(Topic ID: 188594)

Is Stern's new LCD swaying you away from NIB DMD games?

By PanzerFreak

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Sammy31
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is Stern's new LCD swaying you away from NIB DMD games?”

• Yes 53 votes
      27%
    • No 147 votes
      74%

(200 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a047c38899baab9e2e5513a7874bb67161fea4cc (resized).png
    giphy (2) (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 6 years ago

Nope. The reason I'm not buying other NIB DMD games has nothing to do with the display. Design, QC, and code are much more important to my decision to purchase.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm going to eat my words here, lol. Since last Friday I had been trying to get in contact with a distributor to order an Aerosmith Pro but it's been difficult to get a hold of them to finalize payment and I was waiting a day or two to hear back at times.
    I watched more Ghostbusters and Aerosmith review videos and ordered a new Ghostbusters Premium today from CoinTaker. I've been gone back and forth about these two titles more times then I can count.
    I really enjoyed playing Aerosmith on location but in the end I realized I prefer the Ghostbusters theme more and a regular DMD doesn't change that.

Wait wait wait...you settled on the horribly playing garbage dumpster game because you like the theme more!?!? What in the F'ing F!?!

Hope it works out for ya....

....da fuq!?!?!? LOL

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ghostbusters is my favorite movie of all time and as a kid I was crazy about the films.

Me too.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The pinball machine is great in my opinion, especially the premium as I've never seen a more loaded Stern before.

I've seen plenty of more loaded Sterns. *shrug*

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ghostbusters is a breath of fresh air in an era of fan layouts.

In theory...but with all the cheap drains, mile-wide gap, and airballs, it's more like a breath of fresh fart in the face.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The game also has one of the best audio packages every put together for a pin, all original voice actor callouts and custom callouts by one of the actual Ghostbusters?! Can't beat that.

Winston, the most unfunny GB is saying Bill Murray lines like "Tex" ...it's totally wrong. Should have gotten Ackroyd. The movie callouts are sporadic, and most are locked in modes you can never get to due to linearity and cheapness. Get ready to hear "Who Brought the Dog" 6000 times.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I still hope some issues rules wise are fixed in a future code update.

You're knowingly taking that risk when the game is a year old. Don't complain when it never happens.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Its unfortunate that Ghostbusters did not get the LCD treatment. However, I'm not sure that Ghostbusters video modes would have even been attempted on the new LCD.

It already has two video modes, one of which is the worst ever made...and the other that's OK but doesn't really make much sense in the context of anything.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone think we will see a video mode again with Stern making the switch to LCD's? I would think that videos modes for an LCD would be more complex and costly then doing so on a DMD.

Video modes suuuuuck... hopefully NOOOOOOO. Video modes are rarely more than "move left or right" or "mash buttons" ...who cares!

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't sound surprised...whole place is all aboot theme more than substance these days.

Yup, totally...I get it though, the "me of a few years ago" would probably own a GB and say I love it despite its flaws. I did it with TF, I did it with X-Men...only after I got rid of them did it become really clear that I "fought" with the games more than enjoyed them. The themes were blinding. Thankfully, I'm past that phase. That being said, I'd rather play TF and Xmen over GB lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-sterns-new-lcd-swaying-you-away-from-nib-dmd-games?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.