(Topic ID: 334467)

Is the act of tipping currently out of control?

By gandamack

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,188 posts
  • 217 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    R (20).gif
    FB_IMG_1688598293445 (resized).jpg
    20240408_204007 (resized).jpg
    20240408_203958 (resized).jpg
    20240408_202750 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1712596541857 (resized).jpg
    just-the-tip.gif
    giphy (15).gif
    tired-af-insomnia.gif
    83038015-13252729-Customers_from_around_the_world_have_shared_absurd_service_charg-a-40_1711727286016~2.jpg
    ball washer with tip jar (resized).png
    proxy-image (6).gif
    thumbnail_image0 (resized).png
    IMG_4323 (resized).jpeg
    20240309_194843 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphs007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#468 1 year ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Regarding the touchscreen issue. I was at the Missouri Conservation Department firing range near me. You have to check in using a touchscreen kiosk. I was having a bitch with it and kept tapping harder and harder.
    A park ranger approached and said let me help. He did everything no problem. I noticed he was using a light touch. Maybe you were hitting the no tip button with to much gusto Jay.

It could be that your skin is too dry ? I googled this problem,and this is a short description for the cause of the problem. I have very dry skin, and touch screens give me trouble all the time.

Almost all devices with touch screens these days, from phones to tablets, use capacitive touch screens. These work by using the electrical charge in our skin to sense where the screen is being touched. The electrical charge is greatest when our hands are warm and moist.
    In older people, dry skin is a common problem as less moisture is retained.
    Next time you're out,and you have to use an iPad to pay your bill,just spit on your fingers first.

4 weeks later
    #618 11 months ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

tipping fatigue.There was actually a report on the news discussing this.

The news is pretty much unwatchable these days.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphs007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-the-act-of-tipping-currently-out-of-control?tu=ralphs007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.