Topic poll

“Is the new BLACK KNIGHT TOY LAME? POLL”

• Black Knight toy is awesome 407 votes
    66%
  • Black Knight toy is lame 207 votes
    34%

(614 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

t2 (resized).jpg
t1 (resized).jpg
20190630_163043 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20190626-144132 (resized).png
haha (resized).jpg
you-will-lose (resized).jpg
IMG_1298 (resized).JPG
IMG_1297 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20190624-070250_Facebook (resized).jpg
A7AFBE56-9387-484D-9253-22414C501CAC (resized).jpeg
tumblr_mc3bgephnT1rrvjloo1_500 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.43.05 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.44.12 AM (resized).png
C59657A1-6E56-42DF-9813-646BF2925FB7 (resized).jpeg
9BC936F3-EE6C-424A-99E2-1E48C3FF5BD1 (resized).jpeg

There are 376 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 4 months ago
Quoted from tilted81:

You think it’s better to Drain the balls out then leave em for the kid w/ no money who’s hittin the start button on each game hopin for it to start? I leave credits on games for kids like that. You should see their faces light up

We played it at Pintastic, set to free play.

#352 4 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

We played it at Pintastic, set to free play.

Ah, in that case yea I agree

#353 4 months ago

GOT is booorrrrrr
Iiiiinnnnnggggggg

#354 4 months ago

If you played either 1 or two balls how much could you have actually experienced? It's like saying I watched the first 5 minutes of the LOTR trilogy then stating omg The LOTR trilogy is so boring.

#355 4 months ago

since most of y’all are at work on pinside instead of working here is a game or thrones tutorial that will help.

for those that are here not to talk about game of thrones and are here to talk about black knight, here is a link for the trailer with the amazing guitar soundtrack from Ian Scott.

mjr

#356 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You've come to the right place baby!
It's gonna suck when Deep Root starts churning out the most awesome stuff ever and we have nothing to bitch about any more.

Surly we could find something.

2 weeks later
#357 4 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

The game is flawless its perfect its a high end collector version not a nick not a scratch...
...mint condition might be the best one you’ve ever seen...
...I’m asking $3995 for one that is PERFECT...

Quoted from drfrightner:

PS: I took these pictures for you LAST NIGHT! Now I can't get super incredible pictures of it without pulling it out, taking off the glass, etc. I didn't have time for that. This machine is near perfect...

Quoted from drfrightner:

Some of the people on this website are just LIARS! End of story!

t1 (resized).jpgt2 (resized).jpg
#358 4 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Other than that I guess we could start breaking game toys down from Stern. They've made some cool shit like the Ring & nascar track.

#359 4 months ago

Law are you nuts ??? That playfield is perfect, the glass is on the in a very dark room taking pictures with a flash. You have some issues... there isn't once scratch not one flaw. You're invited to come see it for yourself! Dude you have serious issues! Have you considered seeing someone? Just for you I'm going to take off the glass and snap some pics with NO FLASH! Seriously go and see a doctor!!! LOL

In the pictures you can even see the glare, you can even see the backglass on the glass of the game. Invite anyone in St Louis to come and see the game for themselves its perfect. But you know you posting those pics is off topic, I got moderated for that. Lame!

Either way as I stated its PERFECT!!! Isnt this thread about the black knight which isn't selling right now for Stern? Did something change? Oh I remember you got on this site and said I was selling a T2 for 5k, which you lied. I have it listed for $3995, because its a flawless game, with color screen, powder coating, collector toys added, pinsound, that isn't a rip off considering Pinball Company has one listed a ton more and its not half as good. Just saying keep your facts straight stop lying and stop making up stuff.

Someone laid the law on the law and I'm sure you feel butt hurt. Get over it!

#360 4 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Law are you nuts ??? That playfield is perfect,...

From multiple angles appears to be the same issue with insert edges. I'll just wait till you get some more time for actual pics.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Just for you I'm going to take off the glass and snap some pics with NO FLASH!

