(Topic ID: 277925)

Is sunshine laundromat in Brooklyn open now ?

By MichaelMullen

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by acupunk12
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

572756F8-C122-42F5-9649-91AB3750B5C1 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Is sunshine laundromat in Brooklyn open now ? I don’t know the NY rules, and I can’t find any recent info about sunshine.

However, the pinside map says sunshine has an avengers LE, which I would love to play.

#2 3 years ago

No.
It’s been tough.

The Crick and the Cave wheels out a machine, I’ve read, but in NYC..... we’re sweating it out.

572756F8-C122-42F5-9649-91AB3750B5C1 (resized).jpeg572756F8-C122-42F5-9649-91AB3750B5C1 (resized).jpeg
#3 3 years ago
Quoted from MichaelMullen:

Is sunshine laundromat in Brooklyn open now ? I don’t know the NY rules, and I can’t find any recent info about sunshine.
However, the pinside map says sunshine has an avengers LE, which I would love to play.

I think that's the original Avengers. But I'm sure they'll get the new one as well.

NYC still doesn't allow indoor gatherings until Sept 30th.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from desiArnez:

No.
It’s been tough.
The Crick and the Cave wheels out a machine, I’ve read, but in NYC..... we’re sweating it out. [quoted image]

What’s the Crick and the Cave?

Even upstate they’re still screwing me. I’m told I can’t open until New York expressly states “arcades can reopen” even though some county’s in the state have considered arcades under “low-risk indoor entertainment” so there are some open *cough cough* ALBANY *cough cough*

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

What’s the Crick and the Cave?

Creek and Cave is a bar/restaurant in queens. THey've been wheeling a couple games out to the sidewalk during the day.

9 months later
#6 2 years ago

I’m driving thru NYC later today. Did Sunshine open up for pinball?

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I’m driving thru NYC later today. Did Sunshine open up for pinball?

No. Your best bet out there is jackbar in Brooklyn.

2 months later
#9 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No. Your best bet out there is jackbar in Brooklyn.

Do you think Sunshine is closed as in "defunct" or just really, really conservative on the COVID front?

Also, is Jackbar better than Barcade for a guy who likes older games?

1 month later
#10 2 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

Do you think Sunshine is closed as in "defunct" or just really, really conservative on the COVID front?
Also, is Jackbar better than Barcade for a guy who likes older games?

I came to this thread by search, wondering the same thing... Anyone have any info on whether Sunshine has any plans on coming back (ever)?

Was at Jackbar for the first time a few days ago...

Spooky Halloween CE
Spiderman
Stern Star Wars
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Twilight Zone
Getaway HS2
AIQ Pro
GNR Pro

And two others... I think maybe Fish Tales was one?

Can't recall # 10.

$1/play.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I came to this thread by search, wondering the same thing... Anyone have any info on whether Sunshine has any plans on coming back (ever)?
Was at Jackbar for the first time a few days ago...
Spooky Halloween CE
Spiderman
Stern Star Wars
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Twilight Zone
Getaway HS2
AIQ Pro
GNR Pro
And two others... I think maybe Fish Tales was one?
Can't recall # 10.
$1/play.

Monster Bash
Fish Tales
Mandalorian Pro
Godzilla Pro
GNR (LE)

Thanks for coming through!

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

Monster Bash
Fish Tales
Mandalorian Pro
Godzilla Pro
GNR (LE)
Thanks for coming through!

Ah! Thanks for the correction! And MAN, I missed GZ Pro by a mere few days! Next time!

2 months later
#13 2 years ago

Sunshine still closed?

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Sunshine still closed?

It was still closed last time we were around. wife and I prefer jackbar anyway, fresh lineup with some classics, owner is an all around awesome guy and family man. we have a great time at jackbar (@bigehrl) whenever we are in the city.

#15 2 years ago

Heading up next week... really hoping things aren't shut down by then.!!

#16 2 years ago

Someone I was talking to said it was still closed when they swung by. That would've been two weeks ago.

#17 2 years ago

I just talked to Peter last Thursday. Unfortunately, they are still closed. He hopes to open soon, but nothing is confirmed at the moment.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I just talked to Peter last Thursday. Unfortunately, they are still closed. He hopes to open soon, but nothing is confirmed at the moment.

Thanks for the info!

3 weeks later
#19 2 years ago

Going to be in NYC this week and planning on hitting up Jackbar at least one, if not multiple nights while I'm in town.
I assume no word on when Sunshine will be opening back up?

2 months later
#20 2 years ago

Spoke to the owner. They are definitely reopening. No set date, but sounds like it will be very soon. They did some renovations to the space and I believe are just waiting on a final inspection from the city. Can't wait to get in there! Note, they do have some great machines (Godzilla, Avengers, Rush) playable now in the main laundromat area.

#21 2 years ago

That's good to hear! It's been a long time; I hope business picks up fast.

