• Latest reply 9 years ago by Dawson
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

My QD had its coin door guts removed , all of them ... And was looking to purchase a used coin door with the guts to put in my quick draw

Found this on craigs in Colorado,

will they work ?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 9 years ago

looks like it should... 2 coin slot wiring harness from the looks of things... doesn't come from an "older" machines, since the parts are zinc...

unless i'm missing something however, it's missing some parts from the coin lockout...

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

My QD had its coin door guts removed , all of them ... And was looking to purchase a used coin door with the guts to put in my quick draw
Found this on craigs in Colorado,
will they work ?

The frame and slots for the coin mechs will work. The harness may or may not depending on the era the door came from. 60's doors had simpler harnesses than 70's doors.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

The frame and slots for the coin mechs will work. The harness may or may not depending on the era the door came from. 60's doors had simpler harnesses than 70's doors.

yup, might have to re-use the existing harness and/or move some jones plug wiring....

i beat my head up against the wall on a very similar situation, and i really should have mentioned it in my first post... thanks for clarifying that mike..

#5 9 years ago

as noted the wiring is not always the same but very easy to resolder to work if the other harness has been hacked up

#6 9 years ago

Ahh thanks ,
maybe I will give it a go ... I already have bought a back box cover that was too big for this machine .

Keep the fingers crossed and hope it will work out .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-coin-door-on-a-gottlieb-drop-a-ball-compatable-with-a-qd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.