4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by QuarterGrabber
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    20150102_183056_resized.jpg
    20150102_183905_resized.jpg
    IMG_20141219_164630_560.jpg
    IMG_20141219_164749_118.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Just got a MET Pro and one of the legs looks like it was bent, like something was wrong with it, compared to the other legs on the machine. However, I recently played TWD on location, and all the legs on that machine looked like my bent leg.

Has anyone else noticed this?

#2 4 years ago

Yes, one of the legs on my TWD is like this

#3 4 years ago

All four on my Mustang are like this, I am not a fan of the new look.

#4 4 years ago

pics?

#5 4 years ago

I have seen some variation. If you look at the top surface of the leg under the lower leg bolt you can see an indentation where the leg was inserted into a machine and bent upwards [to flare them away from the machine].
    Some that I've seen have been bent more than others.
    Perhaps it's done by hand and different people bend them to different angles?
    Just a thought.

#6 4 years ago

yes, there is a bend at the top more than in the past in the last couple games. The legs stick out further than past sterns and setting side by side you can definitely tell.

#7 4 years ago

Interesting.

I just wish they sent me the same type for all 4 legs.

#8 4 years ago

Why would they be changing a leg design?

Cost cutting more? I can think of no other reason to switch a part that has worked well and is not broken.

#9 4 years ago

I don't see how bending a leg is saving Stern money.

Pics??

#10 4 years ago

It doesn't seem to look any cheaper. What's nice about the bend is that it sticks out further from the machine and doesn't hug the cabinet as much. I suspect that will be less potential damage to the cabinet from the leg rubbing on it.

#11 4 years ago

IMG_20141219_164630_560.jpg IMG_20141219_164749_118.jpg
    #12 4 years ago

That appears to be a gorked leg and not an intentional bend.

It could be a money savings because they are possibly going with a different leg manufacturer that has a different leg? Or a crappier material mix and hence they flar the legs out slightly to give the game a wider base to offset a weaker leg???

#13 4 years ago

I would say that was damaged at the factory or in transit. That doesnt look like it was bent on purpose

#14 4 years ago

Either a defect, or trying to keep the leg away from the artwork? ANyone ask stern yet?

#15 4 years ago

Guys I got my TWD two weeks ago and all 4 are this way as well.

#16 4 years ago

From the pictures above, the leg looks bent/damaged right below the lower bolt (see the sunken in metal area).

#17 4 years ago

Factory seconds????????

#18 4 years ago

I sent an email out to Patrick Powers the other day and am waiting to hear back from him.

I would say 2 of my legs on my MET are this way and 2 of them are "normal".

#19 4 years ago

quality control at it's best . not

#20 4 years ago

That doesn't look intentional.. The new cab protectors do great job, so I don't think they'd wanna make any changes there. These legs are stamped.. could have been a die problem?

#22 4 years ago

Here's Patrick Powers' reply when I emailed him about the bent legs:

"The legs haven’t changed in awhile. You will notice a little separation between the cabinet and the leg but that is caused by the cabinet protector mounted to the cabinet."

I received the replacement from Stern today, and that leg is bent as well. Here's some pictures comparing the leg they sent, next to "non-bent" legs:

20150102_183056_resized.jpg 20150102_183905_resized.jpg
    #23 4 years ago

They are all bent that far now to help with rubbing against the cabinet. Even new ones from PBL are that way.. new W/B legs from Terry also have that bend. The legs are not messed up that is what they are supposed to look like.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gusphan:

Here's Patrick Powers' reply when I emailed him about the bent legs:
    "The legs haven’t changed in awhile. You will notice a little separation between the cabinet and the leg but that is caused by the cabinet protector mounted to the cabinet."
    I received the replacement from Stern today, and that leg is bent as well. Here's some pictures comparing the leg they sent, next to "non-bent" legs:

20150102_183905_resized.jpg 316 KB

20150102_183056_resized.jpg 317 KB

That looks like hell. It looks like it's damaged. What are they thinking with this?

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from ngoett:

They are all bent that far now to help with rubbing against the cabinet. Even new ones from PBL are that way.. new W/B legs from Terry also have that bend. The legs are not messed up that is what they are supposed to look like.

I second this. My new legs for my Taxi from marco are also flared outwards. I don't think the legs have been straight up/down since the 70s.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

I second this. My new legs for my Taxi from marco are also flared outwards. I don't think the legs have been straight up/down since the 70s.

Are you saying the '80s turned our legs gay as well?

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Are you saying the '80s turned our legs gay as well?

What about the gay 90's?

image.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    $ 11.95
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 35.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 174.99
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 12.00
    $ 305.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    ...redshiftLED

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside