IMG_1297 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20190624-070250_Facebook (resized).jpg
A7AFBE56-9387-484D-9253-22414C501CAC (resized).jpeg
tumblr_mc3bgephnT1rrvjloo1_500 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.43.05 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 8.44.12 AM (resized).png
C59657A1-6E56-42DF-9813-646BF2925FB7 (resized).jpeg
9BC936F3-EE6C-424A-99E2-1E48C3FF5BD1 (resized).jpeg
There are 376 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

1). The game is flawless its perfect its a high end collector version not a nick not a scratch.
...mint condition might be the best one you’ve ever seen.
I’m calling THE LAW out as a part of the FAKE NEWS MEDIA....

That's fair. Now I'm calling you out...let's see some pics. Actual pinball pictures please not glass on lights on; best we've ever seen type of shit.

I do apologize for misquoting the price, that WAS a mistake. Must have been thinking aboot your 5k clownpuked Roadshow.

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Ok, this is new, so powdercoat subtracts value now? What else you got genius?

A lot of people don't care for wild colors of powder coat. No need for the attitude.

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

A lot of people don't care for wild colors of powder coat. No need for the attitude.

No need to bring the yellow brick road edition into this.

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

powdercoat subtracts value now?

It does for me.

#305 4 years ago

Let’s keep all the posts non personal guys. Take it to PM if you need to have a private discussion.

#306 4 years ago

Would love to see a pinside free of post like these.

#307 4 years ago

I see we're now at the personal attack stage of the thread lifecycle, so I thought it was time to ask...

Was this thread created so that ideas could flourish, or was it set up as a trap so that non-believers could be cornered and bullied? (Fanboy thread, or is free speech allowed and welcomed?)

thanks...
-mof

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I see we're now at the personal attack stage of the thread lifecycle, so I thought it was time to ask...
Was this thread created so that ideas could flourish, or was it set up as a trap so that non-believers could be cornered and bullied? (Fanboy thread, or is free speech allowed and welcomed?)
thanks...
-mof

It's a poll, no better or worse than any other. It was personal from the beginning, which is stated in the first post and the basis for the thread.

#309 4 years ago

its pretty entertaining actually!

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

thanks...
-mof

I don't know anymore.

Sometimes I think Pinside is for disgruntled hobbyist to lash out on everything new. I'm trying not to get caught up in it anymore

#311 4 years ago

I think it's way better than the giant Gobstopper in Willy Wonka (no offense to those who bought Wonka...it's still a really cool game and I hope to get one at some point!).

#312 4 years ago

I agree cut the personal attacks like calling me a ‘dipshit’ and creating false news about something I’m selling. Furthermore just because someone says something doesn’t mean its true. Check into it. The national media is full of fake news every single day. Think for yourself.

I would like to see a new poll now if people want or don’t want their original games powder coated. I think its going to be PRO powder coating.

Someone start that thread I want to see the results.

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Furthermore just because someone says something doesn’t mean its true. Check into it. The national media is full of fake news every single day. Think for yourself.

I know...we're still waiting for the pics of your T2

+1 no powder coating

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I would like to see a new poll now if people want or don’t want their original games powder coated

I vote no powder coat

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yeah, I'll be sure to let all the AC/DC, WOZ, Hobbit and TWD LE sellers know...

#316 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I know...we're still waiting for the pics of your T2

Okay Mr Law... I'll get you photos sometime next week. I just got back from Vegas from a tradeshow, now I'm off to Atlanta for 7 days. I won't be back until late next Wed. I can't get you any photos until then... I have nothing to hide its MINT condition. This thread isn't even about T2 its about the lame toy on Black Knight, or just the lame Black Knight. I forgot which one it is! LOL

You know there are people on this site who are hardcore pinball players, and there are old school guys, and there are also very high end collectors.

I like high end very detailed games, with powder coating, color screens, sideblade art, mods and more. We're from two different ilks but doesn't mean either of us are wrong. But I want to see the poll on powder coating because yes on powder coating is going to win big league.

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Okay Mr Law... I'll get you photos sometime next week.

Cool, no rush.

Quoted from drfrightner:

We're from two different ilks but doesn't mean either of us are wrong. But I want to see the poll on powder coating because yes on powder coating is going to win big league.

Yeah throw one up; Just remember to word it correctly. I've been wrong many many times before so I wont cry over it.

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Okay Mr Law... I'll get you photos sometime next week. I just got back from Vegas from a tradeshow, now I'm off to Atlanta for 7 days. I won't be back until late next Wed. I can't get you any photos until then... I have nothing to hide its MINT condition. This thread isn't even about T2 its about the lame toy on Black Knight, or just the lame Black Knight. I forgot which one it is! LOL
You know there are people on this site who are hardcore pinball players, and there are old school guys, and there are also very high end collectors.
I like high end very detailed games, with powder coating, color screens, sideblade art, mods and more. We're from two different ilks but doesn't mean either of us are wrong. But I want to see the poll on powder coating because yes on powder coating is going to win big league.

It might win a poll, but there is nothing more annoying than irreversible mods.

High end collectors in most hobbies value originality over personalized restoration.

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah, I'll be sure to let all the AC/DC, WOZ, Hobbit and TWD LE sellers know...

Go back to my original post...I said AFTERMARKET powder coat. I know you are trying to pick yet another fight, but please read more closely next time. Most aftermarket powder coat jobs are fugly, and I would pass on most machines that have it done.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#320 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The majority of people don't want their machines to look like what a 16 year old does to his Honda Civic.

I almost spit out my drink reading this part. Being someone who keeps their games almost stock, I agree with it. It reminds me of the many Tron pricing debates on Pinside where people complain that Tron Pro's are going for thousands more than NIB price because of all the mods and powder coatings on them (then they whine that Tron is a boring game and overrated, then create a new thread that Stern is making Tron Vault real soon)

#321 4 years ago

No powder...

#322 4 years ago

I received my BK:SOR Premium this week.

How can ANY of you consider this toy to be lame?!?!?! It fits the theme perfectly. It adds TWO obstacles and a target to whack the bad guy in the nuts.

It's an excellent PF toy, not lame.

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Go back to my original post...I said AFTERMARKET powder coat. I know you are trying to pick yet another fight, but please read more closely next time. Most aftermarket powder coat jobs are fugly, and I would pass on most machines that have it done.[quoted image]

Okay, my bad. Aftermarket powder coat is bad, factory powder coat is good...makes sense.

#324 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I would like to see a new poll now if people want or don’t want their original games powder coated. I think its going to be PRO powder coating.
Someone start that thread I want to see the results.

Start it your self

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

and a target to whack the bad guy in the nuts.

Some whine that it is a stand up target in front of the Knight instead of something that is intregal to the unit; All the while, not considering that a separate SU target will be much easier to service some time in the future.

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Okay, my bad. Aftermarket powder coat is bad, factory powder coat is good...makes sense.

Just like toppers.

Edit: er...W/b toppers

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just like toppers.

Agreed. W/B toppers always added to the game.

The worst thing about toppers today is they add nothing, or in fact just duplicate the name of the game only now it's on top as well as on the glass. Just in case you missed the name.

#328 4 years ago

I got an opportunity to play the game for an hour. I have to admit that it’s a pretty sweet pinball machine. I thought the Knight toy was pretty cool. If I had unlimited money I’d definitely have it in my collection. Might some day down the road when they’re more abundant on the secondary market.

As for aftermarket powder coating, I like some of the stuff that was done to ramps and whatnot on the machine. But I prefer the classic machines to look stock on the outside although I do like some additional “toys.”

#329 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

or in fact just duplicate the name of the game only now it's on top as well as on the glass.

ha...good point I've never even thought of.

#330 4 years ago

I vote no powder coat. Also topless is favored.

#331 4 years ago

Played it for the first time this weekend, like it far more than Game of Thrones or Tron.

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Played it for the first time this weekend, like it far more than Game of Thrones or Tron.

Better than Tron? WOW (I consider it one of Stern's best of all-time).

I haven't played the new BK, but now I need to find one!

I'm curious, how much time to you have on Tron?

