IMG_1297 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20190624-070250_Facebook (resized).jpg
A7AFBE56-9387-484D-9253-22414C501CAC (resized).jpeg
tumblr_mc3bgephnT1rrvjloo1_500 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.43.05 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.44.12 AM (resized).png
C59657A1-6E56-42DF-9813-646BF2925FB7 (resized).jpeg
9BC936F3-EE6C-424A-99E2-1E48C3FF5BD1 (resized).jpeg
There are 376 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
#1 4 years ago

Just setting this up to grab a consensus for a fellow pinsider who can't seem to stop hating on the new Knight mech all over different threads. I love it. He hates it. He suggested a poll, what better place than here. So what sayeth y'all? Remember, just the main toy/mech here. Rest of the game already has other threads.

#2 4 years ago

Why does it matter if he doesn't like it and you do? People can like different things.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Why does it matter if he doesn't like it and you do? People can like different things.

I agree, it's not who is right really. I just want him to know that not everybody hates it. It's split, like most things in this hobby as tastes vary wildly.

#4 4 years ago

Great toy!

#5 4 years ago

Poll should read “Yes” or ‘NO WAY!’

#6 4 years ago

With the flail on one side and the shield on the other...I think it's pretty cool actually.

If you want to complain aboot no shot depth/variety in the layout maybe but that BK...he's alright in my book.

#7 4 years ago

Layout is pretty boring and incredibly right flipper dominant, but the toy is great. Looks cool, spinning flail, shield that moves up, down & kicks back. What more do you want, a real peacock feather? It has that too!

#8 4 years ago

the BK3 toy has no arms and no legs.

Quoted from guymontag451:

It's split, like most things in this hobby

all right, we'll call it a draw.
blackknight04 (resized).jpgblackknight04 (resized).jpg

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from guymontag451:

Just setting this up to grab a consensus for a fellow pinsider who can't seem to stop hating on the new Knight mech all over different threads. I love it. He hates it. He suggested a poll, what better place than here. So what sayeth y'all? Remember, just the main toy/mech here. Rest of the game already has other threads.

I never said I hate it. I’ve said it’s lacking and disappointing given how barren the rest of the game is. And that a majority of the people I have discussed it with have similar feelings.
I have also said that I think the game is fun.

#10 4 years ago

The Black Knight pinball is lame overall. But if we're talking about toys I'm like what toys, you get two plastic see thru images and that it... worst effort I've ever seen by ANY pinball company. I predict this game will be selling for about $3500 to 4k within 12 months because what radom person just wanting a pinball game in their basement would pick this thing?

They want a themed pinball game, and this is just weak! They should have made this game the second coming of MM, but instead they gave us the cheapest game they could possibly make. If you ask me Stern is going downhill and fast...

There are too many pinball companies right now, and if Deep Root does something amazing, people are going to get super picky, which is a good thing honestly. Stern can and should step up their game because what is Beatles, or Munsters, total let down, which is why no one wants to buy one.

#11 4 years ago

I don’t get it, Black Knight is one of the only toys which is so interactive with the ball!

Two ball paths can be blocked, the ball can be accelerated or whacked backed towards also by the flail...

I can’t name many games with one toy that has so much influence on the gameplay?!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

They should have made this game the second coming of MM, but instead they gave us the cheapest game they could possibly make. If you ask me Stern is going downhill and fast...

And this is why I have posted in several different threads about the matter. I want to be part of a growing voice of pinball enthusiasts to help dissuade Stern from continuing down their current path. If I wasn’t such a big fan of Stern’s I wouldn’t be talking about this.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

I don’t get it, Black Knight is one of the only toys which is so interactive with the ball!
Two ball paths can be blocked, the ball can be accelerated or whacked backed towards also by the flail...
I can’t name many games with one toy that has so much influence on the gameplay?!

I disagree that the Black Knight interacts with the ball at all. The standup target in front of the Knight interacts, as well as the completely detached shield and flail. The black Knight just sits there. The flail and the shield in no way feel like they are a part of the Knight himself. Obviously this is my personal opinion.

