pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
endtable (resized).png
36645AB0-C14A-4E68-8888-E6A5925500DA (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Try playing poker on your pinball machine. No? Well then it's not a table

Poker = table?

Feel free to post pics of your next poker tournament on this

endtable (resized).pngendtable (resized).png
#83 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Still, Ive had mine for over two years and still enjoy playing it but it lacks that certain something that keeps it from being a classic. As it stands now though it's one of the best buys in pinball, imo.

Modes all samey, agree on the difficulty curve (no one gets the 2nd or 3rd wiz mode), bad playfield art.. but ironically, the biggest turnoff for me was when they got the 'Doctor' to add more speech. It was way too much speech, you'd still hear the occasional movie callout from other actors, but it seemed like 80% of the time it was Doc.

It is a fun flowing game if you turn it down and just enjoy making shots.

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Right, that's the point. In the not too distant past, it would have sold above MSRP and now it's below....market is softer.

The problem is a used game selling above MSRP, that should never happen unless there are severe supply constraints. For a while that was the case due to covid, but those constraints are now gone and prices are returning to normal. I don't see a problem. Used games selling above MSRP just causes manufacturers to hike prices; the market is what people will pay, not what it costs to make. Do you want that to continue?

#102 1 year ago

I've played Time Warp with the bananas and it sucked because every damn shot wants to go up the middle. It looks like it'd be decently fun with regular flippers, but I've never played one that way.

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

but it’s WAY too easy with regular flippers.

That's what I was thinking, thx for confirmation. I guess you could dork up the playfield with fat rubbers and all but by then you're better off just getting another cheap SS game..

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s all one shot after you’ve hit down the right drops a few times. Pretty boring game.

Wonder if a hack to force completion of either/both banks to qualify the right lane (unlighting on collect) would make it fun...

#113 1 year ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Where do you see prices returning to normal ? People still asking stupid prices, 6.3k for austin powers with dead dmd
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-austin-powers-60

It's not about the ask, it's about the sell. Those prices will come down as the games fail to sell. As others have said, it appears overpriced games are sitting on the market now instead of selling.

#156 1 year ago

That would probably make the game more playable... wider range of shots, just harder to make any given one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

750 (Firm)
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-market-softening-again?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.