#333 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Better than Tron? WOW (I consider it one of Stern's best of all-time).
I haven't played the new BK, but now I need to find one!
I'm curious, how much time to you have on Tron?

I played it a few times at The Sanctum and twice at Pintastic. In either case the game just didn't gel for me. For a frame of reference Game of Thrones bored both my wife and I to tears, we didn't even finish playing our turns but just drained the remaining shots out.

I thought Black Knight was good even though I had just one game on it and played Deadpool and thought that was pretty good as well. If you had to put a gun to my head and pick between Deadpool and BK I'd lean towards BK based on my experience this weekend even though I'm a Deadpool comic fan from back in the day. Ghostbusters was great fun too. Tron looks fantastic, easy one of the best looking pins but the gameplay leaves me disinterested in trying again.

#334 4 years ago

I get this. Theme, backglass, music and callouts win the day with Tron. The rest is up for grabs.
Anyways, sorry, this is not a Tron thread.

I'm a fan of the BK lance windmill.

#335 4 years ago

"For a frame of reference Game of Thrones bored both my wife and I to tears, we didn't even finish playing our turns but just drained the remaining shots out."

Really? Reeeeeeeallly?

This might be the dumbest thing said on the dumbest thread on pinside. Dr. F should thank you for claiming 1st place.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

"For a frame of reference Game of Thrones bored both my wife and I to tears, we didn't even finish playing our turns but just drained the remaining shots out."
Really? Reeeeeeeallly?
This might be the dumbest thing said on the dumbest thread on pinside. Dr. F should thank you for claiming 1st place.

Whatever. Some people like Pepsi, some people like Coke. Doesn't mean one or the other is dumb as you put it.

#337 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

its not selling because there is no license, and without a license you need to make the second coming of MM or something, they failed.

look at TNA. original theme and everyone loves it.

mjr

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

look at TNA. original theme and everyone loves it.
mjr

Agree and BK is killing it so far on location.
The negative doesn’t match real $$ going through the slots.

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Agree and BK is killing it so far on location.
The negative doesn’t match real $$ going through the slots.

agreed. i love the new one. music is great. art is great. perfect game for beginners. all easy shots and a simple rule set.

mjr

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Really? Reeeeeeeallly?

I found GOT boring as well and have no interest in playing/owning one...
And, what a shitty response....

#341 4 years ago

The toy and the game are great. All this talk about aftermarket powder coat being bad? Here is my Met premium. I bought it this way so it really didn't cost me any extra. Not sure how well it photographs, but in person it looks and FEELS great!

20190630_163043 (resized).jpg20190630_163043 (resized).jpg
#342 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

The toy and the game are great. All this talk about aftermarket powder coat being bad? Here is my Met premium. I bought it this way so it really didn't cost me any extra. Not sure how well it photographs, but in person it looks and FEELS great![quoted image]

me likey!

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

"we didn't even finish playing our turns but just drained the remaining shots out."

Why not just walk away? That’s the ultimate F-this game move. At least some kid coulda played or something

#344 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Why not just walk away? That’s the ultimate F-this game move. At least some kid coulda played or something

Its bad form to leave a game on the board for the next person in line to deal with.

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Its bad form to leave a game on the board for the next person in line to deal with.

Who said there was a line?

#346 4 years ago

Edit nevermind

#347 4 years ago

GOT boring = didn't understand how to play it.

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Who said there was a line?

Doesn't matter if there is a line or not.

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Doesn't matter if there is a line or not.

You think it’s better to Drain the balls out then leave em for the kid w/ no money who’s hittin the start button on each game hopin for it to start? I leave credits on games for kids like that. You should see their faces light up

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

GOT boring = didn't understand how to play it.

Yes, the rules are so much more complex than Ghostbusters, Deadpool, Lord of the Rings or Black Knight Sword of Rage.

You know they might want to put instruction cards or something on a machine if they are going to be that difficult. I'm pretty sure GOT had this screen thingy (color in this case) that spelled it all out but I might have missed it in my excitement.

We just didn't care for it, difficult as that is for you to grasp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Electronics
Space Coast Pinball

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 130.00
Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
There are 376 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-new-black-knight-toy-lame-poll/page/7?hl=pb456 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.