#14 4 years ago

The BOM on my 3rd place trophy would rival the Black Knight.

27FBA782-2674-423D-9C83-0CB979C65F95 (resized).jpeg27FBA782-2674-423D-9C83-0CB979C65F95 (resized).jpeg
#15 4 years ago

Stern has conditioned us to accept these barren games. People are literally creaming thier pants over the feather that's on the helmet and The pinball podcasters literally cant shill this game enough. The black knight looks like it came from five below. I'm literally scratching my head how someone can look at the prem/le playfield and say this is worth $7.5-9k

#16 4 years ago

great toy on an average pinball

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

great toy on an average pinball

This.

If they had just put the FP2 ramp in the left shot instead of the VUK and had it loop behind the BK to drop down the right orbit for a loopable shot, the Pro would be a lot better to play and look at. Right now the toy and rules are awesome, haven’t played the Prem, but the Pro is just a vanilla layout.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

The Black Knight pinball is lame overall. But if we're talking about toys I'm like what toys, you get two plastic see thru images and that it... worst effort I've ever seen by ANY pinball company. I predict this game will be selling for about $3500 to 4k within 12 months because what radom person just wanting a pinball game in their basement would pick this thing?
They want a themed pinball game, and this is just weak! They should have made this game the second coming of MM, but instead they gave us the cheapest game they could possibly make. If you ask me Stern is going downhill and fast...
There are too many pinball companies right now, and if Deep Root does something amazing, people are going to get super picky, which is a good thing honestly. Stern can and should step up their game because what is Beatles, or Munsters, total let down, which is why no one wants to buy one.

Competition is good for Stern (and thus, good for pinball, and good for us). I guarantee they still wouldn't have LCD screens in their games if not for WOZ.

It is my hope that Black Knight SOR goes down as the last of the "Street Level" Stern games.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

The Black Knight pinball is lame overall.

JACy0dj (resized).jpgJACy0dj (resized).jpg
#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

Competition is good for Stern (and thus, good for pinball, and good for us). I guarantee they still wouldn't have LCD screens in their games if not for WOZ.

It is my hope that Black Knight SOR goes down as the last of the "Street Level" Stern games.

Wow, thats absolutley ridiculous.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Stern has conditioned us to accept these barren games. People are literally creaming thier pants over the feather that's on the helmet and The pinball podcasters literally cant shill this game enough. The black knight looks like it came from five below. I'm literally scratching my head how someone can look at the prem/le playfield and say this is worth $7.5-9k

superfreakonomics-horseshit (resized).jpgsuperfreakonomics-horseshit (resized).jpg
#22 4 years ago

I think they could have done more with it.

#23 4 years ago

It is a well implemented toy

#24 4 years ago

I think the knight toy is pretty cool. It's for one very interactive with the moving metal flail, moving shield and two it's a molded toy that also lights up. As far as toys go it's one of Stern's most interactive toys to date.

My main issue with the game is that there's very little else on the pro, the premium upper playfield looks odd with a giant chunk of metal as a ball lock, the constant heavy rock music can become mind numbing, and there doesn't appear to be a lot of modes.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

My main issue with the game is that there's very little else on the pro

Yeah I couldn't be happier, lots of crap means lots of stop and go would have killed the game.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

the constant heavy rock music can become mind numbing

This speaks volumes. Now I get it. Yellow brick road is more ur speed?

#26 4 years ago

Why does stern and everyone else seem to call it a flail?

-A flail is a weapon consisting of a striking head attached to a handle by a flexible rope, strap, or chain.

Shouldn’t it be called a double sided mace?

#27 4 years ago

Think it is more lame to ask the question.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Adipocere:

I agree with this part of your statement.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think they could have done more with it.

I always walk away with the feeling the Toy's head should move in some way, it would really pull in the movement of the arms and create a better illusion.

#30 4 years ago

I think when you call a simple magnet a 'toy' that's closer to lame. The BK is interesting looking, upon first glance someone would see it and think it was worth dropping some coin to see what it does. At the same time it's a simple mechanical design, which for a manufacturer translates into relatively inexpensive to manufacture and support.

