Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by smassa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Part_3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago

It needs a another major release to be "finished"..... and then after a long drought......a Lyman 2.0 polish.

#11 10 years ago

Needs more depth to the combat code with the Vengeance. The Vengeance should be be able to virtually fire back at you, like the player does with the Punch It button. The shield targets would be integrated into that conflict.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

When is the last time a Stern release has been finished before all models shipped or within a month of being released? No not finished strong start but still a ways to go we don't even have a ball save when shield targets are hit yet.

It already has this when you hit the ship in multiball the kickback rockets the ball back fast as hell.

Re-read my suggestion. I said VIRTUALLY shoot at you.....like the players attack using the Punch It button.

That makes combat the same both way...with balls and virtual/photon/phaser attacks. Here, the shields and the shield targets could come into play with creative code.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Virtually shoot at you ... like a video mode? Its been a long time since we had a video mode in a recent Stern. I'd like it, though I know some would hate it.

It's like how you can hit the Punch It button now when you have weapons charged, you cause damage to the Vengeance. Shouldn't the same be in reverse? Shooting the ball out super fast is very cool, but it's not something that is going to interact with your shield level.

#30 10 years ago

Yeah! You guys get it!

#31 10 years ago

If you run out of shields and hit points for the Enterprise, the flippers could go dead, draining your balls.

I said balls.....

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What if they put Kahn on the DMD and he would talk during the mode. Then say, I've had enough...fire! If you survive his attack he could say something like 'impressive'. He can continue to taunt but when you fire your cannons the DMD animation could kind of shake with the vengeance ship and he would stagger a bit on the animation to show you hit him and he could say something else. Til one of you are defeated.

Yes, they really need to add Khan to a Vengeance mode. You can't just have Admiral Robocop.

#35 10 years ago

"I will walk over your cold corpses!"

"Now, shall we begin"?

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here's a little FYI message to the Star Trek supporters out there:
"Please be patient, it's all going to happen."
Have a nice day. back to work i go

Even my patented ideas?

1 month later
#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

<<yepper this title be fantastic when complete>>
If it gets completed, it will be due to Steve Ritchie's games having the best chance because he actually fights for good code work from his team. Other designers have a track record of "design a whitewood and walk away" (I'm looking at you, Borg). Those days should be long over.

Tron was a Borg game....and got a massive update long after everyone thought it would.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Part_3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-stern-star-trek-code-finished?tu=Part_3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.