1 month later
#22 1 year ago

Any update on status? We're planning to visit Brooklyn in a bit and hope Sunshine is shining!

#23 1 year ago

I was there 2 weeks ago and they had 3 LEs available, AIQ, GZ and Rush. Back room was not open yet but they said still planning to soon. Check out Greenpoint Brewery which had Mando, JP, Sth, DP pros. Temkins had GZ Pro, BSOR and No Fear and Jack Bar of course not far away

#24 1 year ago

Thanks!

#25 1 year ago

Very welcome!! FYI the Sunshine games were not on wifi so no Stern IC. The others I mentioned all were connected if they were eligible. Have fun!

8 months later
#26 1 year ago

Hey, it looks like Sunshine's web page was recently updated and no longer says "We're Closed". Plus, it reads "Copyright 2023". Have you visited lately?

#27 1 year ago

I was planning to visit soon. Would be good to know status.

#29 1 year ago

I was in the laundromat section in august where there’s about 4 games and the owner, Peter told me to check back in a month but since then it’s radio silence. No phone, email etc. hopefully they are okay.

#30 1 year ago

They are ok. They just aren’t open. It’s described as a “red tape” situation. They’ve had some private events lately but full time not yet an option.

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They are ok. They just aren’t open. It’s described as a “red tape” situation. They’ve had some private events lately but full time not yet an option.

Thanks for the info. Almost 3 years is a long time to be closed; I hope they revive.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quoted from clodpole:

Thanks for the info. Almost 3 years is a long time to be closed; I hope they revive.

Yes, exactly when I said, I hope they’re OK. I didn’t mean health wise I meant financially I don’t know how New York City can make it so hard on a small pinball bar while the rest of the city is essentially a GTA 5 hellscape

2 weeks later
#33 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Yes, exactly when I said, I hope they’re OK. I didn’t mean health wise I meant financially I don’t know how New York City can make it so hard on a small pinball bar while the rest of the city is essentially a GTA 5 hellscape

News to me about my hellscape...

I've seen the changes they've made and they're not good...

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

News to me about my hellscape...
I've seen the changes they've made and they're not good...

You must be blind. Try taking the train at anytime of day .

Born and bred real NYer and I never seen the five boroughs so screwed up. And that’s saying something. Open drug use, mentally unstable and cheap electric scooters everywhere. Or is someone just supposed to chalk it up and deal with it as normal city living nowadays and just should be acceptable?

Didn’t take them long to mess it up.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

You must be blind. Try taking the train at anytime of day .
Born and bred real NYer and I never seen the five boroughs so screwed up. And that’s saying something. Open drug use, mentally unstable and cheap electric scooters everywhere. Or is someone just supposed to chalk it up and deal with it as normal city living nowadays and just should be acceptable?
Didn’t take them long to mess it up.

Ok everybody fuckin relax.

NYC is fine, unlike the terrifying hellhole that is New Jersey. Sunshine is fine.

Please don't jump to conclusions. There is no homeless encampment in front of Sunshine. Nor is there a druglord or gang setting up shop there. They just aren't open.

All I can tell you is it's their choice right now not to be open to the public.

Nearby, Barcade is open. Jackbar is open. That's about 20 awesome games you can come play whenever you want.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

NYC is fine. Sunshine is fine.
It's quite unclear why they haven't opened, please don't jump to conclusions. There is no homeless encampment in front of Sunshine. Nor is there a druglord or gang setting up shop there. They just aren't open.
Nearby, Barcade is open. Jackbar is open. That's about 20 awesome games you can come play whenever you want.

There’s about to be a bitter, middle-aged Pinballer encampment out front soon!

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

NYC is fine, unlike the terrifying hellhole that is New Jersey. Sunshine is fine.
Please don't jump to conclusions. There is no homeless encampment in front of Sunshine. Nor is there a druglord or gang setting up shop there. They just aren't open.

I was in greenpoint in august. Peter didn’t make it out to be that they were closed by choice back then. Maybe they are now, I don’t know. Their phones have been off the hook for forever.

All I was saying in my previous post is is if they weren’t opened because of some city regulators, permits etc it’s pretty messed up and typical of what the city is becoming in terms of bureaucratic red tape holding up a business meant to prop up a community while turning a blind eye to way more imperative problems regarding quality of life of everyday residents.

And yes jersey is a hellhole same as NY. For one there’s absolutely zero decent pinball to be found besides in asbury.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

zero decent pinball to be found besides in asbury.

Morristown game vault. Should be a little closer for you than asbury.....

City life in every state is horrid by the way.

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Morristown game vault. Should be a little closer for you than asbury.....
City life in every state is horrid by the way.

Exactly.

Thanks. I been there. A lot of Their games are in rough shape honestly though

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from acupunk12:

Exactly.
Thanks. I been there. A lot of their games are in rough shape honestly though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

8,924 (OBO)
$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.00
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-sunshine-laundromat-in-brooklyn-open-now-?hl=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.