(Topic ID: 230400)

Is the distributorship model for pinball outdated?

By JodyG

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Twilight Zone pinball stream setup (resized).jpg
    9C507D2A-ABA5-4943-8DC9-42698DF8C3F4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 5 years ago

No. Dealing with you people directly would be an absolute nightmare for Stern.

The "distros" earn their pay.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I have also had the idea that OP's get a special price compared to consumers. Operators are the lifeline of pinball, and deserve a discount. If you have a copy of your contract and can get notarized or approved by a local distributor then you get OP pricing(Say $500-$700 off retail MAP). Just a thought

Suddenly we'd all become "operators."

Regardless, I don't think losing $500-700 on half their sales is something anybody in the chain would want.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

OP's should not pay anywhere near full MAP pricing.

They always have. For like 100 years.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

In Southern California. There is no way for the consumer to go really look at what is available or try them before you buy them.
    To me that seems like a miss. If the market continues to expand a pinball dealership would almost seem a worthwhile step.
    If I could walk easily into a showroom and play iron maiden, buy it, arrange delivery.
    Etc all in the same place.
    I think much more would be sold. This may never actually happen due to profit needed.
    I think there is some type of place near me that could do this but it is only pool tables and hats.
    I walked in there to ask about pinball, the lady could not speak English very well.
    Is there some kind of problem? She asked when i asked her about pinball.
    I have never seen another customer in thier store, not 1 single other.

Probably the wrong time in history for Stern to get into the brick and mortar biz.

1 week later
    #93 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sinestro:

That's what everyone said about Apple retail stores.....

I don’t remember anybody saying that.

Regardless, a bigger apples and oranges comparison would be hard to find.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-distributorship-model-for-pinball-outdated?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.