doll with color changing LED's and a fancy feather thingy holding a spinning motor.

Let's face it, Thing is a just motorized metal slab with a magnet attached and some window dressing to make it look like a hand!

Let's be real, rudy is just a bunch of solenoids thrown together on a metal frame with plastic in front to make it look like a mechanical man

Let's be real, everybody hates everything here and nobody will ever be happy with anything.

#49 4 years ago

You've come to the right place baby!

It's gonna suck when Deep Root starts churning out the most awesome stuff ever and we have nothing to bitch about any more.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Which has been going on longer?
1. Stern door left wide open
2. The bubble ready to burst
Please phrase your answer in the form of a inflation calculator.

Bubble Burst been going since Stern was the ONLY company and MM reached the outrageous price of $3500 (we are talking 2000) so undisputed winner.

Stern sucking ass due to not innovating enough for people who routinely have proven they do not want innovation is a fairly new development, but just as cheap a Pinside pop lately.

We've got dueling "stern sucks" threads going today. Stern Sucks is so hot right now!!!

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I don’t see very many haters here. Just frogs noticing the water getting warmer and warmer lately and starting to jump out of the pot. The frogs that refuse to notice the water heating up, or say they prefer a warmer pot, will continue to defend Stern until they are boiled.
How’s that for an analogy.

It's a terrible analogy because to this date boiling water has killed countless frogs, and Stern pinball machines have so far killed zero pinball players or buyers, or even made them physically uncomfortable in any way. Not to mention that a pot is something you put things in, while a pinball machine, well it's not a pot and you can't cook anything inside it, and even if you could, why would you climb in it?

But what else is new? Besides being Cargument Central, in general Pinside is a virtual clearinghouse of awful analogies and blatant fallacies.

#109 4 years ago

I just can't over how stunningly awful this "analogy" is.

Do the comfortable frogs in the boiling water pot "defend" the water temperature to their smarter rivals, only to be boiled to death defending the water while the skeptical frogs leap out to safety?

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Like I said in earlier posts. I would have settled for an extra solenoid (to shake up the knights torso when he is hit/defeated) or servo/motor(to move his head side to side). Certainly even Hazoff and Levi would have welcomed this little extra put into the Knight.

No, I would have said “wow that’s dumb” As I watched it fall apart before my eyes and saw the spinning flail hit the ramp and the knight torso.

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How? I'm curious. How can something that just moves around, beyond the silver ball add to the experience ?

This one I do not get at all. You either hit the toy or you hit a stand up target in front of the toy. Hitting either one will bring action. What difference does it make?

The flail is the only moving part and you are going to scrap it ?

Are you a design engineer? How much would the extra cost amount to? Do you have any numbers? Or are we talking pin in the sky?

I’m trying to think of analogy. It’s kind of like when a bunch of frogs try to run a pinball company by making terrible decisions and the pinball company goes bankrupt in a year because frogs are terrible at math and business sense and knowing what players want (hint - it’s obviously toys that “interact” with the ball not just flop around. Remember Star Wars?)

It was a terrible decision to let frogs take over at stern.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol. You are the unabashed biased Stern apologist on Pinside!
Yet you don’t buy their games, just hang out with Tim and crew. Because you sell and service?
I get it. “One way Levi” is your nickname
You have ZERO ability to be objective when it comes to Stern pinball

I know how pinball machines work, and I know how dumb an idea it is to say the black knight “toy” would be improved by putting a solenoid in it to make it shake violently.

That’s the difference between people like me who get their hands dirty working on pinball machines, and people like you who just “buy” them. We understand that if your average pinsider ran Stern they’d be out of business in a week, while the “i just buy em” types can feel free to engage in speculative fantasy without considering the actual real world consequences of their poor ideas.

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dude I “work” on my games too
Put the bourbon bottle down that I sent you
The point with BK isn’t really the toy itself. Yes it’s the lack of sales and I didn’t buy BK for MANY reasons, the least of which is the stupid toy
You will be 100% Stern defender no matter what
That we all know and so we can properly discern between fake news and reality
Now, I’m going back to play my fantastic Stern Munsters LE and I’ll leave the Stern cheerleading to you

You paid 9K for a Munsters LE and I'M the Stern nutswinger?!?!?

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That is F ing blasphemy right there you talking bad about a Stern game. Put your knee pads back on brother. Try. I know it’s hard. But at least try.

Of all the avenues you can go down ICE, you just parrot HIlton's beyond lame "kneepads bit?" That's what you consider clever?

Come on man, a little originality goes a long way.

Try. I know it's hard to come up with material smarter and funnier than Hilton's. But at least try.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Wanted
$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-new-black-knight-toy-lame-poll?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.