So it balances the tightrope nicely. There's something there for the player and something for the business. So in that sense no, I don't think the toy is lame, I think it's smart.

#31 4 years ago

I think its a step up! A Fine toy, with Good use of it in Game Play!

With that, however, I do wish there was more toys on the playfield for my taste, but enjoy the game well enough
to play outside of my home, at the Lounge.

I dont see the staying power in my home collection.

#32 4 years ago

The toy is awesome the pin is not.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

I always walk away with the feeling the Toy's head should move in some way, it would really pull in the movement of the arms and create a better illusion.

Steve stated he wanted more movement of the Knight, but the required mechanics versus the Knight's size was a no go.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And this is why I have posted in several different threads about the matter. I want to be part of a growing voice of pinball enthusiasts to help dissuade Stern from continuing down their current path. If I wasn’t such a big fan of Stern’s I wouldn’t be talking about this.

Fascinating!

Can you give me a summary? Thanks!

#35 4 years ago

It's a fantastic toy it has a great sculpt and interacts with ball windshield two very cool ways the shield and flail.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I think when you call a simple magnet a 'toy' that's closer to lame.

Thank you so many JJP fans seem to think a game loaded with magnets is a game loaded with toys

#37 4 years ago

LAME? No.

Could be better? YES! But "could be better" applies to just about all toys on Sterns over the past several years IMO.

#38 4 years ago

I dont know why people complain of the music, I think its awesome.. rock on.

#39 4 years ago

Why are "awesome" and "lame" the only two choices? For me, it's somewhere in between.

#40 4 years ago

I got super bored playing the pinball, but as far as a toy goes, I thought the black knight was super cool. Highly detailed, interactive, aggressive, great implementation IMO.

#41 4 years ago

I'll take an interactive toy that has two separate interactive functions over another rehashed bash toy with a magnet any day of the week. The BK toy is cool in my book.

#42 4 years ago

I'm loving the game. I purchased the premium. We shall see how long it lasts but early indications are that I'm keeping this for a long time. The toy itself is really well done. There are multiple interactions with the ball. Kids walk up and love to see the Knight. On top of the interactions you have the voice of the knight that interacts with you as well. I'm trying to think of a toy that interacts with you more than this one, but can't. Some games have multiple toys that together interact with you more, but for a single toy, I think its done very well. My biggest gripe is that I use the right flipper way more than the left. Whether you think that game is barren or not, this game is just plain fun to play. To each their own. I like it.

#43 4 years ago

This toy rocks. I cant think of a single stern toy in the last 5 years that's beats this one. Am I wrong?

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

This toy rocks. I cant think of a single stern toy in the last 5 years that's beats this one. Am I wrong?

Aerosmith toy box and Munsters lower playfield are both good in my eyes

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from TwoHeartedMale:

I don't dislike it, but lets be real here... it's a lit doll with color changing LED's and a fancy feather thingy holding a spinning motor.

#46 4 years ago

Let's be real here, it's a box with balls in it.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I don't dislike it, but lets be real here... it's a lit doll with color changing LED's and a fancy feather thingy holding a spinning motor.

Let's face it, Thing is a just motorized metal slab with a magnet attached and some window dressing to make it look like a hand!

Let's be real, rudy is just a bunch of solenoids thrown together on a metal frame with plastic in front to make it look like a mechanical man

Let's be real, everybody hates everything here and nobody will ever be happy with anything.

#48 4 years ago

I hate pinball

#49 4 years ago

You've come to the right place baby!

It's gonna suck when Deep Root starts churning out the most awesome stuff ever and we have nothing to bitch about any more.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's gonna suck when Deep Root starts churning out the most awesome stuff ever and we have nothing to bitch about any more.

Hey I've heard things aboot them from them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 130.00
Machine - For Sale
Grafton, WI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pillager, MN
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
There are 376 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-new-black-knight-toy-lame-poll?hl=stupidjackpot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.