Yeah that's what you said you'd do 19 days ago. Oh also have the pics a little bigger than 640x480...phones in the last 6 years won't even take pics that small.

#361 4 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

From multiple angles appears to be the same issue with insert edges. I'll just wait till you get some more time for actual pics.

Trust me its perfect. Why would I lie like you did when you got on here and said I was selling a T2 for 5k when I wasn't.

If someone comes and looks at it they will see its perfect or its not... I have no incentive to lie! C'mon give me a break.

Does the pictures show it has new blackglass artwork, color screen, sideblade art, collector toys added, powder coating ... yes! Does it have new colored posts, silicone rubbers, all LED? What do you think all that costs?

When you said I was selling it for 5k and lied... maybe you referred to this one by pinball company at 5500 https://www.thepinballcompany.com/product/terminator-2-pinball-machine/

#362 4 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Trust me its perfect.

I don't trust you, hence the point of this.

Quoted from drfrightner:

I have no incentive to lie!

You sell pinball machines, you have every incentive to lie.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Does the pictures show it has new...

You said it was perfect restore the best I've seen, not interested in add-ons, interested in PF condition.

Like I said if I'm wrong I'll apologize in full. I can only go by the pictures you've shown me. No worries take your time...I'll still be here.

#363 4 months ago

I knew this thread should be a shit-show, but Frightner has taken it to a new level, especially with the law poking him.

Thanks guys! (no sarcasm smiley)

#364 4 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dude let me explain something to you, pinball is fun, I'm interested in making big dollars, I build entire family fun centers, escape rooms, mini golf, I own and operate my own haunted houses, we're talking about millions here. I HAVE NO incentive to lie about a pinball machine. Trust me on that.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Secondly you have NO reason to not trust me, because I've never lied to you or anyone.

This whole thing is ridiculous. That T2 machine is probably one of the nicest ones you will ever lay your eyeballs on and I'll get people here in St Louis to confirm that to you. Its a home use only machine as hard as that is for you to believe. Its nearly perfect plus all the ad ons. I'm not lying nor would I to make nothing, I have more than that in it.

#365 4 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Dude let me explain something to you, pinball is fun, I'm interested in making big dollars, I build entire family fun centers, escape rooms, mini golf, I own and operate my own haunted houses, we're talking about millions here. I HAVE NO incentive to lie about a pinball machine. Trust me on that.

Secondly you have NO reason to not trust me, because I've never lied to you or anyone.
This whole thing is ridiculous. That T2 machine is probably one of the nicest ones you will ever lay your eyeballs on and I'll get people here in St Louis to confirm that to you. Its a home use only machine as hard as that is for you to believe. Its nearly perfect plus all the ad ons. I'm not lying nor would I to make nothing, I have more than that in it.

I have the same insert edge imperfections on my STTNG. It's possible your T2 (and my STTNG) had these issues when it was taken out of the box.

In any event, still looks like great example.

#366 4 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

In any event, still looks like great example.

Thanks!!! The whole this is utterly ridiculous. The guy tries to blast me and he comes out and tells everyone I'm trying to sell some T2 game for 5k, which I'm not. So he got corrected, put in the corner for time out. So then it goes into a tirade about how he wants to see pictures of the game. I post some now he's making circles of glares from the flash. LOL. You can't make this stuff up.

My T2 is in mint condition. Looks like it came out of the box last Sunday, I added a color screen, collector toys, color posts and rubbers, side blade art, newer backglass art, pinsound, all led, and I'm asking $3995. Is that unreasonable? Oh yeah and I powder coated the game. Seriously is that unreasonable?

C'mon Law just admit that is not unreasonable and then you can come out of time out! LOL

#367 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Frightner has taken it to a new level, especially with the law poking him

Law can poke all he wants, I'm just poking right back. Do you actually think I take any of this serious? Its pinball have fun and smile!

