IMG_1297 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20190624-070250_Facebook (resized).jpg
A7AFBE56-9387-484D-9253-22414C501CAC (resized).jpeg
tumblr_mc3bgephnT1rrvjloo1_500 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.43.05 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.44.12 AM (resized).png
C59657A1-6E56-42DF-9813-646BF2925FB7 (resized).jpeg
9BC936F3-EE6C-424A-99E2-1E48C3FF5BD1 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adipocere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

The Black Knight pinball is lame overall. But if we're talking about toys I'm like what toys, you get two plastic see thru images and that it... worst effort I've ever seen by ANY pinball company. I predict this game will be selling for about $3500 to 4k within 12 months because what radom person just wanting a pinball game in their basement would pick this thing?
They want a themed pinball game, and this is just weak! They should have made this game the second coming of MM, but instead they gave us the cheapest game they could possibly make. If you ask me Stern is going downhill and fast...
There are too many pinball companies right now, and if Deep Root does something amazing, people are going to get super picky, which is a good thing honestly. Stern can and should step up their game because what is Beatles, or Munsters, total let down, which is why no one wants to buy one.

Competition is good for Stern (and thus, good for pinball, and good for us). I guarantee they still wouldn't have LCD screens in their games if not for WOZ.

It is my hope that Black Knight SOR goes down as the last of the "Street Level" Stern games.

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wow, thats absolutley ridiculous.

I disagree. For the record, I voted in favor of the toy, but I think the game is a barren landscape. I think it looks and feels cheap. The art package and flippers are excellent as usual, but the vinyl cutouts instead of sculpts and the lack of any real features other than the toy still just remind me of Street Level pins. I think Stern should step up their game for what they are charging for these. That is why the competition is a good thing for everyone, Stern "fanboys" or not.

1 week later
#229 4 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

IMHO, pinball shouldn't be reduced to "toys", the final verdict on a machine is that it offers an often playing experience that emerges you in the world it creates. BKSOR has old school "kick your ass to the curb" soul in spades. As for what any random person wants to own, LOL! Since when did a baller give a F about the newbs who think HD displays are necessary to have an awesome game? The experience should be on the playfield, not the display and definitely not whatever corny gadget (hyper loop anyone?) get's crammed in there for supposed wow factor.
I'll go ahead and listen to you though if you can get more than 300k out of a run of 30 games on current code (.94)

I love that we have men in their 50s and 60s calling men in their 30s and 40s "newbs." Its all about what nostalgia you lean towards, I guess.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Stern does have a partner. You could say they are bean counters. Now, it makes sense that Stern is acting a little bit like Apple Computer.
https://sternpinball.com/about/
"In the fall of 2009, Stern Pinball partnered with an affiliate of Hagerty Peterson & Co., LLC (‘HP”), a private equity investment firm, to help the company weather the Great Recession and prepare for its next phase of growth. A team led by Dave Peterson, Managing Director of HP, helped the company strengthen its operations and financial condition, expand its product offering and enter new markets."

Like it or not, this probably saved the company. That partnership led to Stern developing the 3-tiered system of Pro/Premium/LE which finally got Gary Stern to recognize that the home market crowd was worth catering to. The higher margins on the top tier models gave them more profit and kept the company afloat.

Now I will support the argument that they have since gone too far with how bare-bones their Pro models are, and how "Premium/LE" models are not exactly a good value proposition (and are closer to what all the standard models used to be prior to the change), but apparently the company was at risk at going under before the partnership. You can read more about this in the book "Pinball Wizards" by Adam Ruben.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 300.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adipocere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-new-black-knight-toy-lame-poll?tu=adipocere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.