pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
endtable (resized).png
36645AB0-C14A-4E68-8888-E6A5925500DA (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 1 year ago

Prices still seem pretty high but machines posted on the local facebook board for my province definitely sit longer than they were a year ago. A year ago if you didn't buy within a day or two of the posting it was gone. Now I see machines sitting for much longer.

#49 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Stern's thinking it not going to soften. Going from a 110,000 sqft to 163,000 sqft building.

Increasing production seems like a no brainer, all of the scalping and prices going up is because supply is far outstripping demand. I'm interested how they are sourcing enough parts though considering how slow they can be honoring warranty claims...

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

More puzzles … “Lifestyle brand”[quoted image]

This stuff annoys the hell out of me...those TMNT and Elvira boxes that were a couple pieces of cheap tat are just taking advantage of this community who seems willing to buy almost anything pinball related... who doesn't need an Elvira keychain?!

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Wiggles:

*inhales deeply* table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table, table!
But seriously, who gives a shit what people refer to it as? Table, pin, machine, game; none of it bothers me.

Pretty much every virtual pinball system calls them tables too... I don't get why it bugs the oldschool players so much. I guess just a way of gatekeeping or making themselves feel special?

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think the market is pretty soft. I’ve had a like new rush pro listed for like 6 weeks at 6500, which is below NIB, but have had very few hits. In the past, you could price a recently recently released stern above msrp and sell it pretty quick as people wanted it quicker than they could get it from a distro with less hassle of shipping. I suppose if I list it at $5800 it will sell fast, but I’d rather keep it than do that. I see much less sale pending or sold signs on market ads.
I wonder if robin has stats on the marketplace where you could see trends on the percentage of games listed vs games sold. My guess is you’ll see it dipping. Even better if he had price stats in aggregated form to parse out.

I wonder how much of it is that it's a pro. It seems like people are a lot more eager to the higher trim machines and pros take a bit longer to sell. It also seems like the difference between a pro and premium on the newer machines is bigger. I have an IMDN pro and it's just two moving mechs different than the premium. Newer ones like godzilla you miss out on pretty big features if you get the pro.

Also people who can afford the LE/Premium tend to have more disposable income I think and seem to buy/sell more pins more frequently.

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from the9gman:

because tables are flat ....pool table = flat .....fooseball table = flat .....coffee table = flat , end tables are flat .....dining room tables are flat ....pinball machines are not flat therefore they are not tables .....

Pinball machines are flat, they're just on an angle (gotta love the ambiguity of the English language)

And I've been trying to think of some type of table that is angled as well just to make this argument even more annoying, but I got nothing. The only one I could think of is a tilt table but I don't think that counts.

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

delicious!
in other somewhat perplexing news, someone stole my images to make a craigslist ad for Time Warp?? And the price? WTF?? did one of you weirdos do this as a lark? or someone executing a rip-off? I'm confused!!
sfbay.craigslist.org link

A lot of scammers just grab pics from other ads and re-use them to appear legitimate.

#133 1 year ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

even more confusing the ad now says SOLD! I just don't get how the scam works...
sfbay.craigslist.org link

Maybe it's a long con, post a bunch of sold ads for a game to make it look like the price is higher than it should be? That would be a lot of work lol...

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

Pick a hobby. It's all the same. Prices are not coming back. Congrats I saved you lots of time. Middle class had a good run.

I agree we're in for some considerable economic pain for the next few years, people will be selling their toys to afford food and living expenses at some point. Modern monetary policy is about to bite a lot of us in the ass very hard.

I'm on the fence as to whether pinball holds its prices a bit longer than other inflated hobbies because people who are in it have considerable discretionary income, or if the market get flooded harder because of how much money you potentially can recoup by selling one.

3 weeks later
#172 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohm:

It feels like the market is softening on some older titles but new is still

Seems in this hobby there is no shortage of people with significant disposable income so the new prices seem to be still below what an equilibrium with demand would be.

IT just released a new version of golden tee and it's several thousand more expensive than the old one and I've seen the golden tee topic on this board pick up with lots of new players getting it. More evidence that if you're the type who buys NIB pins/arcades you have quite a lot of discretionary income and a few thousand more doesn't really mean much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anony.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-market-softening-again?tu=Anony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.