C'mon on I see you smiling go ahead you'll feel better! There ya go! Good boy! LOL

Back to the subject... Black Knight doesn't have any toys so yes this thread is ridiculous. Any game should be judged success or failure based on sales, and this game simply isn't selling. I promise you Stern is dying to move onto the next title to change the narrative. In order to do that I think they need to go over and beyond and get back to stuff like Simpsons, or Lord of the Rings, they need a game that looks like fun without playing it. If that makes any sense.

C'mon Stern get back to the roots, there is no need for Pro's, Premiums and LE's that aren't really LE's. One model go all out with a price everyone can afford, lets make it happen. Not that long ago you put 10x more effort into your games for half the price of today. So we know you have it in you!

Lets get it together! LOL

Lets act quickly because JJP is on a serious roll, what people thought wasn't possible is happening. JJP is producing titles, getting them off the line, and they have their next two games in production with one set to debut this fall. Great titles, awesome themed games, and we want the same from Stern. Lets make the next title a grand slam! I'm going to make a prediction and you can quote me... Sterns next game is going to be one of their best ever!

I think they know they've got to step it up and they will! I'm predicting Sterns next game is going to make everyone forget about Beatles 25k price, or Black Knight lack of toys, or Munsters boring design, its going to be all out Stern. They're going try and remind everyone why they own this town. That is my prediction.

#368 4 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

So then it goes into a tirade about how he wants to see pictures of the game.

They say a picture is worth 1000 words, and since you love typing at least 1000 words I thought it would be OK, buuuuut you seem to be a little apprehensive aboot it.

#369 4 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They say a picture is worth 1000 words, and since you love typing at least 1000 words I thought it would be OK, buuuuut you seem to be a little apprehensive aboot it.

He's contributed dozens of pictures worth of words to Pinside -- doesn't that get him off the hook?

#370 4 months ago

Nice T2 but perfect doesn't exist and it does have ghosting on those inserts ringed.

That is totally normal in an old game.

But it isn't perfect - FACT!

#371 4 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You said it was perfect restore the best I've seen, not interested in add-ons, interested in PF condition.
Like I said if I'm wrong I'll apologize in full. I can only go by the pictures you've shown me. No worries take your time...I'll still be here.

Classic LAW....Lamo

#372 3 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

C'mon Stern get back to the roots, there is no need for Pro's, Premiums and LE's that aren't really LE's.

LOL Stern Munsters LE 600 JJP Wonka LE 5000

#373 3 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL Stern Munsters LE 600 JJP Wonka LE 5000

OMG!!! JJP doesn't call their top machine an LE its a CE because they're just a step better than Stern! LOL They have a limit on their CE which is even lowers than Munsters. And trust me on this one Stern didn't come CLOSE to selling 600 Black Knight LE's not even close. Speaking of LE's here is something I realized probably about all these companies. I'm nearly positive if you order an LE you get one of the last numbers first I guess to fool you into thinking you got lucky and barely got one. I know people who bought LE's like an entire year after the fact and one friend got #5 a full year after the fact. I doubt anyone sells out of their top model that would be my guess.

I'm pretty sure Stern doesn't have a limit on how many Premiums or Pros they will make. Your post is pretty ridiculous and that is saying something for you!

#374 3 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

OMG!!! JJP doesn't call their top machine an LE its a CE

JJP has a Wonka Standard open run LE 5000 units CE or Collectors Edition run of 500 units

#375 3 months ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Why would I lie...

Quoted from drfrightner:

Some of the people on this website are just LIARS! End of story!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#376 3 months ago

The whole LE thing is pretty much destroyed. Stern’s 500 limit was decent for really popular titles, but it still didn’t make them that rare compared to overall sales. Stern raising the run to 600 is pure greed and lowers collectability, a true kick in the teeth for buyers. JJP doesn’t understand the meaning of “limited.”

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chicago, IL
There are 376 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside